“Great place for new years...Go Pack Go!”

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Ver nice hotel, modern rooms, excellent customer service....very friendly staff...Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
yodes, Guest Relations Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2012

What can be better than a Packer win??? Staying at a great hotel at a great rate!!!!
As you know, Wisconsin LOVES their Green Bay Packers~ and we LOVE their fans!!!!

Nothing is better than getting ready for a Packer home game ~ We get the opportunity to meet so many wonderful fans from all over!!!

Thanks for staying with us and lets get ready for another Packer Superbowl victory!!!!

There are newer reviews for Cambria hotel & suites

Reviewed December 22, 2011

We had a great time at the Cambria. The front desk is very helpful. We wanted to orderin pizza, they had a dozen menu's and even phoned in our order. Ask about the indoor sports park just down the road, fun for kids of all ages. You won't find a better breakfast buffet and it was only about $7 on weekends. The rooms are great and the hot tub is HOT. A great time had by all.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tank327
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I've been traveling to the Appleton area for about 6 years now for work and this is by far the best place to stay for business or pleasure. The hospitality here is fantastic, the rooms are very clean and modern and the fitness center isn't some small closet with a treadmill! I love that every room actually has two flat screen TVs so you can sit and work/relax in one area and when ready for bed move to the bedroom area where the second TV is for a comfortable nights sleep. This place is really nice and if in the area check it out as you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2011

We appreciate your kind words!!! We are so very proud of our hotel ~ It has so many amenities for the business traveler such as yourself. It is hard to believe that we have been open for 4 years already ~ our staff does an amazing job keeping everything in tip top shape~ they definately have pride in their work!!

Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!!!!

Reviewed December 9, 2011

This brand new hotel gorgeous however the staff was unfriendly and unaccomodating.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank teachergirl1
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stayed at the Cambria Suites on a Packer weekend, looking for affordable lodging that was a reasonable distance to Lambeau.
The location is on your way out of the Appleton area, which made it convenient when heading to Green Bay. It was approximately a 40 minute drive to Lambeau from the hotel.
There is really nothing in the immediate area in terms of dining, however, the hotel has sandwiches, etc. on the premisis, and you can find all kinds of eating establishments about 5 miles away on College Ave. They also offer a breakfast, for a nominal fee.
The accomodations at this hotel were excellent. Huge queen sized beds, pillow top mattresses, extra space in the room and bathroom (hence the designation of suites) and a stylish, contemporary design.
This is maybe not the place to come if you're looking for a large pool and recreation for a weekend with the kids. But for our family of twenty somethings, who were looking for comfortable, spacious, and affordable accomodations, I don't think we could've done better than the Cambria Suites.
Thank you to the management for the fine service, the attention to detail, and for making this a location that we will be recommending to friends.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor along with quite a few other travelers, and heard no noise during our stay.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kasaWisconsin
yodes, Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2011

First and foremost....GO PACK!!!!
Thanks for choosing us to stay with during your recent trip to historic Lambeau Field!!
You are correct - our location is great for a home Packer game. We are close enough for a short drive but enough of a distance to not have the high prices of hotels in Green Bay.
Our staff, although not all Packer fans, look forward to every home game and the variety of football fans that stay with us.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit to Lambeau Field!!!

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Great for the business traveler. Kind, courteous staff. Good food, clean, modern rooms. Quiet and well appointed. Great value for the money and great location. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2011

From the first day to the last, I enjoyed my stay at the Cambria.
Traveling for TWO weeks on business training, it was going to be a lengthy time away from my family. I was pleased to find that the hotel has a very high-end appearance and decor, despite having a very reasonable pricetag (my company paid, but the rates were great). The entire building has a very elegant, unified decor that makes it feel more like a big city hotel. The entire place was SPOTLESS, and I mean very, very well maintained!

The rooms are well-laid out and the elegance carries right into the room decor. Very modern, clean design, with a big giant bed ( I got a king sized bed). The only gripe about my room was the bowl sink, which looks great and seems like a neat element until you have to use it for awhile. I prefer my sunken sink design. The drain also did have a bit of an odor...kinda like standing water. But that's really nothing. The shower features on-demand hot water (instantly hot), which is soooooooo nice in the morning! The room features an actual working thermostat (so rare in hotels now), two TV's, with a wall dividing the sleeping area from a separate TV area, which has a table, desk with internet cable (no WIFI?....grrrr), and couch. You get a mini-fridge and microwave, both of which I used extensively during my long stay. Again, the room was spotless and well appointed, elegant and warm.
Housekeeping did a very good job. My room was maintained quite well my entire time on the premises. Fresh towels and lots of them, but then again, I was alone.

The gym and pool area were good. The pool is small and the jacuzzi is too, but it served me well after long days of training. Kids will enjoy splashing in the pool, but don't expect them to spend hours in there....it's on the small side. They will love it anyway. The gym is actually quite nice and sizeable for a smaller hotel. Looks bigger once inside and the machines are clean and the room is kept tidy, with towels neatly bundled on a shelf in the corner.

Food downstairs was okay. It's a small hotel and a small dining area best utilized for a buffet breakfast each morning....great price, about $9 gets you a nice plate of eggs, english muffin, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, pastries, and juice or coffee...go for seconds if you like. I had dinner there quite a bit, mostly because of the convenience (and a terrific bartender, Lora, who will also happily take your meal order). The meals were pretty good, not outstanding. Again, not a grand hotel with grand cuisine, and the service was very good. The prices were terrific, and I never ate anything there that was close to bad. You'll mostly want to dine in one of the many nice restaurants in the area.

Front desk was outstanding and you can see the staff takes pride in it's demeanor toward the guests. I had a minor issue regarding the billing for my stay, which was really a clerical error from my employer, and the staff was very good about updating me on the correction. The day I left for the airport (and after I had checked out), the manager allowed the shuttle to come pick up my colleague and myself from our workplace to take us to the airport. That was an absoutely wonderful accomodation on their part, and I guarantee that most hotels would NOT send their shuttle to a third location to shuttle just two former patrons to an airport, especially with gas prices so high. I was overjoyed with that arrangement, since we had no rental car, and expensing our company for a cab was going to be tricky.

The location is good, near a main highway. For me, without a car, it was a little isolated. You really can't walk to anything, so have a car or transportation handy. There is an adjacent restaurant, Beefeaters (not part of the hotel), which makes okay pub food. The dining there is sufficient at best, the service was good and the prices very reasonable...maybe worth one shot. The black and blue burger was very good, the rest was just plain, plain. You will drive for about 10 minutes to get to downtown Appleton for some good eats. Fast food places are also nearby, again driving distance. There is a drugstore (Shopko) within short walk (across the lot and past a dental practice) for any toiletries or munchies you may need.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend the Cambria. Remember it is NOT a large scale hotel, it is not going to send you a steak to your room at 3am. It WILL, however, be an excellent, warm, CLEAN, friendly place to stay. I would recommend it without hesitation. I can promise you will enjoy the hospitality and the atmosphere. If you're going to spend any time in the Appleton/Green Bay area, like I said in the title..."Stay Here"!!....no need to search for anything else. It doesn't get any better!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
yodes, Guest Relations Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Wow...what can I say?? Thank you so much for the kind words. We strive very hard to give each and every guest the best stay possible - whether they are staying for leisure or for business we want you to enjoy yourself and make you feel like home.

We hope to see you again when you visit our beautiful city - we are very proud to be part of such a wondeful hotel family like Choice Hotels.