I stayed here for three nights recently on business. I'll say right up front that I avoid Ramada properties at all costs, both for business and leisure travel, as most have little curb appeal and there are just too many horror stories out there. But my customer booked this for me at their corporate rate, so I had no choice. I was really surprised with the quality of this hotel, I have to admit. The building itself is pretty nice inside and out, check-in was fast and friendly, the room was huge with two comfortable beds, and the bathroom was large with decent water pressure from the shower. Good TV channel selection, and the heating system worked well and was reasonably quiet. Oddly, though, the easy chair was on the same wall as the TV, so it could not be used to watch TV unless you dragged it across the room and placed it between the beds. And it had no lamp so it was useless for reading, too. But most importantly for someone who travels frequently, the place was clean, top to bottom. I checked out the breakfast offerings only on the first morning; pickings were slim and they were actually out of milk (how does that happen??), so I would say that's the only real negative. Most of these lower tier hotel brands don't do breakfast very well anyway, so I would say my expectations were met...I have been told by a couple of coworkers, though, that the place has slipped since it was the Settle Inn. It must have been super-duper then, because I was pretty satisfied. With the exception of the poor breakfast experience, I think it's a Hilton Garden Inn or Hyatt Place masquerading as a Ramada.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Services/Amenities Include: Entire Hotel is Smoke-Free; Complimentary 24-Hour Coffee; Complimentary Popcorn Upon Arrival, Indoor Pool and Whirlpool; Game Room; 24-Hour on/off-site Fitness Center; 24-Hour Guest Laundry; 24-Hour Refresh & Replenish Mart, Expanded Lobby & Breakfast Lounge (2 Inviting Fireplaces); Complimentary Expanded Breakfast Buffet (with hot waffles),Complimentary Wired & Wireless High Speed Internet; Complimentary 24-Hour Business Center, Van Shuttle Service; Room Service from Glass Nickel Pizza Company, Within Walking Distance of the Fox River Mall, Fox Cities Stadium, Johnathan's Italian Bistro,and Coaches Corner, Hospitality Center in each room consisting of Microwave Oven, Refrigerator & Coffee Maker; Executive Desk w/Ergonomic Chair, 27 inch Widescreen LCD Panel TVs in all Guestrooms and 13 inch Widescreen LCD Panel TVs in all Guestroom Bathrooms, Comfort Bedding Promise with Symbol Pillow Top Mattresses in all Guestrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Appleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Settle Inn And Suites Appleton
- Settle Inn & Suites Appleton Hotel Appleton
- Settle Hotel Appleton