“Christmas 2013”

Wingate by Wyndham Appleton
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Appleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few weeks ago. Rooms were very large. Front desk staff seemed freindly. Very nice pool and breakfast area. As an added bonus there is a T.V. in the washroom . It is very close to the Fox River Mall . Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
JenDeBauche, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Appleton, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Happy Holidays Chipguy98,

Thank you for the short and sweet review of your stay here at the Ramada Appleton. We are glad that our Bathroom TVs and proximity to the Fox River Mall Area were to your liking.

We would love to have you stay with us again when you visit Appleton, WI.

Thank you again and have an awesome day!

Escanaba
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Started upon our arrival of a 2 night stay. Girl at desk (stated she was new) argued with me about the rate of my room. Later we noticed the room was out of toilet paper and only couple of towels for 4 of us. Desk clerk stated she WOULD NOT bring them up. Stated if I wanted them I would have to come down to the desk and get them. I told the girl they should re evaluate their cleaning staff. She was also as rude as the first clerk and stated "meaning what!" I told her it meant that a freshly cleaned room should not mean I have to come down to the desk to retrieve toilet paper and towels that should already be there. Next morning my friends wife went down to get a luggage cart. She asked the clerk about a cart. (same girl as when we checked in) Clerk stated she had no idea where the carts were as she does not keep track of them and if we wanted one she was free to go floor to floor looking for one. REALLY. You won't have to worry about me or anyone I travel with going looking for anything from here on. There are many other places to stay right near here and I will stay at one of those from here on out. On a much less important note, the hot tub was cold and would only run for a few minutes before shutting down. I have stayed here a number of times over the years and it appears this property may have been bought by someone else.

Room Tip: Go to a different motel where the staff treats you as they should!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank easyrider67
JenDeBauche, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Appleton, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Hello Easyrider67,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, here at our hotel. I apologize that we missed the mark during your stay and we did not meet your expectations. During the evening time, there is usually one person staffed at the hotel and it is a big job. For security reasons, we ask that guests come down to retrieve any items needed, especially when the single staff member is female. I have spoken with our Executive Housekeeper and she will personally make sure that all items are adequately stocked in guest rooms at all times. We do, also, have the two luggage carts for the hotel and during check out time, they are very popular for groups of travelers like yourself and some guests need them for longer periods than usual.

Guest Services are very important to us and we will use this review as a training tool, to make sure that a situation like yours, does not happen again. It is feedback from guests like you, that help us improve our services and procedures.

Thank you again and I do hope you give us a chance to make it up to you.

Marshfield
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This past Saturday my Mom and one of her friends stayed at this location, and thoroughly enjoyed it. She said the front desk staff were great people to meet/deal with, and everything was so nice and clean. The beds, she said, were also very comfortable too. I, personally, got to speak with Jake, (front desk staff), on the Friday before they came, and he was very nice. He made sure that the fax came through ok for me, and was just a great person overall to talk to. They loved their stay so much, they are already talking about returning to this location. Thanks to everyone on such a great job! Especially Jake and Anna!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
JenDeBauche, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Appleton, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Good Afternoon OkeySuper8,

Thank you for taking the time to not only write this review, but to call and leave me a voice mail about your great stay at the Ramada Appleton. I am very pleased that you found our facility and staff enjoyable. I will be sure to pass on to Anna and Jack, your kind words. We do hope that you come see us again when you are visiting Appleton.

Thank you again and have a great day.