“Usually good pick”

Wingate by Wyndham Appleton
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

This is typically hotel I will stay at when we come home and also for business. It's a pretty booked hotel so you must plan in advance. The front desk is typically decent. My last stay I was not do impressed with the cleaning of the room. We noticed that did not do a real good job and it became our inside joke to see how long it would go on for. Additionally if you want to do their reward program you must get each night stamped otherwise they burn you. Great location and good price.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Everything I love in a hotel and yet reasonably priced! This was our first time to this area, we were with a large group on our way to a Sunday Packer Game. I didnt get the choice to choose where we stayed so I was thrilled to find it exactly what I would of chosen for myself, comfortable beds with fluffy linens, large room, refrigerator, microwave and even a tv in the bathroom! Everything was super clean, the wifi worked well, and even the in room coffee was good. Free popcorn in the lobby in the evening, and a suitable breakfast for most. I didnt have a lot of interaction with the staff but they seemed accomodating and we had the large room off the lobby reserved the evening before the game for our large group to gather for games and snacks and they were certainly tolerant of our fun although I hope we werent to distracting. If there were any little concern at all it was that our bath tub didnt drain well, pretty minor considering how nice the rest of our stay was!

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room in the whole place.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
JenDeBauche, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Hello WiAng....

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor......it is the sincere hope of the Settle Inn staff to host your group in the future.

Be well...

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stay here twice a year for the weekend via our company. (spring and fall, this was OCT 26-28TH) This stay was wonderful. Enjoyed the clean room, the pool and Jacuzzi are always so clean. We came back Sat evening and our heat didn't work-so the front desk girl gave us another room as she was the only one at the desk that night and she was managing a packer party in the lobby. We were upgraded to a king jacuzzi room- 3 tv's a separate room with fireplace pull out bed and very roomy.. The BEST thing about this hotel is it's cleanliness!!! superb in my book. Breakfast is great-they at least offered kashi cereal and wheat bagels!! Thank you for a nice stay!!! We will be back again and again!~

Room Tip: King suites are wonderfully room!!! VERY clean hotel-nice and quiet~!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel is certainly satisfactory, especially at the price. The rooms are clean and average size. They have a fridge and microwave. Pros--The staff is EXTREMELY friendly and responsive. The front desk changed my room 3 times when I checked in (I changed my mind on location, there was nothing wrong with the rooms). I even got 2 nice notes from the housekeeping staff during my week there. The pool is large. Cons--they only have 8 king bed rooms so they go fast. The free wireless Internet is extremely slow. Reminded me of the old dail-up. In conclusion, I would go back without hesitation.

Room Tip: Book early if you want a king room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Ramada A, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2014

Thank you, for your review of or hotel. We have upgraded our wireless and it is much faster. We have done many interior upgrades as well.

We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!

Stephanie
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This place is great and so close to many things. I've stayed there before with the girls on shopping weekends, but this is the first time I've had my husband with. He was very impressed and happy with my choice. Everything is very clean and the service is wonderful. They are so helpfull. The pool and hot tub area are very inviting and we always use them. We'll always stay at the Settle Inn when in Appleton.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
JenDeBauche, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Hello Catcheetana from Kingsford....

Thank you for your gracious comments regarding your stay at the Settle Inn.....the staff and owners are proud of the service and accommodation offered at our facility - it is great to learn that you were satisfied and "we" sincerely appreciate your businss.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Have stayed in Settle Inns in other cities - they are usually decent, reasonably priced hotels. This one is convenient for shopping at the local mall and close to a lot of restaurants. It is also a straight shot to downtown.

I was here for business, rather than a family trip. The rooms are comfortable and generous size. I did experience a bit of intrusive noise from other guests. I did not use the pool.

The breakfast area is nice and large and has the usual breakfast items - nothing outstanding.

The hotel is a bit off the main road and I was glad I had a GPS when trying to locate it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments budgettravler55......

I was sorry to learn that your stay was disrupted by other guests....my sincere apologies - rest assured this is the exception as to what you can normally expect at the Settle Inn of Appleton. Your patronage is appreciated...it is my sincere hope that this unfortunate incident does not discourage you from returning.

Regards..

Jer

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was our first visit to the Settle Inn & Suites in Appleton, Wi and we could not have been more pleased. The room was large, clean, comfortable and quiet. Hotel service was excellent.
Location was great.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Greetings JMM2....

Thanks for the sharing your experience....the staff will be elated to know you enjoyed your stay as "we" are elated you choose the Settle Inn for hosting your visit.

Be well.