“Excellent fish”

Ranked #4 of 385 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: German, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated since 1967. Marks is a long time area favorite for lunch and dinner serving hand cut steaks, fresh seafood and award winning German fare. Come and relax in our well stock bar featuring a wide selection of liquor, beer and wine. Open 6 day a week, lunch Monday thru Friday and closed on Sundays. Hope to see you soon. Mark Dougherty Owner
Reviewed July 8, 2013

8 of us ate dinner. Everyone had a very positive meal experience. The walleye was the overall winner!

1  Thank Pam050

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I love Marks Eastside, but you can wait an hour for a table on Fiday night. Go early if you want to be seated in a reasonable time. The food is quite food, and the service is good.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We decided to finally try Mark's after always talking about going there. After reading some of the reviews on here I decided it would be best to make a reservation-especially Prom season is in full swing and we wanted to go on a Saturday night. I am glad I did.

We had a few drinks before dinner. I thought the drinks were okay. I always ask for olives in my brandy and coke and did NOT receive them either time and for the second round the bartender asked me if I wanted whiskey and coke. The bar was not that busy that he could not keep this straight, nor was he so busy he should not be able to remember olives. Maybe not a big deal for others, but for me it meant he was not getting a tip.

When our table was ready we had just placed our drink order. The hostess came back three times before we were ready and I was a little bothered by this. It felt like they wanted us away from the bar, but again, the bar area was NOT all that packed.

Our server was quite knowledgeable about the menu and offerings. She was also quite polite. I wish I could tell you what her name was, but she did not have a tag on, nor did she introduce herself when she came to the table.

Both my husband and I love French Onion Soup and had heard that this was THE place to have it. So we both ordered it. It was served in a crock and there was a nice portion. We both felt the soup was saltier then we liked it. If it were not for that, it would have been fantastic.

We both had the steak and scallops for our main dish. It was okay. I have had better and I have had worse. The portions were nice sized and it was served piping hot. These are important of course, but we were hoping for better. There was appropriate spacing between the salad/soup and the main dish being served.

As for decor, I really did not pay that much attention to it. For us, we go somewhere to eat so I cannot really comment on that part.

Would we return, I doubt it. There are so many places to try and with it being just okay I think we would do better elsewhere.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stopped for dinner on a Saturday night. There was a bit of a wait (maybe a little over half-an-hour) so we had cocktails first. My martini was perfect; and I was able to get it with Mark's wonderful homemade pickled mushrooms, which were also available for sale.

We both ordered the French onion soup which was amazing For my entree, I had the stuffed tenderloin. It was superb! My guy had a steak and thought it was very good.

The service was good; but not great. This was not their fault. They were too busy to give truly exceptional service.

We will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We ordered Haddock and deep fried chicken yesterday. Fish was stinking and tasteless, chicken was far from being juicy and was very thin. Prices were misleading as well. Will never go there again.

6  Thank Sachin K