“Great place for dinner!”
Review of Mark's East Side

Mark's East Side
Ranked #4 of 385 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: German, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated since 1967. Marks is a long time area favorite for lunch and dinner serving hand cut steaks, fresh seafood and award winning German fare. Come and relax in our well stock bar featuring a wide selection of liquor, beer and wine. Open 6 day a week, lunch Monday thru Friday and closed on Sundays. Hope to see you soon. Mark Dougherty Owner
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stopped for dinner on a Saturday night. There was a bit of a wait (maybe a little over half-an-hour) so we had cocktails first. My martini was perfect; and I was able to get it with Mark's wonderful homemade pickled mushrooms, which were also available for sale.

We both ordered the French onion soup which was amazing For my entree, I had the stuffed tenderloin. It was superb! My guy had a steak and thought it was very good.

The service was good; but not great. This was not their fault. They were too busy to give truly exceptional service.

We will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We ordered Haddock and deep fried chicken yesterday. Fish was stinking and tasteless, chicken was far from being juicy and was very thin. Prices were misleading as well. Will never go there again.

6  Thank Sachin K
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Wow! Food was superb! From the Steaks (cooked to perfection) to the Shrimp (which were huge!) to the Chicken Cordon Bleu. EVERYTHING was perfectly seasoned and cooked. Gotta try the Sauerkraut Balls! Who would've thought?? Keep it up I sure will be back.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Mark's several times for lunch and just recently for dinner. The lunches there have always been very good. I especially like the soup/salad bar that they have at lunch.
This recent dinner was planned in advance so our group of 5 had a reservation.
We spent a half hour in the bar area having drinks and conversation. The bar area is warmly decorated and pleasant. Service there was good.
A couple of us had steak. It was really well prepared. Another ordered salmon, another a pork hock with red cabbage & spaetzel (no accounting for taste...but he said it was delicious!) and the last had a steak burger. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. The service was good even though the place was full and it was a Saturday night.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been a once a month Friday night fish and many business lunches of Marks. Food good, price reasonable, expensive drinks. Last Friday I arrived at 5:30 and was not too crowed compared to some Fridays. After an hour I asked how much longer they thought on my number. They said 2 more numbers before me. Well, after another 30 minutes I walked up again and they said I was next. Now the kicker. After we were seated I noticed a table next to ours paying their bill to the waitress. I remembered them because the 2 of them came in right after me and were issued a number. I also remember the 2 talking with Mark and laughing as maybe they were good acquaintances. Waiting 90 min for a table is one thing, but seeing people seated with the same number in their party as mine paying their bill when I was just seated is another. The hostess knows me from many times I frequent Marks for Friday fish and many business lunches there. Not to say I want preference, just fairness. Unfortunately I will not visit Marks again due to the poor seating process or playing favorites with friends. I have spent a good amount of money there and Marks won't get that anymore and I'll sure let my friends and business partners to avoid. I have noticed on Fridays a pattern of people going up to the hostess after a period of waiting and for some reason they are called up next for their table next. This last Friday I noticed 4 groups asking the hostess about when their table is called tells me Marks is also trying to keep people at the bar as long as possible to pay those expensive drinks. I would complain to the hostess or Mark but all I'm sure I would of gotten was excuses or BS. Never again...

3  Thank Bill J
Marks_East_Side, Owner at Mark's East Side, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Bill:
Thank you for voicing your experience from last Friday night and I am very sorry it did not go as planned. I would love to talked to you in person or via email if you would be so kind to do so.
My email is markseastside@aol.com or phone @ 920-733-3600. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank You.
Mark