“First time--fair impression”

Ranked #3 of 370 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: German, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated since 1967. Marks is a long time area favorite for lunch and dinner serving hand cut steaks, fresh seafood and award winning German fare. Come and relax in our well stock bar featuring a wide selection of liquor, beer and wine. Open 6 day a week, lunch Monday thur Friday and closed on Sundays. Hope to see you soon. Mark DoughertyOwner
Las Vegas, Nevada
“First time--fair impression”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We chose this restaurant over the other German one in town because Mark's has a good website and the other does not seem to have one. We had a reservation and only waited a few minutes before being seated. Service throughout the evening was prompt and thorough; our water glass were repeatedly refilled and the server asked several times if we had any requests.We started our meal with breadsticks and cheese on the table, but later a bread basket was delivered--we think either one would have sufficed or both brought at the same time because we had already had quite a few breadsticks.We then shared a sausage plate appetizer which was tasty and ample. My husband said his French onion soup was very good, his sandwich as well. Meals come with soup or salad; my liver dumpling soup was delicious and filling. My entree was roast duck but I would have liked just half of the wild rice and some steamed vegetables to complement the meat and rice. The duck was well-roasted so a bit tough and dry. The cranberry sauce was sweet so I didn't use it. Maybe some gravy to pour over the duck and rice could be offered as an alternative. All dinner portions were ample so we asked for take-home boxes. To be fair, I would have to try the restaurant again with another entree.

• Visited August 2012

appleton, wi
“The best food in the Fox Valley-Appleton Area!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have been eating here for 20 years. Everything on the menu is excellent and I very highly recommend this place!

• Visited March 2012
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
“One of the best in the area”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This recently remodeled restaurant has good food served at reasonable prices. The staff is friendly and accomodating. I would recommend this restaurant for familiar dining or a special night out. Great afrench onion soup and hot bacon dressing!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank allez2008
ab1465
“Great place for a nice meal”
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

We've been to Mark's many times; I think it's my husband's favorite restaurant in Appleton. They have good German food, seafood,and steaks. Make sure to get reservations if it's a weekend- the bar area fills up fast with people waiting for a table. A great local place to get a nice dinner.

“Good food for a good price.”
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

I had heard good things about Marks. The food was very good, predominately German flair. The service was excellent.