“Very good experience.”

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
chicago, il
“Very good experience.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hotwired this hotel for $67/night and was very happy with our two night stay. Had no issues getting a bed preference (even though I hotwired). Room was a nice standard size with a microwave and fridge. Bathroom was standard (however, the shampoo/conditioner wasn't great). The room smelled nice and the air conditioner worked well. The beds were a bit "flat" but met our needs. I also appreciated they gave us extra pillows.

The pool and slide were awesome. It never was crowded and I think the most people we saw in the three times we went were 2 other families. For an hour on saturday, we had the pool to ourselves! I felt the pool/slide hours were totally satisfactory. They are re-doing the hot tub if that is a selling point for anyone and looks like they have a few more weeks/months of construction.

The complimentary breakfast had make your own waffles and sausage and eggs. Overall, it was a great stay and would go again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank nickiwms
GeneralManager3900, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Very relaxing stay it sounds like and I'm over joyed to read your review. Thank you for posting some pictures as well you really went out of your way to tell others about our hotel and that means the world to me.
An update on the whirlpool: the project will be completed on Friday June 28th 2013. Taken a little longer then we hoped but will be up and ready for some more realxing weekends soon.

Thanks again and hope to see you and your family back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Burlington WI
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were disappointed with nearly every aspect of this hotel except the cordial front desk staff. Our room was the last one available, it was handicapped access, but strangely it was the farthest from the elevator. It was dark & tired looking with a pea green bedspread, mud green rug, and dingy green hard chairs. The window could not be opened and had a broken seal so it was completely clouded over. There was a sports tournament nearby so the hotel was full of energetic kids who ran up and down the halls at all hours. The pool was extremely crowded with mostly out-of-control 10 to 12 year olds. No pool towels in sight until we walked wet to the lobby to ask for some. One staff person was there until 8pm but did nothing to stop the rowdy running, pushing, and rough play which included jumping around in the sauna and hot tub. Our kids were very disappointed when the slide was closed at 8pm (advertised as open till 10). The one staff person left at 8 and my husband and I were the only adults present with about 35 unsupervised kids. The layout of this hotel is very awkward and inconvenient. The breakfast was minimal and very cheap. My bagel was stale, the orange juice watered down, and the hot egg material and mystery meat hockey pucks were very unappetizing. For $120.00 we had a right to expect better.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, check to be sure there are no kid sport events in house.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Room dark and drab. Everything in tones of brown. Window foggy. totally steamy between panes, and window track so corroded that window could not be opened. TV small and difficult to see from bed across the room.

Pool/waterslide closed at 8PM when signs state "Pool/water park open till 10PM. No pool supervision by staff of flagrant violations of safety rules such as allowing 4 year olds in sauna and hot tub. Children running in halls unsupervised. No parents were present when pool was crowded with children and pre-teens.
Breakfast included reconstituted egg patties! reheated sausage patties, dry tasteless bagels and muffins.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from pool to lessen noise and commotion outside your room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager3900, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for writting your review. I'm terribly sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Gladstone, Michigan
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our group stayed 4/13. Found a great deal through the Trip Advisor. What I like most about this hotel is their staff. Nicole the afternoon desk clerk was just super friendly and informative about places to eat. Second best the Pool area with the waterslide. They do birthday parties there too so the pool was busy. Thirdly, the quiet rooms.

Pool and Slide hours are posted on the pool door. I agree the slide hours are limited but a lifeguard needs to be on duty in order for it to be used. Age and height restrictions are expected for any slide even with an adult along. That is for you and your childrens protection. Having said that I agree, an extra hour - at least until 9 would be really appreciated. We went out to eat after check-in and had to wait a long time for dinner and upon returning they were just locking up the slide for the night. Lifeguard hours could be increased at least on weekends. Maybe something the management can address? Also especially a consideration during the weeknight evenings if the slide is not open mornings. We always go on a weekend and haven't had that problem. This is not a pool for babies/ toddlers, you need at least waterwings and an adult in the shallow end of the pool whether there is or is no lifeguard. If that is what you are looking for you need to go elsewhere like the Country Inn or Tundra Lodge but be prepared to pay more. If there is no lifeguard you need someone to be there to supervise your kids. The staff enforces the 10 pm policy so adult guests have some quiet time and they can clean up the pool area. I as an adult with kids appreciate the quiet time and most small kids are worn out by 10 pm. They had a hard time to keep up with the pool towels. We always bring our own beach towels and don't have to worry. The pool was a little chilly but felt good after the hottub. The Sauna did not work at all, the desk said they would check on it. Didn't work the next day either. They could use a few more chairs on the pool deck as there was no place to sit.

The breakfast was awesome, our group had waffles, bagels, 3 kinds of yogurt, cottage cheese, toast, rolls, cereal, pork sausages and eggs, Milk, Orange Juice and Coffee. There was plenty of everything even at the end of Breakfast hours, not like some places where they run out. Only downer was not enough seating in the breakfast room. Many people took their trays back to their room. The workout room was well equipped and had plenty of space for several people. Lastly, our room on the 2nd floor was spacious, equipped with microwave, coffee maker, and fridge - was neat, clean, well supplied, had comfortable beds, everything worked well and was so quiet (even though the hotel was pretty full) that we slept great. Thanks alot for a pleasant stay! We will be back again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool, lobby, breakfast room and elevator area are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank scholr27
GeneralManager3900, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
WOW thank you so much for taken the time to tell us and everyone about our Hotel. I do have my lifeguards here until 9pm on Fridays and basiclly all day on Saturdays but I would agree more would be better. I just ordered more pool towels today as they always seem to run out. My breakfast staff try's there best to keep up with the demands so I'm glad to hear their hard work is paying off. I'm most please to hear you and your family had a GREAT TIME WITH US!!
Thanks again for taken the time to write this :)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This last weekend March 15-17th we stayed at the AmericInn with our hockey team. The staff was very accommodating and patient with us as we had almost booked the entire hotel. The children all had fun in the pool and with the water slide. It was nice to see hotel staff checking on the pool and supervising the water slide. The staff at the front desk were very helpful with helping us set up our pot luck on Friday night and one staff member went above and beyond and had a family member bring extra tables for us to use. I also liked that when a person came in Saturday to see if they had any rooms available they gave the person a heads up that the hockey team was there before they booked. It gave that person the option to not stay since we had over 60 children with us and a lot of adults. We hope to be welcomed back for next years Monsters on Ice Tournament weekend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LOVED ,LOVED your Group, My staff is still raving about your team and can't wait to see you all here next year as a block as already been set up!!! Thanks again for staying with us and we will see you next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed 2/22 and stayed in a hot tub suite. The room was beautifully appointed with a king size bed and an immaculately clean whirlpool bath. We paid an early visit to the pool, before all the children came, and spent the night upstairs. Our room was amazingly comfortable, and we spent the rest of the night ordering pizza (Brothers Three) and playing cards, while alternating soaks in the tub. Loved our stay!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer D
GeneralManager3900, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Jennifer,
Your stay with us sounds super relaxing and I'm a little bit jealous. Thank you so much for letting me know how much you enjoyed your stay.
Escanaba, Michigan
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I AM VERY VERY UPSET! not so much at the hotel itself, but with THERE ADVERTISEMENT ON THE WEB SITE:( WHAT JOKE! after a brief stay in OSH KOSH for shopping and Packer game our family STAYED HERE on a "TUESDAY NIGHT." The ONLY REASON we booked THIS HOTEL and NOT ANOTHER was for there "WATER SLIDE" "FUN FOR ALL AGES" THE SITE SAID.... not ANYWHERE on THE PAGE does it say "ONLY OPEN FROM 5-8:00PM (I might be wrong on times but its like 3hrs a day" this is not WHAT ONE WANTS WHEN you THINK OF A WATER SLIDE:( I was SO UPSET as our entire vacation had been cancelled because of being stranded for 2hrs and car issues:( my children ages 2, 4, AND 11 were SO BUMMED out after being told we were going to a HOTEL with a "WATER SLIDE" we had NEVER BEEN HERE and didnt know THE ACTUAL TRUTH, WHAT A SCAM to MAKE YOU STAY! when we arrived it was around 6:30PM, had dinner, and WENT TO POOL ROOM only to find out they HAD CLOSED EVEN BEFORE 8:00 OR 8:30 I dont remember the exact time now this was in December. However they still had a good 15MINS. The front desk did NOT EVEN MENTION that they WOULD be CLOSING SOON as we had our children(RUDE) and maybe they just didnt think of telling us, however then after that children were swimming AND WE WERE TOLD FIRMLY BY A YOUNG MAN THAT THEY HAD TO GET OUT NOW BECAUSE IT WAS 10:00 REALLY? NOBODY ELSE was in there (REMEMBER THIS IS A TUESDAY NIGHT) and they had to get out? I respect the extra hr for "ADULTS ONLY" but there were "NO ADULTS" so dickish move dude dickish:( we stay in about 20 hotels a yr and this was the first hotel to tell us "TIME FOR YOUR CHILDREN TO GET OUT" wow so no extra 10 mins just so you all know they will come in at 10:00PM EXACTLY NOT 10:02 Its almost as if he had "THE POWER" and was for sure letting us know that......anyway I could say alot more but will refrain. There SAUNA DID NOT work. Wouldnt get hot at all in the 2 hrs we were in pool room was told "IT WILL HEAT UP" when? not to mention the temperature of there water had to only be at 60 degrees it WAS FREEZING, I wouldn't even go in and the kids were also shivering:( even the pool room itself was really cold, not humid and comfy:( and they had NO TOWELS OUT:( POOL is DEEP with NO PLACE for LIL ONES to go in and out with out it being way too deep NOT RECOMENDED for any 2yr old as she wouldn't have been able to go on the slide YET SAYS "FUN FOR ALL AGES" this IS FALSE! They have a height REQUIREMENT for the slide and I think my 4 YR OLD(avrage size) almost couldn't go on, not that she had the chance too:(. I WILL NEVER EVEN CONSIDER STAYING HERE AGAIN..... I FEEL RIPPED OFF, STOLEN FROM, AND REALLY IRRITATED WITH THIS AND PLAN TO DO MORE. There breakfast was at least fresh and was worth eating. Our room had to be aired out when we first arrived because it smelled like onions or sweat. First time for that, usually rooms smell good even at cheap hotels, and last thing I have to say is we booked online and from what I understood we paid $40.00 more through hotels.com then if we would have just pd when we got there:( so this is what $120.00 for a tuesday night of fun bought us!!

Room Tip: If booking this HOTEL FOR the "WATER SLIDE AND POOL" make sure the POOL is OPEN when you a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManager3900, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Tracy,
It has taken me a week to figure out what I need and should respond to your review. At 1st I was so upset and almost wondered if this was even my hotel. But it is (
I did dig into Hotels.com and I did not see where it says “Fun for all ages” but I’d have to say our water slide is fun for everyone. I have seen babies to seniors laughing and enjoying what we have to offer. I’m sad your children as well as your self did not get to experience it. If I could have the slide running 24/7 I would so I am sorry but yes during the week (Sunday – Thursday) it does only run 5p to 8p. (Friday= 5p-9p)
(Saturday= 8a-11a & 1p-8p) and again (Sunday = 8a-11a before check out) The hours you are correct are not posted on hotels.com but they are on our Website which we have complete control of versus the hotels.com, expedia’s etc…And yes talking about 3rd party websites you do end up paying more then if you called the hotel directly (sometimes).
I have spoken to the gentleman who approached you at 10pm to try and play it by ear with the 10pm cutoff for children as well as reminded my staff how to reset the sauna if it’s not heating up fast enough. The temperature in our pool is always set at 84 degrees making the air temperature at least 3 degrees warmer only way temp would go down is if the boiler went out. Which to my knowledge is working great, so as far as the pool being cold I have no idea why that would be. Now lastly the smell, why you would have to wait to air out your room for one is absolutely disgusting and something I will not every stand for. I wish another room would have been provided especially since it was a Tuesday, you could have had the pick of the litter so to speak. Tracy I’m embarrassed of this review and I’m truly sorry your experience did not live up to your standards as well as my own. So thanks to this I now know where to step it up so thank you for taken the time to write your review. Hopefully you do give us another shot as I’m positive your family would enjoy it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Appleton
BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn
Cambria hotel & suites
#7 of 23 in Appleton
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton North

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton? Share your experiences!