“AmericInn Appleton”

Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“AmericInn Appleton”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed 2/22 and stayed in a hot tub suite. The room was beautifully appointed with a king size bed and an immaculately clean whirlpool bath. We paid an early visit to the pool, before all the children came, and spent the night upstairs. Our room was amazingly comfortable, and we spent the rest of the night ordering pizza (Brothers Three) and playing cards, while alternating soaks in the tub. Loved our stay!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer D
GeneralManager3900, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Jennifer,
Your stay with us sounds super relaxing and I'm a little bit jealous. Thank you so much for letting me know how much you enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Escanaba, Michigan
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I AM VERY VERY UPSET! not so much at the hotel itself, but with THERE ADVERTISEMENT ON THE WEB SITE:( WHAT JOKE! after a brief stay in OSH KOSH for shopping and Packer game our family STAYED HERE on a "TUESDAY NIGHT." The ONLY REASON we booked THIS HOTEL and NOT ANOTHER was for there "WATER SLIDE" "FUN FOR ALL AGES" THE SITE SAID.... not ANYWHERE on THE PAGE does it say "ONLY OPEN FROM 5-8:00PM (I might be wrong on times but its like 3hrs a day" this is not WHAT ONE WANTS WHEN you THINK OF A WATER SLIDE:( I was SO UPSET as our entire vacation had been cancelled because of being stranded for 2hrs and car issues:( my children ages 2, 4, AND 11 were SO BUMMED out after being told we were going to a HOTEL with a "WATER SLIDE" we had NEVER BEEN HERE and didnt know THE ACTUAL TRUTH, WHAT A SCAM to MAKE YOU STAY! when we arrived it was around 6:30PM, had dinner, and WENT TO POOL ROOM only to find out they HAD CLOSED EVEN BEFORE 8:00 OR 8:30 I dont remember the exact time now this was in December. However they still had a good 15MINS. The front desk did NOT EVEN MENTION that they WOULD be CLOSING SOON as we had our children(RUDE) and maybe they just didnt think of telling us, however then after that children were swimming AND WE WERE TOLD FIRMLY BY A YOUNG MAN THAT THEY HAD TO GET OUT NOW BECAUSE IT WAS 10:00 REALLY? NOBODY ELSE was in there (REMEMBER THIS IS A TUESDAY NIGHT) and they had to get out? I respect the extra hr for "ADULTS ONLY" but there were "NO ADULTS" so dickish move dude dickish:( we stay in about 20 hotels a yr and this was the first hotel to tell us "TIME FOR YOUR CHILDREN TO GET OUT" wow so no extra 10 mins just so you all know they will come in at 10:00PM EXACTLY NOT 10:02 Its almost as if he had "THE POWER" and was for sure letting us know that......anyway I could say alot more but will refrain. There SAUNA DID NOT work. Wouldnt get hot at all in the 2 hrs we were in pool room was told "IT WILL HEAT UP" when? not to mention the temperature of there water had to only be at 60 degrees it WAS FREEZING, I wouldn't even go in and the kids were also shivering:( even the pool room itself was really cold, not humid and comfy:( and they had NO TOWELS OUT:( POOL is DEEP with NO PLACE for LIL ONES to go in and out with out it being way too deep NOT RECOMENDED for any 2yr old as she wouldn't have been able to go on the slide YET SAYS "FUN FOR ALL AGES" this IS FALSE! They have a height REQUIREMENT for the slide and I think my 4 YR OLD(avrage size) almost couldn't go on, not that she had the chance too:(. I WILL NEVER EVEN CONSIDER STAYING HERE AGAIN..... I FEEL RIPPED OFF, STOLEN FROM, AND REALLY IRRITATED WITH THIS AND PLAN TO DO MORE. There breakfast was at least fresh and was worth eating. Our room had to be aired out when we first arrived because it smelled like onions or sweat. First time for that, usually rooms smell good even at cheap hotels, and last thing I have to say is we booked online and from what I understood we paid $40.00 more through hotels.com then if we would have just pd when we got there:( so this is what $120.00 for a tuesday night of fun bought us!!

Room Tip: If booking this HOTEL FOR the "WATER SLIDE AND POOL" make sure the POOL is OPEN when you a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManager3900, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Tracy,
It has taken me a week to figure out what I need and should respond to your review. At 1st I was so upset and almost wondered if this was even my hotel. But it is (
I did dig into Hotels.com and I did not see where it says “Fun for all ages” but I’d have to say our water slide is fun for everyone. I have seen babies to seniors laughing and enjoying what we have to offer. I’m sad your children as well as your self did not get to experience it. If I could have the slide running 24/7 I would so I am sorry but yes during the week (Sunday – Thursday) it does only run 5p to 8p. (Friday= 5p-9p)
(Saturday= 8a-11a & 1p-8p) and again (Sunday = 8a-11a before check out) The hours you are correct are not posted on hotels.com but they are on our Website which we have complete control of versus the hotels.com, expedia’s etc…And yes talking about 3rd party websites you do end up paying more then if you called the hotel directly (sometimes).
I have spoken to the gentleman who approached you at 10pm to try and play it by ear with the 10pm cutoff for children as well as reminded my staff how to reset the sauna if it’s not heating up fast enough. The temperature in our pool is always set at 84 degrees making the air temperature at least 3 degrees warmer only way temp would go down is if the boiler went out. Which to my knowledge is working great, so as far as the pool being cold I have no idea why that would be. Now lastly the smell, why you would have to wait to air out your room for one is absolutely disgusting and something I will not every stand for. I wish another room would have been provided especially since it was a Tuesday, you could have had the pick of the litter so to speak. Tracy I’m embarrassed of this review and I’m truly sorry your experience did not live up to your standards as well as my own. So thanks to this I now know where to step it up so thank you for taken the time to write your review. Hopefully you do give us another shot as I’m positive your family would enjoy it.
kaukau
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My family had another wonderful stay at the Americinn in Appleton WI. The room was exceptionally clean, the pool area is fantastic and the free breakfast is great. Lots of variety for a picky 7 year old! I cannot say enough great things about manager Tiffany and assistant manager Heather. They are wonderful! The entire staff is friendly and professional. Thank you again for a great stay!

Room Tip: We have stayed in every type of room from double queen to the King suite with fireplace and Jacuzzi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManager3900, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Michelle, Thank you soooo much for picking us as your hotel of choice. Hope Dan is feeling well. Can't wait to see you guys again!!!!!
Menominee, Michigan
Reviewed December 6, 2012

meeting up with cousins and other family members to visit and shop in the appleton area was a first this year. Staying at Americinn was so accomodating that we have plans to return next fall. the warm welcoming atmosphere mixed with the friendliness of the staff was such a relaxing and fun time for all. thanx americinn! We'll be back:)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManager3900, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Shopping is always so much fun and stressful! Glad you found us and you were able to relax after a long day of shopping. Can't wait to have you back next year!
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was one of the quietest hotels my wife and I have ever stayed in. Despite the presence of numerous children and babies, our room was very quiet. The hallways were even quiet. Overall, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank YOU so much for your review, Hope to see you again!!!!!
Ladysmith
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife has MS and has trouble walking very far so they gave us a room near an entry door. She had problems on their computer and they helped her. I had to stay late at a meeting and they allowed her to just stay in our room wayyyy after checkout. Pool was great. Breakfast was great and the other staff were the best we have ever dealt with.

Room Tip: When you are in or around Appleton, stay here!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManager3900, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Jerry, Your wife was a sweet heart and we just tried to make her stay her as comfortable as possible.
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Great place for a family getaway. We were in town for a wedding and needed a place to stay. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. The suite was very spacious. I would definitely stay again! Breakfast was great as well.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank You SOOOOO much! Hope if you are ever in town again you'll think of us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Appleton
Best Western Appleton Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton
Wingate by Wyndham Appleton
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton North

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton? Share your experiences!