I AM VERY VERY UPSET! not so much at the hotel itself, but with THERE ADVERTISEMENT ON THE WEB SITE:( WHAT JOKE! after a brief stay in OSH KOSH for shopping and Packer game our family STAYED HERE on a "TUESDAY NIGHT." The ONLY REASON we booked THIS HOTEL and NOT ANOTHER was for there "WATER SLIDE" "FUN FOR ALL AGES" THE SITE SAID.... not ANYWHERE on THE PAGE does it say "ONLY OPEN FROM 5-8:00PM (I might be wrong on times but its like 3hrs a day" this is not WHAT ONE WANTS WHEN you THINK OF A WATER SLIDE:( I was SO UPSET as our entire vacation had been cancelled because of being stranded for 2hrs and car issues:( my children ages 2, 4, AND 11 were SO BUMMED out after being told we were going to a HOTEL with a "WATER SLIDE" we had NEVER BEEN HERE and didnt know THE ACTUAL TRUTH, WHAT A SCAM to MAKE YOU STAY! when we arrived it was around 6:30PM, had dinner, and WENT TO POOL ROOM only to find out they HAD CLOSED EVEN BEFORE 8:00 OR 8:30 I dont remember the exact time now this was in December. However they still had a good 15MINS. The front desk did NOT EVEN MENTION that they WOULD be CLOSING SOON as we had our children(RUDE) and maybe they just didnt think of telling us, however then after that children were swimming AND WE WERE TOLD FIRMLY BY A YOUNG MAN THAT THEY HAD TO GET OUT NOW BECAUSE IT WAS 10:00 REALLY? NOBODY ELSE was in there (REMEMBER THIS IS A TUESDAY NIGHT) and they had to get out? I respect the extra hr for "ADULTS ONLY" but there were "NO ADULTS" so dickish move dude dickish:( we stay in about 20 hotels a yr and this was the first hotel to tell us "TIME FOR YOUR CHILDREN TO GET OUT" wow so no extra 10 mins just so you all know they will come in at 10:00PM EXACTLY NOT 10:02 Its almost as if he had "THE POWER" and was for sure letting us know that......anyway I could say alot more but will refrain. There SAUNA DID NOT work. Wouldnt get hot at all in the 2 hrs we were in pool room was told "IT WILL HEAT UP" when? not to mention the temperature of there water had to only be at 60 degrees it WAS FREEZING, I wouldn't even go in and the kids were also shivering:( even the pool room itself was really cold, not humid and comfy:( and they had NO TOWELS OUT:( POOL is DEEP with NO PLACE for LIL ONES to go in and out with out it being way too deep NOT RECOMENDED for any 2yr old as she wouldn't have been able to go on the slide YET SAYS "FUN FOR ALL AGES" this IS FALSE! They have a height REQUIREMENT for the slide and I think my 4 YR OLD(avrage size) almost couldn't go on, not that she had the chance too:(. I WILL NEVER EVEN CONSIDER STAYING HERE AGAIN..... I FEEL RIPPED OFF, STOLEN FROM, AND REALLY IRRITATED WITH THIS AND PLAN TO DO MORE. There breakfast was at least fresh and was worth eating. Our room had to be aired out when we first arrived because it smelled like onions or sweat. First time for that, usually rooms smell good even at cheap hotels, and last thing I have to say is we booked online and from what I understood we paid $40.00 more through hotels.com then if we would have just pd when we got there:( so this is what $120.00 for a tuesday night of fun bought us!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are your Welcoming Neighbor! With a FREE Hot Home-Style Breakfast served every morning. A Pool, Whirlpool, Sauna and 112ft fig. 8 water-slide. Hours of Pool are 7am to 10pm, 10pm to 12am 18 and over. Water-Slide hours are limited. Updated Rooms which inculded 32' Flat screen TV's, Fridge and Microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Lodge And Suites Appleton
- Americinn Lodge & Suites Appleton Hotel Appleton
- Americinn Hotel Appleton