“Always Good Pizza!”

Frank's Pizza Palace
Ranked #75 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Appleton, WI
“Always Good Pizza!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Similar to Cranky Pat's pizza. (Owners are related.) I never get tired of eating their pizza. One tip is skip the mushrooms for a crispy (not soggy) crust.

Lakeland, Florida
“Stay away fror Specialty Pizza unless you just have to try it.”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Headed into Franks Sunday night. It is old inside, but in a traditional way, it appears clean so not to worry. We got a run down of the menu from the waiter and I decided to try the Lasagna which came with the salad bar and loaf bread for $9.95. The salad bar as an add on was $4.95 and is very nice with good items and very fresh. My husband wanted the traditional Wisconsin thin crust pizza (cracker like) and after going back and forth decided on the specialty pizza medium "14 with x-tra sausage, a layer of "1 mushrooms and two sides of your choice $22.75. He was very disappointed since the mushrooms made the crust soggy and he couldn't find the prized anchovy's that he loves so much. He does think that if he had ordered a regular pizza with three toppings it would have been better and cheaper. But I'm sure some people go crazy for the special pizza, just not him. My Lasagne was good, but nothing I havn't had at other Italian resturants. I really did think the salad bar was small, but excellent. They had real olive oil and balsamic viniger for your salad or in my case I put it on a small plate for dipping our loaf bread. I had a small glass of wine $3.95. Beware there only red is Chianti and two whites wines. I've read the beer is over priced but we didn't confirm. I would go back and try the pizza again, but next time stay away from the special pizza.

Last thing, this place is cash only, so be prepared, no one mentioned it until they handed us the bill.

Visited July 2012
Naples, Florida
“Best thin crust pizza EVER!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Doesn't look like much from the outside or even the inside but Frank's has THE BEST thin crust pizza I've ever had and it is THIN. Great sauce, generous toppings. You just keep eating it is so good!

Visited October 2011
bonduel
“first time”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Franks was recommended by the staff at Grandstay hotel in Appleton, Wi.
Pizza was the best we've had in Wisconsin and rivals any pizza place in Chicago easily.

Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Way to go !!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I'm a lover of thin crust pizza. They have the BEST. I got to taste their beef, which I plan on buying by the pound next time we are in Appleton. The servers are friendly and helpful. The pizza is HOT when it comes to the table, and you can get root beer by the pitcher. I can't wait until our next "pizza fix". Frank's is the place to go. Thanks Jeannie for a wonderful experience.

• Visited July 2012