“Way to go !!!”

Frank's Pizza Palace
Ranked #62 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Way to go !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I'm a lover of thin crust pizza. They have the BEST. I got to taste their beef, which I plan on buying by the pound next time we are in Appleton. The servers are friendly and helpful. The pizza is HOT when it comes to the table, and you can get root beer by the pitcher. I can't wait until our next "pizza fix". Frank's is the place to go. Thanks Jeannie for a wonderful experience.

• Visited July 2012

“Excellent thin crust pizza, pricey beverages.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

First off I am an Appleton native that has been eating at franks for over 20 years. You cannot go wrong with the pizza, it's simply amazing. The place has a real nice small town feel. Just walking in brings you back to the 60's. Service is average, nothing fancy, yet nothing to complain about either. My biggest complaint though is simply the beverage prices. 8 bucks for a pitcher of soda... Not beer, SODA. that's 8 bucks for 60oz of soda, or better put, $1.60 per 12oz serving. And that's ice and all. That to me is a ripoff. Individual sodas are no better. First you pay up front average of 2 bucks a soda, then get charged a buck per refill. I can't remember the last restaurant I had to pay for soda refills. if you are a beer drinker you are in much worse shape, $3.50 for a CAN of beer. That's nightclub prices in this part of Wisconsin. Go for the pizza, but drink water if your thirsty. I'll never give this greedy place another penny for a beverage. Absolutely makes me sick that a place with a pizza this amazing feels the need to flat out rob their customers on beverages. Might be awhile before I ever go back.

2 Thank Klprothero
“History in the Making for 50+ years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

The farmer loves old school places and Frank's is old school cool. First check out the pizza oven, which looks more like a piece of art. Wind your way through the catacombs of dated furniture and booths and settle in for a real treat. The thin cracker crust is complemented by a sweet sauce and fresh toppings. I tried the sausage (made in house) with pepperoni - not very adventurous on my part - excellent on Frank's part. As I was leaving I saw the Frank's special which is a heaping pie of sausage and mushrooms and looked like heaven on earth. One note: Franks only takes cash or check - be prepared. Frank you are a genius!

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Not your average pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Loved the Franks Special-they make their own sausage and it is wonderful! Delicious, thin crust pizza, good service and a homey atmosphere. Under the same ownership for years and years, and you get a sense of the folks who've eaten here and enjoyed themselves since the 50's!

• Visited March 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Will always love their pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I have been going to this pizza palace since I was a little girl watching disney movies on the movie screen they used to play and now that I'm grown I still love their pizza! Used to be "Frank N' Pat's" but then the business broke up into "Frank's Pizza Palace" and "Cranky Pat's". Both places are great for good pizza!