“Heaven for Packer Fans”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Menomonie, Wisconsin
“Heaven for Packer Fans”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Lombardi's is a top pick. The food was outstanding, the atmosphere is overwhelming Packers. The service was prompt and never intrusive. My wife and were celebrating our get away weekend and this was the perfect place. Good food, a great wine selection and great service that was never "in our way". Highly recommend you try Lombardi's if you are in the Appleton area.

Visited November 2011

Greensboro, North Carolina
“The meal was amazing!!”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I've been to Lombardi's in years past but this time, the food was amazing, the service was excellent, and we (12) sat just away from the mainstream where we could enjoy ourselves without feeling closed in. The staff was extremely accomodating to our wishes (seating preferences, changing orders, etc.) and we never felt rushed nor did we ever feel like we were waiting for anything = A perfect evening entertaining friends and clients!

• Visited November 2011
Indiana
“How to Enjoy Lombardi's If You Aren't a Monster Steak Lover”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The other reviews make it pretty obvious that if you are a steak lover that can pack away huge volumes of food, Lombardi's is your place. So I will aim this review at people who don't quite fit that mold. The headline is that you can enjoy yourself and not go broke, but you need to order wisely and carefully.

The food quantity can easily be overwhelming. I was there with a group of 15 who split about 4 appetizers, and NONE of us finished our entrees. Everything is big including appetizers, salads, soups, sides, and desserts. They have a menu area calls "Sides for Two", each of which will serve more like 4 (and they are good, too). Suggestion - skip the appetizer and maybe the soup, and the sides. Or you could be even more unconvention and skip the entree - an appetizer, a soup or salad and/or side, and a dessert would stuff almost anybody. But if you go the whole hog you will end up paying for a bunch of food you don't eat.

Especially for non-steak entrees, ask your server's advice. Some of them are very good, some more mundane. My server steered me away from my normal favorite of Walleye to the grilled Atlantic Salmon Florentine which I really enjoyed. Others in our group who had the Walleye were less impressed.

For those who really want to downshift, they also thoughtfully have a few sandwiches on the menu - grilled chicken, hamburger, cheesburger, (all for around $10) and ribeye steak sandwich for $14.

Yes, it's a bit pricey, but let's put some numbers on that for you. Appetizers run from $3.95 for onion strings to$13.95 for seared Tuna, with most $10-$11. Soup or House Salad comes with your entree. Separately they run mostly $4-$6. Sides for Two run about $5-$8. The cheapest entree is a roasted half-chicken for $18, the most expensive (besides the seafood sampler platter) is Surf and Turf for $64. My salmon was $26. A 12 oz. Filet Mignon is $40, 8 oz. $32, 12 oz. New York Strip $36, 22 oz. Porterhouse $49.50.

• Visited November 2011
Monticello, WI
“As good as it gets!”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The best steak you can find anywhere. Outstanding wait staff, full bar, very elegant. A treat. Not cheap, and you would not expect it to be for what you get.

Visited October 2011
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Best Steakhouse in Appleton!”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I have been to Lombardi's probably 50 times in my life, since I live in Appleton ;) It is my favorite place to get a steak--you simply will not find a better one within a 30 mile radius!
It's actually in my top 3 in the whole state, and I am a bit of a filet connoisseur ;)

They also have a great wine selection!

I would highly recommend the Spinach and Artichoke dip for an appetizer! The salads are also amazing and HUGE. It is very pricy for Appleton, but you definitely get what you pay for! The portions are very large. Everything is ala carte like the potatoes, etc, but they come family size--could feed two-four people depending how hungry you are. (Cheesy garlic mashed are amazing!). The veggies are always superb, very fresh and cooked to perfection.

I have only tried the Petite Filet, but it is very tender and delicious--feels like it melts right in your mouth. Comes with a yummy bearnaise sauce and the option to get it pepper crusted.

Finally for dessert, the famous strawberry cheesecake is HUGE! And I mean HUGE! We shared ours with the entire bar!

Lombardi's definitely will not disappoint....food is always excellent everytime...the staff is the best around in my opinon--very professional, nice, go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect for you...that really makes it an even better place to me to see the same friendly faces again and again.

If you're in Appleton, you cannot miss this restaurant! Worth the extra penny!

• Visited October 2011