“Great food, Awesome service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Melting Pot

Melting Pot
Ranked #32 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: There's just something about a fondue pot that invites conversation. Invites laughter. Invites coming together. At The Melting Pot Restaurant, we offer a dining experience like no other. A unique, interactive dining experience creating memorable moments with family and friends. From the time the first piece of bread is dipped and the last piece of dessert is savored, you'll be graced with the time to discover new things about people you thought you knew. And, those you're getting to know. We are the premier fondue restaurant where guests can enjoy a choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrees, salads and indulgent desserts. It's up to you. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Whether you're celebrating romance, a birthday or anniversary - or just a night out while the babysitter is in charge - we offer something truly unique. An opportunity to interact and connect while experiencing all fondue has to offer. We look forward to your visit.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great food, Awesome service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

I hosted a bridal shower at the Melting Pot and the entire experience was awesome from my first phone call to make the reservation to when I walked out the door!! Mikki was our server and she was outstanding! The food was excellent. We had the Cheese, Salad & Chocolate option. We had plenty to eat and a fun time was had by all! This is an excellent choice for a group event or an intimate evening out!!

• Visited August 2014

“Perfect for a special occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Perfect for a special occasion as a couple or with friends. This is not a place for children.
Plan on spending at least 2 hours here which is perfect for a good conversation, but not for dinner on the go.
Reservations are definitely a must for holidays and weekends as they can be very busy. Week nights are much less so, but I'd still call ahead.
The ambiance is very nice. Lower lit and romantic. Jazz music was playing which added to the ambiance, but could have been turned down a little; although we were near the speaker.
Temperature inside is a bit cool, so ladies bring a light sweater.
The food is very good, but very expensive as you don't get much meat. What you do get is very good and fresh. The veggies and bread are endless though which is wonderful so take advantage of this!
It's about $40/person without the dessert course or drinks. You can easily spend $100 on 2 people.
Recently there has been a melting pot Groupon available which will save you $20, but certain fondues are more so make sure you are clear on what the Groupon includes as they don't have a separate menu.
They also send a mailer coupon out occasionally for a 4 course dinner at $24/person which is a great deal- although you don't get to choose from the complete menu. Still very good!
The wait staff is excellent; personable and knowledgeable.
If you are looking for a place to impress your date with something fun and different, this is it.

Wisconsin
“Bring friends. Or enemies you want to make into friends.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Prices are more expensive than the typical Appleton restaurant: $30-50 per person depending on what you get, alcohol is even more. BUT the food was excellent - small, often unlimited plates of veggies, meat, fruit, bread, etc for the fondue sauces which ranged from cheese to chocolate. Our server was the best I've had in Appleton in years - Patiently explained the process to a table of mostly new-comers, checked back often for beverage refills, approached the table and waited patiently for our conversation to finish before offering dessert and very knowledgeable about the whole thing. Conversation ebbed and flowed as each course was brought out. The dual-pot table meant we could try a greater variety of things than you would at a single pot one. I'd go again and bring an even larger group.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank MissWisc
Wisconsin, United States
“Different Experience, Average, Expensive Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I made a reservation here with my husband weeks in advance for our 1 year anniversary. At first I thought it seemed really nice and fancy with their heavy menus and nice table and booth. We did use a Groupon which is the only way to afford this place just about. I had the Cesar salad which turned out to be too sweet. Then our appetizers came with the sauces and it was okay but nothing to write home about or even spend the money on ever again. I feel like I could do this a home for a lot less and more flavor. The waitress and manager were really annoying because I felt like they were really pushy trying to sell their drinks and desserts. They also sat us next to the kitchen which was really noisy and I could hear the staff talking inappropriately. Also, I really don't like how everything to order is an ad-on for more money. I did try the original chocolate dippers and it was okay but once again nothing special. I was disappointed for a place that you cook your own food and the food that you get is just blah and its so expensive.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank destinationxanywhere
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Expensive but tasty food; fun time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I went here with a fairly large group, and got one of the 2-burner tables for all of us to sit at. We were seated quickly (we made a reservation) and all got our drink orders taken right away. I went with a Mojito, which was very good, and quite refreshing. We had a coupon for the 4 course meal (cheese, salad, entree, and dessert). We orderd the cheddar and bacon dip, and the spinach and artichoke dip for the starter course. Both of these were excellent, and the nice selection of breads/items to dip was nice. I was very pleased to find we could get move of any of the stuff on the table for this (and dessert) course. I would certainly recommend this.

The next course was salads. The salads could have been good, but they were warm when they arrived. Each of us had a few bites, but could not stand to eat more of it. Salad should not be served warm like that, and we all thought it was gross.

The next course was the meats. I was excited at first when I saw the variety of meats or seafood you could choose from, and then I noted the 3 small pieces of each we were served. Being that this was my first time, this isn't what I expected. It's not to say any of it was bad (I very much enjoyed all of it) but for the price I would have liked a bit more of it. If I were to go again, I might skip this course all together, or split one with someone.

The dessert course was wonderful. We got the "yin-yang" mix of dark and white chocolate, and another of milk chocolate. We were provided with bananas, pineapple, strawberries, cookies, brownies, and cake squares for our dipping. All of them were very good, and I was pleased to find that we could get more of any of the items on the table.

The experience was fantastic. My friends and I had an absolutely wonderful time here, and the food was pretty good. I was not as pleased with the bill (the drinks didn't help) which is most of the reason for the low review.

I would recommend this to a friend, but I would make sure to note the things I didn't expect (small entree course, large appetizer and dessert course).

• Visited March 2014