“Very good food in a pretty atmosphere”

Sai Ram Indian Cuisine
Ranked #6 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Celebrating 15 Years! Our restaurant is Family Owned Since 1999. We have made a major renovations to the restaurant and our menu in 2011. Stop in today try our homemade recipies in our newly remodeled candlelight dining room. Let our friendly faces and lovely service be your guide to one of Indian's Finest Cuisines! ~ Chef/Owner Krishna Chef/Owner Krishna runs Sai Ram along with his wife Kumari and two sons Neehar & Shavan. We use the freshest ingredients and all of our entrees are made from scratch. We have proven our excellent cuisine over and over again with our 12 Golden Fork Awards and Best Of The Valley Award (Post Crescent) Award. We are also Winner of Trip Advisor Top Restaurant 2013 & 2014.
Combined Locks, Wisconsin
“Very good food in a pretty atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

It's been several years since I enjoyed the food at Sai Ram. They used to have a lunch buffet about ten years ago that was just okay. It is wonderful to see that they have ramped up the quality of the food and their service. I had the chicken makhani and it was very good although it was not the butter chicken I've had overseas. The waiter assured me that I need to ask for more spice the next time I order it.

1 Thank Denise R

Wisconsin
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We've been going here for years and think of it as one of the best things about Appleton. I arrive intending to order something other than the Chicken Tikka Masala but then think, "What's the point?" (SR's CTM is something better than which I doubt I'll ever find--anywhere on any kind of menu?) So, I always order it. I've tried it, and liked it, but not as much, at some very highly rated Indian restaurants (think Rasika in DC.) My wife feels the same way about SR's Chicken Vindaloo.

They have a large, but not too large, menu, and can easily accommodate vegetarians and vegans. They have a nice selection of wine and beer. The staff, composed largely, but not exclusively, of the family of the owners, is just great.

1 Thank profofphil
“Excellent food in a very pleasant environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We were very, very pleased with the food, the service, and the surroundings. Chicken tikka masala was delightful. Chicken Korma was smooth, creamy and flavorful. Rice is served in a unique way on the dinner plate, as an inverted boat-shaped loaf. We've eaten Indian food all over and this is among the best ever. Try it, it's outstanding.

1 Thank Northerntraveler123
Madison, Wisconsin
“Quality Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

With so few Indian restaurants in the area, it's lucky that Sai Ram's is so good. I had tandoori chicken. Everyone in my party enjoyed their meal. My only complaint is that the bread cost extra. Other restaurants I've been to with similar menus have always served complimentary naan bread with the meals.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Marcie W
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Quality meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you are looking for something outside the norm, this is a great place to dine. The ingredients and sauces are fresh tasting and unique. The waitstaff is friendly and helpful, but not pesty. The decor is beautifully done. A great atmosphere for an intimate "Dinner Date". If I could come up with a negative, it would be the price. You receive a small serving boat with sauce & a few hunks of meat & veggies (and rice) for roughly $18.00. If you want bread with your meal, you pay extra.

The best bang for the buck is if you can find a special offer.

• Visited May 2013