“Quality meal!”

Ranked #3 of 385 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Celebrating 15 Years! Our restaurant is Family Owned Since 1999. We have made a major renovations to the restaurant and our menu in 2011. Stop in today try our homemade recipies in our newly remodeled candlelight dining room. Let our friendly faces and lovely service be your guide to one of Indian's Finest Cuisines! ~ Chef/Owner Krishna Chef/Owner Krishna runs Sai Ram along with his wife Kumari and two sons Neehar & Shavan. We use the freshest ingredients and all of our entrees are made from scratch. We have proven our excellent cuisine over and over again with our 12 Golden Fork Awards and Best Of The Valley Award (Post Crescent) Award. We are also Winner of Trip Advisor Top Restaurant 2013 & 2014.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you are looking for something outside the norm, this is a great place to dine. The ingredients and sauces are fresh tasting and unique. The waitstaff is friendly and helpful, but not pesty. The decor is beautifully done. A great atmosphere for an intimate "Dinner Date". If I could come up with a negative, it would be the price. You receive a small serving boat with sauce & a few hunks of meat & veggies (and rice) for roughly $18.00. If you want bread with your meal, you pay extra.

The best bang for the buck is if you can find a special offer.

1  Thank Mommafarmer

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had several errands to run in Appleton so I visited Trip Advisor to find something different for lunch. As luck would have it, I had a stop a couple of blocks from Sai Ram and had read a few reviews that made up my mind. The restaurant is pleasant to the eye inside with wonderful smells emulating from the kitchen. My server explained the menu clearly and helped me decide on my selections. The home made tomato soup was my first choice and is the best I have ever had. Next came the Lunch combo and garlic naan. I have tried Indian cuisine before but this was absolutely delicious and the flavors were quite appealing. Can't wait to run errands in Appleton again!

2  Thank foodhunter59703
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Another traditional indian restaurant with combination of north & south indian cusine servings! Very good, attentive, and fast service. The place is well decorated with some very good indian paintings.
Details about each and every dish are explained with the spice level. Ask for the chilli pokara starter. They are excellent but very spicy and hot! They have a good collection of wines to serve with food. The best part was the fish curry - served with catch of the day Salmon fish in indian curry. It tasted very nice and went well with naan and tandoori rotis. Each curry is served with steaming white rice and no need to order them separately. Both mutton and chicken dishes are not Halal but I understand from my colleagues they were good.

1  Thank ZakhirSidickk
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I really enjoy the food at Sai Ram in Appleton. My girlfriend and I go into the restaurant fairly often and have enjoyed our meals every time. It has been a pleasure getting to know the staff and the atmosphere inside the restaurant is great. We usually get the mixed pakora and she'll get the Makhani and I the chicken masala. We also split a bottle of the Tamari malbec. It's wonderful, I love it there! We've gotton to know our waiter, Shavan and it's always a fun time!

4  Thank Josey S
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We always go at lunchtime, and enjoy their lunch specials (11 am to 2 pm). You can pick any 2 entrees (small but filling), which is served with rice and a soup or salad -- for $9.50. I've been eating vegan recently, and there were tasty options available! I always end up spending more though, because I want naan and their aloo gobi (very tasty!).

The first time I ordered my food and it was too spicey. So the young waiter (patient and always smiling!) took it back and had a fresh entree (with less kick) back in no time. I was impressed!

I've never been disappointed with my dining here, and enjoy it whenever I'm in the area.

3  Thank notpicky07