“I blame my family's lack of imagination”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #188 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Grasse, France
“I blame my family's lack of imagination”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Oh really. Come all this way from the sticks to Appleton and the best we can do is TGIF. My family wanted to take advantage of the 15% off voucher offered by Grandstay. Jeez! Of all the places we could have gone to in Appleton to try something a bit different, by tightwad family chose this place. The food was okay but boring and predictable. The service was good and the only glimmer of light in this dreary meal was the oriental coleslaw. Ain't sayin' much is it. Seriousy, if you're in Appleton, could can do a lot better in terms of restaurant quality and style.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank JHM1964

Appleton, Wisconsin
“TGIFriday Appleton, WI”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I go to this restaurant at least one a week. "Happy Hour" is when I normally go because I like the half off tap beer specials along with $5 appetizers. I also like that they change their menu items a couple times a year so there is a good variety. The bartenders continue to be awsome!
The only reason I give them a 4-star is because when I visit there and it is busy, the food is not the best. I have sent steaks back but normally they aren't cooked any better than the first one. Now I will wait until the next time I go to the restaurant and let the bartender or manager know then. I still love TGIFriday but won't go again when it is packed.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank 4Scoopy
Michigan
“Great assortment of choices”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Three of us dined for lunch...many things to choose from and we all enjoyed our picks! Service was attentive...nearing a bit too attentive, but overall very pleased.

Visited November 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We waited, a very short, 5 minutes for a table. Would have seated right away if we wanted a bar area table. That was the best part of the evening....
1) The menus and table were sticky and not cleaned very well.
2) Waiter was too involved with flirting with coworkers and some customers to do his job.
3) My wife ordered a side salad without bread or croutons (she has a gluten allergy and can not eat)... the salad came with bread placed directly on top of the salad. Our waiter was too busy pay attention to this.
4) I ordered ribs with shrimp. Never got the shrimp.
5) Drinks.. not refilled.

Okay. So, I not too happy with our visit. When I tell you that our waiter was too distracted with his love-life aspirations, I mean it. Everytime he walked by, I would try to get his attention, he walked by and straight to the table behind us to chat with two ladies, or was following around one of two other waitresses chatting with them. I finally got the attention of a different waitress to fill our drinks, she was nice.
Why didn't I complain about my missing shimp? My wife couldn't remember me ordering any.. so, I let it go. But, when the bill came... yep! There's the charge for the shrimp. My waiter was the worst I've ever had anywhere. He spoke to us like this: "What do you want to order?". And not another word from him at all... nothing... no Hello, no asking what we want to drink, no refills, no offer for appitizers, no checking to see if our food was correct or the taste, nothing... Yes, nothing at all.
We remained friendly, and really didn't want this poor server to ruin our evening. This was the first time we've been to TGI Friday's in Appleton. We'd been searching for a good place to eat after visiting the mall.

Disapointed with the service. I'm sure other people that had better wait staff were better... but, since the manager never made rounds to check on anything. I'm guessing they simply do not have good service.

Too bad. The food was pretty good... but eating without drinks or napkins is a bit difficult.

• Visited September 2012
WI
“Average food, average price.”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have had better, I have had worse. Once a year is enough...average food, average service. Usually too many children and noise at the location near me.

Visited August 2012