“Southern Cookin' in the Midwest”
Review of Cozzy Corner

Cozzy Corner
Ranked #41 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: American
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Southern Cookin' in the Midwest”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband absolutely glows when he walks in this place. He told me the other day that it's the best Southern cooking he has ever tasted and this place is an asset to the Valley. Any time we are looking to go out to eat or order in he wants to head here. I have tried the catfish and the hush puppies - both are excellent - but I'm not as big of a fan as he is. So this review is for my husband who would give it 10 stars if he could! Go Cozzy Corner!! You're rockin' Appleton!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank MrsLing

Wisconsin
“Great Chicken.... Terrible Pork”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I was really hoping this was going to be the diamond in the rough based on previous reviews, however it was a mixed bag of really good and really bad. The chicken was excellent, both fried and smoked; very tender with good flavor, however nobody in our party got a breast. It was all dark meat. I was the only one to order the pulled pork and ribs, thankfully. The pork was tender but had zero flavor, as if it was boiled. Very disappointing. The ribs were down right terrible. It's as if they had been cooked earlier in the week and reheated. They were an unappetizing gray color with no visible smoke ring, and the flavor was nonexistent as well. It took a good amount of effort to get the meat off the bone. I love bbq, own an egg and smoke ribs, pork and chicken several times a month. I've also had some of the best bbq in the country in my travels. Cozzy Corner was let down in the bbq category. The service was good, and the place is family owned and run. So in short... Go for the chicken, but don't expect much with the pork....

1 Thank flip_wilson
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Good food and new friends”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Cozzy Corner is one of those little local places you will love instantly. By the time you are done eating you will have new friends among the owners and other customers.
Special likes is the smokey bacon bar b que sauce and the fried chicken.
My son has tried catfish in 6 states and says Cozzy's Cajun catfish is the best.

1 Thank MichiganTransplant63
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Little piece of the south in Wisconsin”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Being from the south, I love this restaurant. Fabulous food. Great hush puppies and the sausage I had was incredible. I just wish they had a beer/wine license.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank lindatoby4111
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Reminds me of the diner's I've visited down south...”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I stumbled upon this place while looking for something casual to eat around 730pm downtown. they are open until 9pm most nights. The restaurant is very clean and well-decorated. It has a nice friendly feel and was full with a large party and a few other tables. It's typical of southern bbq that everything is cooked for the day and they were out of wings which didn't bother me since we came so late in the day and I was torn between 2 choices anyway.

I ordered the 2 meat plate with ribs and fried chicken, mac and cheese and cole slaw. Soda is bottled but they have sweet tea, lemonade, and a number of flavors of self-serve kool-aid which is fun. My husband ordered the sausage, corn and bbq beans. I loved everything! The fried chicken is amazing and the bbq sauce is the right amount of sweet for me. The corn bread and other sides were great too. My husband thought the sausage was a little bland and his baked beans were basically like Bush's baked beans but he thought it was pretty good.

The service was a little slow to order b/c they were serving a large party but 2 people came over and explained this to us and it was not too long to be uncomfortable. Our bill was $26 for 2 sodas and our 2 entrees. The service after we ordered was good.

Will be a repeat to try more things on the menu.

• Visited June 2014