“Totally Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Wisconsin
“Totally Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Table of 6 had mix of overdone and rubbery scallops, raw salmon, questionable sides (lobster sauce with NO lobster). Two diners had very same dish but were brought different vegetables. I don't know how people are saying this is anything like "big city" dining - recently went to NYC and had superior dining experience for less money than this.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lauravh85

Racine, WI
“SUPERB!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

One word describes the meal I had at Fortino's. That word is SUPERB. A friend and i went on July 31 and arrived at around 5:30pm. We were immediately seated at a window table. The service was prompt and friendly. I ordered the Grouper A La Florentine. It was topped with Dungeness crab, Spinach, Bechamel and Gremolata. The fish was perfectly prepared and the sauce had just the correct amount of kick. I had the mac and cheese for my starch and it came as spaghetti noodles with a light cheese sauce. It was very very good. the vegetables that accompanied our meal was a mix of grilled onions, tomatoes, broccoli and yellow squash(?). The tomatoes and onions were excellent. My friend's meal was the Seared Tuna with Lobster sauce. He said it was great. The desserts were also very good, with portions that were not overpowering. Overall this was an excellent meal at the right price.

Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
“Best Dining Experience in Appleton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I'm extremely surprised by the mixed reviews. This place exceeded my expectations in food quality, service and presentation. I kept having to look out the window to remind myself I was in Appleton. The experience reminded me of bistros in San Francisco, Chicago and elsewhere. It was a great meal, attentive but not intrusive service and less than half the price that the same meal would have cost in a large city. If you're looking for an upscale meal of reasonable portions with fresh ingredients prepared with attention to detail, this is the place.

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Will NOT go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were excited to try this place, but were extremely disappointed. We actually had great customer service unlike the other reviewers, but it did not make up for the food. We chose the 5 course tasting menu. Presentation was poor-sloppy and different portion sizes for my boyfriend and I. Neither of which was enough food for either of us (we had to order a pizza later that night). Taste was "good"-not anything SUPER delicious. We live nearby and were hoping to have a new restaurant that we loved. I am sad to say we will not being going back. If you can afford to spend this much money or are celebrating something special-go to Hinterland instead in Green Bay.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Appleton, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stopped by for lunch, and was super-surprised at the quiet & attentive service, along with a wonderful meal! This is the way a meal should be!