“Delicious food, good service”

Mi Casa Mexican Grill
Ranked #22 of 370 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Delicious food, good service”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went to Mi Casa because it's listed as no.1 in restaurants in Appleton and we have never been. The things which stood out to me as impressive were by far the food and service. First we are served chips and three different sauces, one is a delicious salsa, one is green and hot and tasty and two are of this yummy orange colored chicken filled sauce. It was nice they left all the sauces and chips on the table even when the meal came. I didn't know what to drink, the waiter brought me a hibiscus infused margarita sample which was amazing. I got one. I ordered the Chicken Mole and my date got the Alambres Fajitas, a unique platter of grilled steak strips, chicken and bacon topped with cheese over a bed of onions. It was steaming with smoke when it arrived. He was very impressed with the dish. I've had many sorts of mole. This was original and good. The service was very good as well. I want to go back again and try more dishes.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank jasila

“Wonderful food and hospitality!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were in Appleton and relied on Trip Advisor to find a restaurant! We were very pleased! Give it a try, you will LOVE it!

Visited April 2013
“Excellent Mexican, great new location.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Welcome to their new location. The patio is now open for dinning enjoyment. Mike and Maria always welcome you as friends, old or first time patrons. The variety of dishes is over forty with the daily specials always changing. The mole sauce is a family recipe and has a myriad of ingredient. We were there on Cico de Mayo, as expected, busy, but the service was still very attentive. Even our finicky six year old found something for dinner.

Visited May 2013
UP of Michigan
“WOW”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is not your average Mexican restaurant. We enjoyed an absolutely unbelievable lunch, very reasonably priced, especially for the quality of the food. This is not your typical, melted cheddar cheese over everything Mexican restaurant. It was hard to pick on the menu- we ended up getting the specials- my husband got a brisket torta, I got a poblano and chicken burrito with exquisite flavor (never thought I'd be using the word "exquisite" to describe Mexican food- yummy, maybe.) Our 1 year old chowed down beans, rice, brisket, and poblano peppers like there was no tomorrow-- so he obviously was a fan also. The owners obviously have so much pride in what they are doing. The place isn't fancy-- it's in a storefront, but was quite clean. If I lived anywhere near Appleton I'd be at this restaurant at least once a week, it was that good.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Snowcountrymichigan
Dubuque, IA
“Best Mexican in Fox Valley!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My family has visited many Mexican restaurants in Appleton and Oshkosh and we went to Mi Casa for the first time tonight -- it was terrific!! I got a combo platter that was beautifully presented and delicious, and my husband ordered a pork dish that was to die for. The flavors were much more complex than your typical Mexican restaurant, the restaurant itself was very clean, our food came quickly and I can't wait to go back again! I have a feeling this is one of those places where everything on the menu is amazing!

• Visited May 2013