“I can't really explain it..”

Mi Casa Mexican Grill
Ranked #17 of 387 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had lunch there and I can't stop raving about how good it was. It's a little smaller restaurant but I don't go to stare at the walls, I go for the food! The service is not slow at all, and everyone in the restaurant is super friendly. The owner is kind and generous as well. I have no complaints except that I wish They could have more seating inside!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I love good Mexican food. I understand there are many versions but no matter the type, you know when the food is good and when it's not. This place is definitely good. They have 2 salsas...a red that is mild but tasty and a spicier green salsa that provides a definite but tasty kick. I ordered the Camerones al Mojo de Ajo which was excellent. The pico de gallo was a nice touch and the rice and beans that came with it very good. I had the meal with a Pacifico beer, one of several Mexican beers available (they also have a very nice wine selection and until their liquor license is approved, there are margarita's made with either wine or beer...but didn't have one although they sounded good.) They also had a fantastic flan. Not too big and not too small...just right in my opinion. The owners and I talked about other dishes on the menu and he brought a taste of the mole out. It was some of the best mole I've ever tasted...a symphony of spices that created a wonderful sauce. I will definitely try the chicken with mole (which was accidentally left off the menu...just ask for it as they have it) the next time I go back...and I'm definitely going back. Thanks for the great meal, Mi Casa!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I were impressed from the moment we walked into Mi Casa. The atmosphere was warm and intimate, and the restaurant was decorated very tastefully. We were seated immediately, and our server promptly brought us chips along with very fresh, tasty salsa. Our main courses came out from the kitchen piping hot and FAST! And the food...oh, the food! We have searched high and low for delicious, authentic Mexican cuisine in the Fox Valley, and we have finally found it! Our main courses were plated attractively without being pretentious, and the flavors were just amazing. My husband ordered Michael's Tacos, and the owner stopped by our table as we were finishing our meal and took the time to chat and explain how Michael's Tacos came about. All in all, we were just so pleased with our experience at Mi Casa...truly outstanding in every way. We will be back again and again!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This unpretentious Grill is easily overlooked, wedged as it is on south Memorial Drive between a Computer service shop and a basement repair place. However, that is a terrible shame because it has some of the best food in the Fox Cities area. The red sauce served with the tortilla chips has some cilantro in it but little else, the green sauce has more hot pepper flavor. I would bet there is a 'real' sauce you could get for the asking if you were more adventurous. Once we began our meals in earnest, all such concerns quickly disappeared. I had the Pollo Jalisco which was flavorful, generous and welcome to my palate. My wife had the Tampequena which she declared as delicious. For dessert she had the Flan. I should mention that my wife enjoys flan, creme caramel and such desserts and has had them wherever we have traveled. This one she pronounced "Superb!" just right and generously served. Apparently, they only have a wine/ beer liquor license because no "Margarita" were available. Still, if the food is your thing, this is the place in Appleton to seek out and find.

1  Thank appecruzer
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Waited patiently for this restaurant to open and it was worth the wait! No liquor license yet but soon. Greeted very warmly and was offered assistance in elaborating details on their broad menu. So pleasantly surprised. I will even go further and say outstanding! Layers and depth of flavor is what I call authentic Mexican. Recipes refined to perfection! This is a place who knows what their doing and have a good startup plan. I will be supporting their business for a very long time. You must try the Chicken fajita burrito-sauces are amazing!

1  Thank Tigersam97