“Great stay!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Appleton B&B and Inns
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great stay!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband & I stayed here the night before going to a Packer game two weekends ago. I found out about The Roost through Trip Advisor reviews. I was happy to find that it lived up to the good reviews online. The owners are very hospitable. I thought the location was great for getting to Lambeau the next day. There are also many bars & restaurants to choose from that are all about 10 minutes away or less, so we were able to find things to do the night before the game. Then we came back and relaxed in our quaint and comfortable room and watched one of the DVD's that were made available. The next morning our breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed chatting with the other couples there. It was a great, relaxing night away from home. I would stay again & definitely would also recommend it to friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Wales, WI
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Life seems to go by too fast when you are enjoying the finer things in life, and the Roost is definitely a B&B to book more time to enjoy the experience. My husband and I stayed in the Bella Suite and it was so relaxing. The "Oh, so soothing!" bath would've been the first place I would've wanted to suspend time. The sound system in the room allowed you to enjoy music from all around by controlling each area. Loved that! The floor to vaulted ceiling fireplace was the warm masterpiece of the room. It was the little enjoyments that completed the experience, the fine chocolates, the triple chocolate chip fresh baked cookies and the personal note for our innkeepers. You treasure the time of your stay when you have innkeepers who serve you with golden hearts! Amazing breakfast and delightful conversation! Thank you Tom & Aimee. We'll be back, even if it's a drive through for that wonderful spiced tea!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed there this past weekend for the packers game. It was our first experience with a B&B and I believe we are now spoiled. I don't know how anywhere else can top this experience. The Bella Suite is to die for. After the freezing Packer game, coming back to a warm jacuzzi and then laying down with the fire going.... Pure bliss! Can't wait to come back. Oh, and the breakfast is super delicious!!!!!

-Cindy and Corey

• Stayed December 2012
Onalaska, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I were traveling to Appleton for the first time to attend our first Packer's game. We have never stayed in a Bed and Breakfast before but thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try the experience and see if we like it. We have stayed in numerous hotels all over the United States and we both love to travel.

The atmosphere at The Roost was extremely warm and welcoming! When we arrived we found the gorgeous home settled in a nice quiet neighborhood. Tom and Aimee were absolutely excellent hosts! We were greeted with a glass of wine and Tom went into great detail about the breakfast menu that was put together for the following day. The apple french toast was out of this world! Tom and Aimee had a lot of recommendations for places to go for dinner and a drink the night of our stay.

We stayed in the Sage Suite which had a large queen size bed and a great bathroom with a nice jacuzzi tub and a fire place. It was extemely comfortable and very relaxing. Everything was very clean!

Thank you Tom and Aimee for everything! We had an amazing first experience with a bed and breakfast and will be staying at B&B's in the future!!! We hope to visit you again on our next trip to Lambeau!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I wanted to surprise my wife with a bucket list vacation of hers. She is a big Green Bay Packers fan, but we live in Kansas City, MO., and she had never made it to Lambeau Field before. So, once the game tickets were ordered it was time to find a place to stay.

We love the B&B atmosphere, so off to TripAdvisor for reviews. I came across The Roost and after the other glowing reviews, I made the selection. I am (My wife too after she found out) very impressed and love this place. Tom and Aimee make everything amazing, even treating you with a glass of wine if that is your thing.

We stayed in the Bella Suite, a great private wing of the home. We had a walk-in closet, huge bath with whirlpool tub, double sink and a fireplace by the queen size bed. There is also a TV and DVD player if you want.

We were both asked what time we wanted breakfast and because of the Bella Suite, we had the option to eat in our room, we LOVED that! The food was absolutely amazing every morning. Not to heavy, but enough that you could go to dinner forgetting about lunch. Tom is an amazing chef!

Appleton is the perfect distance to anything in the Fox Cities area and only about 30 minutes from Lambeau Field, more on gameday just FYI. Appleton is a very cute town, very good atmosphere. My wife and I would both highly recommend The Roost and we will return here if we're lucky enough to make another vacation trip up north!

Room Tip: I accidentally clicked fitness center and swimming pool and it would not uncheck, The Roost doesn...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodbridge
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have been to over sixty B&B's in this country as well as overseas. Somewhat surprisingly, we found one of our very favorites right in Appleton, WI. I should say "And why not?" Nice town, located near Green Bay. Ran into several Packer fans at the B&B, all friendly folks. The owners are delightful, and a real treat to converse with.
The B&B is spotlessly clean, organized and laid out very nicely. They have a beautiful yard that invites a stroll in the garden areas, with a knock-out gazebo ! We have rarely had a room that had both a fireplace AND a jacuzzi in-room (just a nice touch). We also liked that this is not a real old, creaky Victorian (although they can be nice as well, of course) but a relatively new home with beautiful stone architecture- sort of Tuscan/country Italian. The place is located on a quiet side street in a community. Now, a few reviews stated, very incorrectly, that "You won't get a hot breakfast here!" NOT TRUE. Quite the contrary, Tom fixed a magnificent "signature" dish that we will not soon forget...OMG! Pastry, ham, cheese for a melt-in-the-mouth experience (Can we come back soon?!) Fresh fruit dish with a lot of side dishes. Honestly, it was an experience that just came together perfectly. We had already researched restaurants in the area for a great dinner and Tom spoke about all of the best options. This couple is quite aware of all the sites around Appleton and Green Bay.
My wife and I heartily recommend this gem.

Room Tip: We were able to see each and every room on a "tour" by Tom, the owner. Every room looked...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank foodfan57VA
Toronto
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My partner and i stayed in the sage room after a long weekend of visiting his family for the first time. After spending a lovely time with his family we were ready for some time together as I was flying home and he was leaving for a short trip to California. What a treat!!! Amy and Tom were great hosts. They take the time to really listen to you and figure out just what you need. They have mastered the delicate balance of being welcoming and warm without being intrusive. I highly recommend this beautiful B&B. The room was beautiful, large and well appointed. I am not a breakfast person but i was converted in Appleton at the Roost!! Delicious, fresh and generous. We'll be going back. Hugs to my partner for his great choice and thanks to Tom and Amy for helping make my first trip to Wisconsin so happily memorable...

Room Tip: The Sage room is great. Ask if you can borrow a kettle if you like a hot drink late at night.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple