“Nice Property in the Heart of Appleton”
Review of CopperLeaf Hotel

CopperLeaf Hotel
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed December 29, 2010

This is a very nice boutique hotel centrally located in downtown Appleton. The rooms are very comfortable nice, clean and nicely furnished. Good fitness center. Complimentary breakfast with standard self-service fare. Biggest issue was thin walls - loud neighbors interrupted sleep twice during the night. Shower water pressure average. Staff not particularly friendly, but adequate / professional. Value was good - would likely return, but try for a quieter area of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2011

Thank you for your review. Feedback from our guests is essential in helping my team and I improve and make visits for our future guests pleasant and memorable.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed most of the amenities of the hotel however, was sorry to learn of you disappointment regarding “noise”. Please accept my apologies. Generally speaking, noise from other rooms or guests isn’t a problem considering the majority of our guests are single business men and women during the week and couples staying for romantic getaways on the weekend. However, like any hotel, we are exposed to the possibility of disruption from guests who simply may be disrespectful and become unreasonably loud. If a situation like that develops at our hotel, or any hotel, please call the front desk so that we can make the effort to get the situation under control. I can surely understand your disappointment considering you were awaken from your sleep.

I appreciate you noting the staff was professional yet did not meet your expectation of friendliness. This is not typical of the level of freindliness regularly provided by our team. However, I will surely share your comments with my team members to make them aware of your experience. Our desire is to at least meet our guests' expectations and we will continue work toward that goal.

Reviewed October 26, 2010

I stayed here for a wedding in October 2010. We had heard good things about it and ended up not being impressed at all. We tried to order room service the first night - called at 9:55 and they wouldn't take our order because they closed at 10:00. I didn't push it because I didn't want saliva in my food. The next morning we went down to the continental breakfast. I was expecting something nicer..... it just seemed cheap. We went upstairs thinking of ordering breakfast to the room.... not a surprise that no room service until the afternoon.

Save your money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alwaysevol000
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2010

Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay at the Copperleaf. My team and I strive to continuously provide personalized service and comfortable, elegant accommodations as our goal is to earn your loyalty as a return customer. I am sorry to learn we did not meet your expectations during your visit and regret this experience has tainted your impression of the CopperLeaf and my team.

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties encountered with room service. The hotel's room service is provided by the Black & Tan Grille. The Black & Tan is operated by management other than the hotel’s however, we work very closely with them and have forwarded your comments to the restaurant manager. The level of service and quality of product from both the hotel and the restaurant are reflective of each other. This being the case, both the management of the Black & Tan Grille and the CopperLeaf Hotel want to be sure we are putting forth every effort to exceed our mutual guests’ expectations. In an effort to prevent a reoccurrence of this disservice, I have asked that they maintain their hours of service as outlined in the hotel’s guest service directory. Thank you for your feedback and allowing me the opportunity to discuss this with our business partner.

I also noted your comment regarding the daily complimentary hot breakfast buffet. I am always interested in any suggestions from our guests that would identify specifically what they might like to see on our breakfast buffet. The current fare includes scrambled eggs, sausage patties, bacon, breakfast burritos, prepared omeletes and french toast, muffins, Danish, Kringles, fruit breads, bagels, English muffins, apple and orange juice, cereals, cut fruit, whole fruit, yougurt and more. The muffins, fruit breads, Danish and Kringles are all purchased fresh daily from our local Manderfield's bakery. All items are served on china plates with silverware and glassware. I can appreciate that our breakfast offering may not match everyone's taste and desires but we will continue to strive to meet the expectations of the majority of our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stayed at the Copperleaf as a fun one-night getaway. The hotel itself is beautiful, clean, and modern. The room was comfortable and everything was very clean. Even though the hotel was full, we did not hear any noise overnight. The only disappointment was the breakfast. When will hotels finally provide real eggs? For a boutique hotel, I was surprised that breakfast was not any better than any other hotel. Bummer.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to see that, overall, you were happy with your stay at the CopperLeaf. I am sorry the complimentary breakfast buffet did not meet your expectations. I'm not sure I understand the comment about "real" eggs as the scrambled eggs we offer are real eggs. I am going to assume you may have been interested in something like omelets, or eggs made to order. At this time, we don't have the space and operating equipment to accommodate such a request. In the meantime, we will continue to solicit our guests' feedback and work to make our complimentary breakfast buffet an offering that will meet the expectations of the majority of our guests.

Thank you again for your response.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

This is an extremely attractive, safe, comfortable boutique hotel. Have stayed twice visiting son at Lawrence University, and couldn't be more satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I contacted the property the day before my stay & requested a room on a high floor, as I knew street noise might be bad being in downtown. Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted & directed to my room on the top (5th floor) away from the elevator.

The lobby was gorgeous, with detailed craftsman woodwork & light fixtures. It is apparent the property is newer, but has period details that were well executed. There is a bar & two large sitting areas as part of the lobby.

I had a silver king suite which featured a 2 person whirlpool and separate sitting room. The room was clean, with the exception of dust on the baseboards. The bathroom & bed were very clean, which to me is the most important thing. The bed was very comfortable with soft linens.

My only criticism is that the windows did not keep out street noise adequately. I heard people talking loudly on the street just before midnight. Otherwise, the hotel was quiet.

The location is great and parking is CHEAP. $1 to enter, $2 if it's after midnight. Unless you're going in and out multiple times, it is very reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2010

Thank you for writing a review about the Copperleaf! Our customers' feedback is essential in our effort to correct oversights, gain your loyalty and have the opportunity to welcome you back as a return customer!

My team and I are pleased that you, overall, were happy with your stay. Please accept my personal apologies for the dust noticed on the baseboards. This was an unfortuante oversight on the part of my housekeeping team and we will get this resolved. I am pleased the balance of the hotel cleanliness met your expectations. Additionally, I am sorry that some of the downtown activity became a distraction. This surely is not regular activity however, does occur on occassion. One small thing we have done to address those untimely occassions is the addition of "sound soothers" in our rooms. They are small radio units that offer various comforting sounds such as rainfall, ocean waves, bird sounds, etc. that many of our past guests have enjoyed. This might be something to consider using durning a future visit.

Thank you again for your kind words and for staying with us at the Copperleaf! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2010

We were on our way to Door County and b/c of a late start and exhaustion from driving...we decided to stop here. I had done some research online and found a deal on priceline. It was already 10pm when we got there and when I spoke with the person at the desk (don't want to mention their name in case this could get the person in trouble... but this staff member was SUPER), they honored the price I found online. Obviously they weren't too busy!

This hotel has a prime location in downtown Appleton and isn't too far from the highway. I can't say Appleton is a major sightseeing city, but there were some bars/restaurants and a free trolley that gives you a trip around the damn and downtown (yes...so exciting, I know). They did have a framers market the next day which offered a great variety of products, including beautiful and reasonably priced flower bouquets and an abundance of deep fried food items...yup, no kidding.

The rooms are clean, modern, have Aveda products and comfy beds. The only bad thing...the bath towels. They feel horrible...like cheap bath rugs, which was a downer considering how great the quality of everything else was. This is definitely something that needs improvement. There is also free Wifi...should be a staple everywhere now, but its not.

They don't have a pool, but they do have a large hot tub and a spa (including a large array of service offerings for a hefty price, much like Chicago). The have a nice, small gym area, which we didn't get to use.

The free buffet breakfast was decent and included a variety of breakfast items like eggs, muffins, sausage, toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt, tea coffee, etc. I also loved the cookies they have in the afternoon/evening. YUMMMMMM!!!!

We would stay here again if in the area...very nice place!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review about the CopperLeaf! My staff and I are so pleased you located us online and found our hotel to be a great value.

Please accept my sincere apologies that our bath towels did not meet your expectations. We recently replaced the majority of our towels with new. I am sorry that some have "fallen through the cracks" and were not replaced in a timely matter. I will committ to getting this resolved.

I am please that you noticed the cleanliness of the hotel and enjoyed other ammenities such as the Aveda products, the comfort of the beds, complimentary WiFi, complimentary breakfast buffet, the on sight Spa and, above all, the afternoon cookies!! As you noted, our large selection of downtown restaurants and nightlife venues, within walking distance, are wonderful compliments to our hotel. The weekly Saturday morning farmer's market features over 100 booths selling the usual fruits, vegetables and flowers with the addition of crafts and yes, many food selections!

Thank you again for staying with us! My staff and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed August 15, 2010

This is a great small hotel. Even my regular room had a whirlpool, robe, corkscrew, free internet, reading chair with footstool, fancy make-up mirror, lots of pillows , free DVD's, etc.
Wonderful helpful, friendly staff and the best ever free breakfast in an UNCROWDED, comfortable setting. I wish I had a reason to return to Appleton so I could go back to the Copper Leaf. For $129 a night I was living in luxury!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BoHahn

I do remember our communications with each other Doctor. Thank you very much for your kind words. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you as a return guest. Maybe when the next Pyrotechnics Guild Convention returns to Appleton and the Fox Cities. Kind Regards