“Amazing!”
Review of CopperLeaf Hotel

CopperLeaf Hotel
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed August 11, 2010

After looking at various places in the Appleton area we decided to stay at the CopperLeaf, which turned out to be absolutely perfect! We wanted a nice hotel that was not going to be filled with lots of loud kids/party people, and this was definitely the place. From the moment we got to the hotel the staff made us feel very comfortable and relaxed. We stayed in a Whirlpool Suite and it was the perfect size for us. When we walked in there was a nice little sitting area with a desk, TV, sofa, mini fridge, and a granite bar top with microwave. The bedroom area had a nice flat screen TV with DVD player, whirlpool, and huge comfortable bed. The bathroom had Aveda soaps/lotions and a nice walk-in granite shower. For dinner we went to The Black & Tan Grille (in the hotel). Our waitress there was very polite and the food couldn't have been more delicious! We would definitely go to the CopperLeaf again, it is pricier than what we usually pay for a hotel but it was well worth it.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2010

Thank you for writning a review about the CopperLeaf! We are always working to exceed the expectations of our guests which is why your comments are so important to us. I was very pleased to see you enjoyed the many ammenities the CopperLeaf offers its guests. Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of the staff and acknowledging the wonderful dinner you had in the hotel's restaurant, the Black & Tan Grille. Should you ever have reason to return to Appleton, we hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed June 21, 2010

Brought a corporate group of 12 here in May -- everyone was very pleased with the rooms, service, food. Not a single complaint. Nice setup for breakfast in the lobby. We also had a group dinner in the Black & Tan. Excellent food and service. Most of all would like to point out the responsiveness of the hotel management. Everyone I encountered went above and beyond anytime we had a request, Jackie Kroll is an outstanding manager, everything gets done lightning fast and behind the scenes, she is one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of working with. All at the front desk will step up to take care of all requests, packages, taxis, maps for car rental drivers, bar service needed -- the housekeeping dept acts in tandem with the mgmt team (Camille especially), treating the guests as well as if you were in their own home. Kudos to hotel manager Dan Schetter who really knows his business! Thank you all very much and hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2010

First let me say, that this hotel is literally less than one mile from our home. That being said, we went for a night of peace and relaxation. Copperleaf delivered. Big Time.

We stayed in a Platinum Suite. The hotel did an AMAZING job with the layout of the rooms, and have packed them with all the amenities you could imagine, and then some. The platinum suite included a jacuzzi tub, large shower, granite vanity, HUGE make-up mirror, Aveda toiletries, Fireplace (for looks only, no heat), large armoire, Ipod Dock, honor bar well stocked with plenty of mixers and alcohol (Bacardi, Tanqueray, Malibu, Johnnie Walker Red, Korbel, Red Wine), Coffee maker, 2 flat screen LCD TV's, Pull out sofa, writing desk and complimentary WiFi. Room Service was also available from the Black & Tan Restaurant which is located on the first floor.

We did not expect much from the complimentary breakfast, but were again, pleasantly surprised. They had 6 flavors of brewed coffee, equally as many flavors of Tazo bagged teas, skim and whole milk, fresh whole fruit and fresh cut fruit, variety of muffins and pastries, omelettes, hard boiled eggs, bagels, breads, french toast, juices, yogurts, hot and cold cereals. Certainly there was something for everyone.

One thing I really wanted to comment on was the soundproofing in this hotel. Most rooms have jacuzzi tubs, and we could not hear anyone elses running during our stay. We also stayed on a Friday night, and could not hear any street/traffic noise from The Ave despite being on the 2nd floor. There was also a very strong storm that blew through that night, and we could not hear the thunder or the strong winds. It was wonderful. Overall, we could not ask for anything more, and will return again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2009

From the moment I called the hotel to make the reservation, till I was dropped off at the airport for my departure, it was smooth sailing. The van was waiting at the curb as I exited the airport even though my flight arrived early. The van drivers to and from the airport were courteous and helpful. The front desk staff said hello each time I passed by - not being used to this, it took me a while to realize this was just how they operated and to respond in kind.

The room was very comfy w/ mini fridge, desk, big comfy bed, bathrobes in the closet (I love this!), a big chair w/ ottoman, and very clean. There was a view of the building directly across the street, but I was not there for a view. Also, the tub would be a problem for older/less able folks as it was a deep jacuzzi tub. Perhaps they have rooms with a normal tub, I don't know. Oh, and there is FREE wifi in the entire hotel - something that every hotel should be providing in this day and age and I appreciate greatly.

I used the exercise room, it was very spacious with a good selection of equipment. The breakfast was your average continental, nothing to write home about but adequate with comfortable seating.

The bar was a comfortable place for a solo traveler to eat, which I did one evening. The location is right on the main drag, and directly across the street from the other downtown hotel where my conference was located.

Should I return to Appleton, I would make sure to return to the CopperLeaf!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My wife and I and 4 other couples stayed 2 weekend nights at the end of May. We were there for a wedding and the hotel was recommended by the brides' family.

The rooms were clean and spacious. Service was impeccable from the front desk to the cleaning staff. The concierge even gave us some great recommendations for restaurants. There was a light breakfast fare with coffee and juices, eggs and pastries.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling thru central Wisconsin or even attending Green Bay games.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2009

I stayed at the Copperleaf with 3 friends. The service was above and beyond. The beds were the highlight of the room, fluffy and nicely made (no cheesy bedspreads here). The breakfast has a good variety for a continental breakfast. They don't have a pool, but the whirlpool is huge and open 24 hours! It is peaceful and all the hotspots are right downtown for the daytime artsy types, or the nighttime party-goers. College Ave has a lot to offer withiin walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Copperleaf for three nights. Our son lives in Appleton and we have usually stayed out at the Mall area of town. We had a completely different vision of Appleton by staying at the Copperleaf downtown. The hotel is fabulous with a friendly staff. We shopped and ate downtown on College Ave. There is a great shoe store near the hotel and several good restaurants. On Saturday morning we saw alot of people headed East on College Ave. and we followed them to the most wonderful Farmers Market I have ever been too. It had all kinds of fresh food, cheeses and art.
We really enjoyed out stay at the Copperleaf and loved the downtown location- much better than the mall area.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple