“Great place for couples”
Review of CopperLeaf Hotel

CopperLeaf Hotel
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

we stayed there for Valentine's night. they're hot tub is open 24 /7. they had a good variety of food for breakfast. unfortunately their restaurant is closed right now which was not a big deal for us. would return there again. bathroom toiletries were upper end.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed another night at The Copper Leaf. The room was exceptionally clean and well appointed. Disappointed again that there is no restaurant but for me it's not a deal breaker. The staff is very helpful and friendly and you can't beat the location. This is my first pick anytime I'm staying in Appleton, especially if my plans bring me downtown.

I also indulged in a massage at their spa which also was very good. Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Deb J, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Your wonderful comments about our boutique hotel and our staff are very much appreciated...thank you! I was extremely happy to learn that we are your first choice for accommodations when you are in the Appleton area. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to your next stay with us.
I am happy to let you know that we are actively searching for a new restaurant option. We truly realize how important an on-site restaurant is to many of our guests, and therefore, it is important to us. We are evaluating our options and hope to have a decision very soon.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Take care,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The room was very clean and well-appointed. TV's were decent and the shower head was high enough for tall people (always a plus!). Robes provided in addition to towels were also a nice plus. However, the lack of room service is a serious problem for a hotel aiming to be at the upper end of the scale. The feather pillows were almost useless - they need to offer foam. There is a parking garage next door that is only $2 per entrance.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Being a frequent business traveler, I see countless hotel properties. That being said, unfortunatley I do not typically write reviews since my schedule simply does not allow it. This property deserves a review, since it has endless potential. The quality of the rooms and amenities were very satisfying along with exceedingly curteous staff. They also offer a convenient shuttle service to and from the local airport. However, when I book a property of this caliber, I absolutely expect to have room service options and a restaurant available. During a snow storm (Wisconsin has many) who is inclined to venture out into the elements for a meal? After a long flight and few options for a quality meal along the way, I consistently take my work into the dining room or order in room service. The confusing part here was that Copperleaf Hotel "had" a restaurant open at one time. The front desk staff unfortunately did not inform myslef or any other guests checking in that the restaurant had closed, first mistake. Second, they then informed me that breakfast was served in Bella Vita, the 'closed" restaurant. Does this make any sense? When told that breakfast is served in your "dining room", one would assume that you have a restaurant, correct? This is not the case. There are also signs for the restaurant, and even coasters in the bar with the logo on them. Bottom line: if you are searching for answers, always go talk to your bartender. While enjoying a locally brewed draft beer I was informed that that restaurant closed in August of 2013, and they were searching for a new tenant to occupy the space as soon as possible, in a very apologetic manner. To remedy the situation, I was given the names and menus of several establishments that delivered, but was not interested in that option. A few select restaurants were recommended close in proximity to the Copperleaf, and he even called to make a reservation to ensure they were open during the inclimate weather. After a taxi service was recommended and called for me as well, I was beyond impressed. The unfortunate part, was by that time the lobby was filling with guests and delivery food. Pizza, wings and chinese slowly covered most of the tabletops. The entire first floor now had an aroma nothing short of overwhelming. My dinner was superb, as promised. I would have truly enjoyed a single malt scotch for a nightcap at the bar, but I avoided the lobby since even more guests and food had arrived while I was out. I retired to my room which was impeccably clean, quiet and very comfortable. In the morning, breakfast was acceptable, being that it was included. I would have preffered full service, even at my own cost. I would still recommend this property to anyone looking for high end amenities and spacious rooms in a great location. Had it not been for my above average experience in the bar, I would not consider returning. Beforing booking again, I will be calling to see if the Copperleaf has a restaurant open. In the meantime, the front desk staff needs to inform their guests otherwise so they can plan accordingly.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The Copperleaf is a delightful little hotel that is well positioned but it has one major problem: no food. Ok so you can get breakfast but that is it. If you want a snack with a beer after work you can’t get one. Forget dinner. The problem is that they closed their restaurant and so have no facilities. This is a pity really because it really is a nice little hotel.

There seem to plenty of other options in town and on my next trip I will definitely try one of those.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The ambiance of this hotel is fantastic. The beds are like nothing one would ever experience. I would live in one. Overall, the place is really wonderful for a couple, and I wouldn't hesitate to give it a thumbs up. If you want a king bed. I didn't know before I booked a room (my fault) that the 2-bed rooms have double beds, not queens. Not used to that in a high-end hotel. My only other big complaint is that the thermostat did not seem to be working. The room was so hot, we ended up sleeping on top of the sheets. The rest of my family, staying in other rooms, complained of the same. Some minor complaints. There was no DVD player. Although there was coffee available at all times, I had to ask for decaf in the evening and after breakfast. The quality and selection of breakfast food was marginal at best.

Room Tip: Make sure the thermostat is working.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda B
Deb J, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our boutique hotel. I certainly appreciate your wonderful comments about our beds. We do get many favorable comments about the beds and our upgraded linens. I am glad you really enjoyed them!
I was disappointed to learn that you had problems with the heating/cooling unit in your room. We do have maintenance staff on duty to address any issues like this and I am sorry that we were not aware of the situation so we could have corrected it and made your stay more enjoyable. The staff is trained to correct issues of this nature that do occasionally come up in any hotel.
We do try to offer a wide variety of breakfast items for our guests that include cold and hot items. We include several gourmet coffees, three dry cereals with two options of milk, two juice options, bagels, muffins, danish, bread for toasting, a specialty bread, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal with dried fruit and nuts for toppings, fresh whole fruit as well as cut fruit, scrambled eggs with salsa and cheeses for topping, a meat like bacon, sausage or ham, and a potato offering in addition to pancakes. We will look into how we could improve in this area.
Thank you again for your review. I hope we will get an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Downtown Appleton at it's best. Walk right out the door and College Avenue is right there, you are in the center walking distance from everything, bars, restaurants, the Performing Arts Center, or shopping. We stayed for New Year's Eve festivities and walked from place to place enjoying music, food, and beverages.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Deb J, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Thank you for your very complimentary evaluation of our boutique hotel. We certainly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with others that may find your review helpful. I was happy to hear that your New Year's Eve celebration in downtown Appleton was enjoyable. We are conveniently located within walking distance of many great restaurants, shops, the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center and Appleton's nightlife. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay in the downtown district.

I hope you will stay with us again if you need overnight accommodations in the Appleton area.

Thank you for staying with us!

Take care,