“Great Option for a Stay in Appleton”
Review of CopperLeaf Hotel

CopperLeaf Hotel
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Appleton
San Mateo, CA
“Great Option for a Stay in Appleton”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Copperleaf while visiting Lawrence University (parents with kids getting ready for college: pay attention to Lawrence!!!) We spent only one night and my daughter wasn't feeling well. The room was extremely comfortable and we ordered room service which brought very prompt and delicious meals. Breakfast in the morning had a nice variety and good coffee. I would agree with a recent reviewer that "boutique hotel" was perhaps not very descriptive. But the Copperleaf is not a "chain" and has a more homey and individual feel than the big name hotels. I'd definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have windows that look directly onto the adjacent sidewalk. That said, the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Virginia54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've tried to stay here a few times in my travels through Appleton - finally got a room - Platinum Suite. The hotel is smack in the middle of dowtown - directly across the street from the Radisson. However, unlike the Radisson, this hotel is very well appointed and upkept. The rooms are large with nice flat screens and a good working wireless system throughout the hotel. There's a nice lounge on the first floor and a nice hot breakfast included with your stay.
Parking is convenient if you know where to go. The only inconvenience I had during my stay
was their HVAC system. Apparently they have gone "green" and the AC remains off until you enter the room. Not a big deal unless it's 90 degrees outside and when you walk in to the room it's hot. I called the front desk and they can disable this so, if it's very warm the day you arrive, call early and have them crank up the air for you! With that said - the AC works great and if you want it at 66 - it will get you to 66. Great beds too.

Super friendly staff. I didn't use the SPA but I did enjoy the restaurant which is a seperate review.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was traveling through and had to stay in Appleton for one night. Preferring a downtown location, I found the Copperleaf Hotel, which was a welcome alternative to a chain. My room was very pleasant, clean, and well-appointed. A plus was free wi-fi and a good (free) breakfast in the morning. I walked through the downtown at night, but ended up at the hotel's in-house restaurant. It, too, was very good. Overall, the stay was very enjoyable, and I highly recommend the Copperleaf. Parking isn't free, but is only $2 every time you enter the adjacent ramp. Since I entered only once, it was a bargain.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Chicago
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My stay at the CopperLeaf force me for the first time to question, and Google, what IS a boutique hotel? One defining sentence I liked was “ …properties that are noticeably different in look and feel from branded hotels”. There it is for me, the CopperLeaf is a nice hotel for business travelers, but no different than a hotel for business travelers. More, “..warmth and intimacy are key words in the architecture and design of boutiques hotels”. The lobby furniture is mid-level and the adjacent breakfast bar looks and feels like what you find in lodging next to industrial parks or interchanges. The CopperLeaf branded themselves as boutique. One last quote, “Senator, you’re no Jack Kennedy.”

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HelloJoeOne
, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property. We certainly appreciate your feedback and your individual perspective regarding our hotel.
The Copperleaf is modeled after small, family owned and operated European hotels. We are independently owned and operated and our size allows us the opportunity to offer personalized service and gracious hospitality to our guests. The furnishings and amenities in our 73 guest rooms are more reflective of a gracious residence than a typical hotel guest room, like Italian sheets, down comforters and Aveda guest room amenities to name a few. In addition, we offer room service, a full complimentary breakfast buffet, an on-site Spa, fitness area, full service lobby bar featuring over 75 wines, and our award winning Italian Bella Vita Ristorante. We hope all of these amenities and our personalized service set us apart from the branded hotels.
Thank you again for your comments. Sincerely, Deb Johnson, General Manager
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Fabulous boutique hotel a gem in Appleton compared to staying at a chain hotel across the street or in Kimberly. Nice walking distance to dining, coffee, around town. Great local coffee shop nearby. Great amenities and truly a "rich" experience all the way around and not for "rich" prices. Will be back on business soon to stay again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return!

Deb Johnson
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had never stayed at Copperleaf and was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms are spotless, beds are comfortable and the atmosphere is delightful. We had a couple of drinks in the bar and had a marvelous time chatting with the bartender and others staying in the hotel. Plenty of towels, pillows and cozy bedding. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Needed to stay in Appleton for a week. Rather than a chain, I chose this boutique hotel which was warm and cozy. The hotel is decorated with rich woods with a bit of an arts and crafts motif. The rooms are quiet; I stayed in a platinum room which was quite spacious and comfortable. The staff is helpful and friendly. In the hotel is a nice bar with excellent pub fare. There is also a decent Italian restaurant on the premises, but Cena down the street has better quality entrees. The on site spa is fair; not run by the hotel.

Also, hotel uses green cleaning supplies and is environmentally friendly about not changing sheets and towels except on request.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing College Avenue
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Deb J, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your week stay in Appleton. I am happy that our hotel worked out for your needs. I appreciate all of your feedback regarding your visit and I will share your staff comments with my team. I hope that we may have an opportunitey to serve you again in the future.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Deb Johnson