“***PLEASE READ***”

Candlewood Suites Appleton
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Appleton
“***PLEASE READ***”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed here a few times in 2012 and each time was satisfying. Restaurants and mall within 10 minutes or less. Staff members are attentive, down to earth, and respectful. Afterall, you treat others how you'd like to be treated. I've traveled and stayed in enough hotels to gain knowledge of the different types of hotels and their ammenties (people need to do their research and understand hotels have different owners, which means it's not going to be the same everywhere). And this hotel is convenient; simple and clean. Also, with a kitchenette (because it's an extended stay type, including complimentary popcorn, coffee, tea, and utensils), it's very accommodating. If it's slow, feel free to ask for an upgrade. Not guranteed but it's okay to ask. The suites are spacious with a large table—thankful for when you have a lot of paperwork and what not. I know of high volume hotels that are in bad shape and still expect a guest to pay $130+? Bogus! I have my standards, but Candlewood is one to make me humble. Downfalls would be how they don't offer complimentary items, say if one forgets their toothbrush; however, there is a gift shop on site. Also, I'd say it's more for business stays—no pool/hot tub. But there is a fitness room. I believe there is a laundry facility and it may be of no charge. I know I've been to one Candlewood and they didn't charge, which is nice. One thing, as a traveler, tip. Someone else is cleaning up after you. Even though I had to wake up early in the morning to get to work, I had 15 seconds to at least grab my used towels and throw them in the tub—as a thank you for making my stay comfortable. Never complain if it's unnecessary. If you're ever unsure if you want to stay somewhere once you've arrived, ask for a tour. Or unsatisfied, don't hesitate to speak up. Let's be realistic here, you know a bad worker when you see them. But I've grown to recognize and build relationships with hotel staff and they're oridnary people just like us catering to our needs. I hope this review helped and goodluck in finding a hotel that best suits your needs! Don't forget to enroll as a member. It's free and who wouldn't want to accumlate points for spending their own money?

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank chi0628
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Appleton, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you! Your review about your stay at Candlewood Suites Appleton was very nice. You really went into detail about your stays and our team and the hotel in general. I appreciate the time you took to do this. If there is anything you need during your stays please do not hesitate on asking.

With Hospitality,

Julie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
minnesota
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We recently stayed 4 nights at the Candlewood Suites in Appleton, Wisconsin. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They have a little "store" and give you $4 "scrip" to spend there on the honor system. All the food items are the same price as a grocery store and perfect for the microwave or stovetop. Kitchen has plenty of pans, dishes, etc. We had wanted a place where we could make all our breakfasts and maybe a small lunch if necessary. This was perfect for that. Our first impression of the suite was its cleanliness. The suite was a little more compact than we expected but such a value. Beds a little better than okay but the pillows were GREAT. We spent most of our time visiting family so were not in the room until evening. It is walking distance to a dozen great restaurants if you wish to eat out and actually, if nice weather, it is walking distance to the Fox River Mall. We really loved this charming little motor inn. And again, the staff was so friendly and accommodating. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tonnatraveler
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Appleton, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review on your stay with us at Candlewood Suites in Appleton. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return! We were also happy to see you enjoyed our Candlewood Cupboard stocked full of goodies. And yes we are in walking distance to several places for good shopping and good food! Thank you! Julie Putzer
Draper, Utah
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Don't forget that your room will not be made up each day. The woman at the front desk was very nice! The hotel is basic and not too expensive for a place to stay not too far away for a Green Bay game. Go Pack Go!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dunn45
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Appleton, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for the review. Yes we only have housekeeping once every seven days for the guest privacy and to have keep our rates low here at Candlewood Suites. Keep in mind if you should need any fresh linens during your stay you can get them at the front desk. Once again Thank you! Julie Putzer
Marquette, Michigan
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now & love it. It is a extended stay hotel so the rooms have full size fridges and microwaves in the rooms, which is nice even when staying for just one night. The location is very close to shopping and restaurants. Beds are very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again when traveling to Appleton!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank becky233
, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Appleton, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Good morning,

Thank you so much for the kind review about your stay with us here at Candlewood Suites. We look forward to your next trip and if there is anything we can do for you please let us know. Once again Thank you!

Julie Putzer
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My original stay was for 4 nights, which turned into 5 due to a flight delay. More on that later.
EVERYONE at this hotel was so friendly, so helpful and service-oriented! From the 1st greeting at arrival, to every pass of the front desk in and out, to the maint. guys, the housekeepers and the Gen. Mgr. (I forgot to write her a letter after my stay...)
The only reason I have given 4 stars instead of 5 has nothing to do with the staff or cleanliness, it is due to the age of the hotel. At least my room seemed a bit dated and worn. No matter, it was super clean!
I checked out and went to the airport and was bumped from my flight. NO flights for me until the following day. Not a happy moment for me. I called the wonderful night audit/desk clerk person immediately (knowing they were booked up) and asked him if he could pretend I hadn't checked out yet and could I please "come home"? He laughed and said he would take care of it. Cabbed it right back (very early AM mind you), breezed right through and back to "my" room! I have had this happen at other hotels in the past and received more of a "too bad so sad, no rooms available...." comment. Thanks Candlewood! Saved my sanity. I will be back when I need a long term stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Toes58
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Appleton, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. I am glad your stay at Candlewood Suites was a delight. I appreciate the kinds words on the staff, we all take pride in our hotel and in our guests. We want you to feel at home. Thank you once again and we look forward to your next stay!

Julie Putzer
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I had learned that the Candlesweet Suites was one of a few motels that would let you pay to use their pool. I called to verify what I had learned, and yes, we could pay and use the pool I had two grandchildren to entertain for an afternoon. My granddaughter is on a swim team and this allowed her to get her practice time in for the day. The price was reasonable, the pool was clean, and it served our needs.
I have stayed in a Candlewood Suite before and loved it. They provide excellent service and accommodations.

Room Tip: Arrive early and request the room you desire, away from wedding/reunion noises, if possible. Being...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Good day, I wanted to thank for the review, but I think this may be for some other place as we do not have a pool here at Candlewood Suites in Appleton Wi. Should you be in the area and you do not need a pool please stay with us. You will be pleasantly surprised. Thank you, Julie Putzer
Chicago vicinity
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Our usual Appleton motel was booked so I decided to try this Candlewood Suites based on the strength of theTrip Advisor comments. We were very pleased with the choice.

The hotel staff was great, friendlier and more pro-active than most business class hotels I've stayed at. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and everything in the room worked. The weekend rate was a real bargin and the pet fee is typical ($15). My only complaint about this property was the slow wi-fi. While we underused them on this trip, we really liked the fact that the room had a small kitchenette and that the hotel has a 24 hour snack shop. I'll keep that in mind the next time I need to stay someplace for several days.

The location is close to the airport, the Interstate, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank BigTool
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Appleton, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites, we also thank you for your comments. We look forward to having you stay in the future. We are very dog friendly, my dog Mollie is here today, she has been visiting since she was a puppy. Thank you! Julie Putzer