I have stayed here a few times in 2012 and each time was satisfying. Restaurants and mall within 10 minutes or less. Staff members are attentive, down to earth, and respectful. Afterall, you treat others how you'd like to be treated. I've traveled and stayed in enough hotels to gain knowledge of the different types of hotels and their ammenties (people need to do their research and understand hotels have different owners, which means it's not going to be the same everywhere). And this hotel is convenient; simple and clean. Also, with a kitchenette (because it's an extended stay type, including complimentary popcorn, coffee, tea, and utensils), it's very accommodating. If it's slow, feel free to ask for an upgrade. Not guranteed but it's okay to ask. The suites are spacious with a large table—thankful for when you have a lot of paperwork and what not. I know of high volume hotels that are in bad shape and still expect a guest to pay $130+? Bogus! I have my standards, but Candlewood is one to make me humble. Downfalls would be how they don't offer complimentary items, say if one forgets their toothbrush; however, there is a gift shop on site. Also, I'd say it's more for business stays—no pool/hot tub. But there is a fitness room. I believe there is a laundry facility and it may be of no charge. I know I've been to one Candlewood and they didn't charge, which is nice. One thing, as a traveler, tip. Someone else is cleaning up after you. Even though I had to wake up early in the morning to get to work, I had 15 seconds to at least grab my used towels and throw them in the tub—as a thank you for making my stay comfortable. Never complain if it's unnecessary. If you're ever unsure if you want to stay somewhere once you've arrived, ask for a tour. Or unsatisfied, don't hesitate to speak up. Let's be realistic here, you know a bad worker when you see them. But I've grown to recognize and build relationships with hotel staff and they're oridnary people just like us catering to our needs. I hope this review helped and goodluck in finding a hotel that best suits your needs! Don't forget to enroll as a member. It's free and who wouldn't want to accumlate points for spending their own money?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Appleton offers a full kitchen in each room as well as complimentary wireless internet, a large fitness center, business center, complimentary laundry services, conference rooms and much more. New carpet in all guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Candlewood Suites Appleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Appleton Hotel Appleton
- Candlewood Appleton
- Appleton Candlewood Suites