“Good food”

Cuisines: Thai
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Good food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not sure what is so special about the chicken wings. Fried rice was excellent. Very good service. Atmosphere is lousy. Nice people. Would try again.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Skibby1

Hortonville, Wisconsin
“Appearances can be deceiving”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've passed Mai's Deli so many times. It's just a little white building near the corner of College and S. Memorial...right across the railroad tracks. Someone told us they had great spring rolls. They do...and more! Their specials that day (Sat. Dec. 8) were a pork noodle soup and pumpkin/squash curry with rice. I had the squash curry. It arrived steaming hot, aromatic of curried squash with a side mound of rice. You can have your choice of meat with this; I had them add chicken in the curried mix. This was the most awesome tasting item I have had anywhere! My DH had the pork noodle soup and he raved with every mouthful. Both of our bowls were huge! I asked for a container to take mine home. It was great for lunch the next day. I think the price per item was $7.95 and well worth the price.

Our appetizers were the spring rolls and crab rangoon. Both very tasty. I think they use Phyllo dough for their spring rolls. Soooo crispy! They also have stuffed chicken wings. They looked good and we plan on getting appetizer take-out orders from there soon to share with family the next Packer game.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Charlie59973
Appleton, Wisconsin
“A Must try”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I love love love this place! Very friendly staff. Reasonable prices. Great food! What a great asset to the downtown!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Kelly C
Menasha, Wisconsin
“The best every time”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Where to start...fresh veggie spring rolls are insane. The stuffed chicken wings are like none other, must get both spicy and sweet sauce. I love the green curry with chicken. The pho is great. Seriously a very good restaurant. Don't mind the appearance on outside or inside this is a gem.

1 Thank BlutoDave
appleton, wi
“Be sure to stop here when you're in town!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Mai's deli is one of my favorite restaurants in Appleton. They are a family owned business that started out by selling Mai's delicious chicken wings at the Saturday Farmer's markets and eventually opened a restaurant. It has a small but cozy seating area. The yummy chicken wings are stuffed with vermicelli noodles and grilled. The egg rolls have the thinnest and crispiest wraps. The spring rolls are fresh and delicious and the thai iced tea are some of my favorite items on the menu. Whether you are vegetarian, gluten free or just plain carnivorous, you will love Mai's deli. Lately I have been getting the combination platter that comes with a heap of fried rice, 1 chicken wing, 2 egg rolls and I substitute the Thai iced tea for the soda for 8.95. I eat the wing and the egg rolls and take the rice home for later. I stop here at least once a week and I highly recommend it!

• Visited October 2012