“Authentic Dishes, Excellent Service.”
Review of Basil Cafe

Basil Cafe
Ranked #9 of 385 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We chose this place for our New Year's Eve dinner with friends for its warm decor, courteous staff, and authentic dishes. I highly recommend the coconut bubble(boba) tea and beef pho. My husband and I tried their lao papaya salad. It was refreshing with just the right amount of heat. Great value and hearty portions. This was our second time at this place...and it won't be our last. We are looking forward to frequenting this place with friends and family, and trying many more dishes.

2  Thank Caligirlsj

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were visiting Lawrence and stopped in here for some pho. Really good, huge portions and a really pleasant spot in an unassuming spot. Christie, our server, was really great and got us extra condiments - really made it an enjoyable lunch!

1  Thank azoomi
Reviewed October 3, 2012

the neighborhood and parking could be better, but inside is very nice, comfy and spacious with a bar and big screen too. we had the spicy lemongrass with tofu and veggies (chinese brocolli was fun) and my wife had the red curry with chicken. staff was very helpful even those are two small kids were fussy. thumbs up!

3  Thank eschuber
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I was first recommend from a coworker. He said it was a great traditional experience with a modern decore. It's can fool you from the outside but once you step in it'll take your words away just like their food. I'm hmong and our cuisine are very similar. The dishes where just like how we make at home and its great to be able to find that in appleton . This place is a must!

1  Thank lindaaxiong
Reviewed September 22, 2012

After returning from our trip to Thailand in February, we found out the restaurant had opened in Early February. Sou and Larry and family have a fantastic Thai, Laotian and Vietnamese restaurant. I have been a regular since March and truly have enjoyed many dishes on their menu. One of my favorites is the Pad Kee Mao (drunken noodles). It is a very flavorful and spicy dish with Sou's special flash charred noodles. Their soups are fantastic! I love their Tom yum calamari. I have taken family, friends and co-workers to dine at Basil Cafe on many occasions and have nade returning customers out of many of them. It is a great first class dining experience I guarantee you will enjoy.

3  Thank Jack H