“Good Food - Great Price”

Galvan's Restaurant
Ranked #97 of 388 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We love this place. Breakfasts always, a good menu, and generous portions. The wait staff are clean, friendly and they hustle. Easy to get to, and I have always enjoyed what I ate there. If you are looking for a good, hearty family menu at reasonable prices, this is the place in Appleton to go.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I had been to Galavan's several times. They are certainly one of my favorite local spots for authentic gyros. I tried the Grecian skillet on my most recent trip. It was excellent! The pancakes I got with the skillet were ok, but I recommend skipping them to save room for all of the sizzling greatness of the entree.

It was busy, but the service was swift and friendly. The prices were also reasonable.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went for breakfast and we both ordered hash browns but I ordered mine extra crispy. They both arrived the same. Coffee was not good. The sourdough toast was very good. Nothing to set this restaurant a part from others and I would not go again.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great breakfast, very large portions. Very busy restaurant. We witnessed 3 tables where the patrons sat forever after their meal and check was given (no hurry to leave). Not the waitress' fault. You would think seeing how busy the restaurant was, they could be more courteous and free up tables! Homemade jelly was great as the food we were served. We thought we hit it at a good time between breakfast and the lunch hour - really didn't matter, it was still busy. A good sign. We would go back if in the area.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have been to Galvan's many times in the past; their breakfast is good and usually not too slow. However, we have been many times for dinner and were unimpressed each time. We decided to give them one more try and we are sorry that we did. We waited about 40 minutes to get our food and we only had simple items that should have taken less than 5 minutes to prepare. It was not really busy either and yet the waitress kept saying how busy they were. The service was very poor and it was extremely slow! And on top of that, when we received our food, it looked like child's portions. We know that we will not be back, even for breakfast. There are other places to go. And it was quite expensive. When they are charging $14.99 for Fajitas, that is terrible!