“still the best”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Best prime rib, consistent for many years, always enjoy the cheese bar before the meal, good service

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have been wanting to try this place for some time. It was worth the wait in every way. When we first walked in I will say I was confused as there was no hostess waiting and there was a packed bar so the bartender was busy with that. We were not waiting long and a hostess did come and was able to seat us immediately (we did have a reservation). We were greeted also by our waitress who was very accommodating to our young son. My wife and I ordered diners that came with the appetizer bar, soup, and salad. This was a lot of food and really filled me up. I ordered the prime rib which was very tasty. I got the french onion soup with my meal, it was missing the cheese that I am used to but it still was good tasting. My wife got the chicken dumplings, I am not a huge fan of dumplings but she said it was good. The salads were nothing special but not to many places include both soup and salad. My wife also got shrimp with a smaller cut of prime rib, they were very fresh tasting as I was able to sneak one off her plate. They had a very light batter and were decent sized shrimp. We also got a bottle of wine that was also very good. When I got the bill I was expecting it to be very higher based on the quality of the food. I would also like to mention that this is a nice place and even with that they still accommodated a young child and even took the time to chat with him even though they were busy. Overall I just can't find any faults in this place as the food and service were all top class.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

George's is everything you would expect in a Wisconsin Supper Club and is consistently good. My last visit there was with a party of 12, celebrating a birthday. We were set up in a separate room with two friendly, efficient waitresses. The salads were fresh, the food was very good( as always) and the service excellent. The prices are very reasonable. I would recommend George's to anyone.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Friends of ours used to go to George's Steakhouse years ago when they lived in Appleton, but hadn't gone for a long time. We get together for dinner every few weeks, and decided to try it. I had never been there before, but had looked at the menu, and it seemed like they had some good choices. Since we are older folks, we all decided to try things from the lighter side menu. I had the sirloin steak, and it was very delicious and tender! The salad was good, although I prefer more of a variety in lettuce, rather than just the iceberg type. Over all, it was quite surprisingly good. The location of the restaurant is nothing to get excited over, but inside, it's a traditional Wisconsin supper club.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Georges is a supper club, meaning they are a independent restaurant in Wisconsin.

The facility has a bar area, coat room, and three separate dining areas. The bar area has live piano music on the weekends.

Before your meal they have a snack bar with cheeses, pastas, vegetables, etc.

Although they have a full menu they are best known for their steaks. Diners include a salad, soup, bread and your entree. The staff is senior, friendly and provide excellent service.