“Outdoor setting exceptional”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had dinner there on Memorial Day. Outdoor setting adjacent to the Fox River, with a nice waterfall feature. Food very good. I had Haddock and my wife a chicken pizza that was drizzled with balsamic vinegar, unique and very good.
Nice way to relax on a beautiful evening in a town a lot of people don't realize how scenic it is.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent burgers. Great place for all ages for lunch by the river. Great views of the river, with outdoor seating. I've seen families, couples, senior citizens, ladies who lunch, business men and women - every type of person you could imagine - big and small groups.

Not a fancy place. The food is good, decent American Fare.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

The restaurant is beautiful. The outdoor seating is nice with a great view of the Fox River. The service is wonderful (attentive, but no hovering).

The only problem is the food. I've been here a few times and ordered several different things. They hit mediocre on a good day!

1  Thank Mary R
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Was there for a second wedding. A beautiful setting by the river. Upon entering the building the doors to the left were open and stacked with what appeared to be junk, not a good impression. The restrooms were awful, only 3 stalls and one was out of order. No diaper changing station so we had to change the kids on the floor. Terrible strawberry vinegarette dressing, 9 of us at our table and asked if any other options she said no. 8 of the 9 salads got taken untouched and I watched them take back a ton of untouched from other tables. The rolls were hard and chewy. I got beef tips and they as others on my table were fatty and there was 4 small pieces of the fatty beef smothered in tons of green peppers mushrooms and onions. Burnt and cold twice baked potatoes and terrible veggies. Needless to say we will not be back as this was the second terrible experience and many others stated the same, huge disapointment!

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We had a party of 12 and had excellent service and food. The fried cheese curds were hot and delicious while my Pullmans tenderloin covered in a blue cheese sauce was cooked to perfection. The prices were reasonable and a good selection of beer. I would recommend the Scottish ale. If you are in Appleton a must try for any age.

Been to Pullmans? Share your experiences!