“Most Pleasant Experience, Extremely Impressed”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Akron, Ohio
“Most Pleasant Experience, Extremely Impressed”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed at the Grand Stay Hotel in Appleton for a business trip in early December. There are many hotels nearby my destination but I chose this hotel based on the overwhelming number of excellent reviews. Upon my late arrival, the staff in the lobby was more than friendly and accomodating. The hotel decor is lovely, the rooms were clean, the breakfast was a little more than expected. Every one of the staff members I came in contact with were extremely friendly. I am overly impressed and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area and will definitely be returning on my next trip out that way.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Katlyn P
Amy S, Guest Relations Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Happy New Year Katlyn,
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the GrandStay Hotel and we are happy you liked the accommodations. Thank you again for taking the time to give us some positive feedback and we would love to see you on your next trip to Appleton.

Every Guest ~ Every Time

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My mom and I stayed on a very very cold Thursday night in December for an overnight Christmas shopping trip in Appleton. The front desk staff was welcoming - we even got a "goodie" bag with coupons and discounts for shopping in the local area. The room was clean, we enjoyed our free drinks and the friendly bartender, met some enjoyable people visiting from North Carolina on business, slept well, enjoyed the breakfast the next day and were on our merry way. It is conveniently close to the mall and restaurants.

We will plan on staying again!!

Happy New Year,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some great feedback! We appreciate you letting us know how we did and we can’t wait to see you on your next shopping trip. Stay Warm!

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I really liked my room and the front desk staff was helpful. Workout room is sub par and the breakfast is OK at best. Whirlpool looked inviting. Location was convenient to airport, mall, and downtown. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon.

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've used the Appleton GrandStay six or seven times, usually at their Sunday Super Saver rate. For me, it is a perfect motel because it provides everything I need. My room has always been clean, the bed is clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly, with a nice breakfast and good coffee. I've stayed at many hotels that were far more expensive and not nearly as nice. I found it humorous that one reviewer said the hotel is not "grand" and then noted that they paid $69. I wonder if that reviewer expected a Ritz-Carlton experience for $69? For me, the GrandStay in Appleton has provided me with a grand stay! It will continue to be my hotel of choice when I visit Appleton.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Amy S, Guest Relations Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Sunday Super Saver,
Thank You very much for the wonderful review and Thanks for letting us know we try to be Grand. Management did raise the price on the Sunday Super Saver but we value your business so I will extend and honor your past rate for another year. I will lock in the rate in your guest history for Sunday Stay's. Stay warm and see you soon.

Troy, MI
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was our second visit to this property. We enjoyed our stay the last time and this time was no exception. The hotel is clean and mostly quiet (noisy children running in the halls can't be dampened). While not a gourmet breakfast, the choices were fine and we left each morning well satisfied. The location is very close to the Fox River Mall. It was a very cold weekend with plenty of snow but the parking lot was well cleared and the walks were salted. As we have family in the area, we will stay there again.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room on the 3rd floor, preferably with an odd number (back side of the hotel avo...

Happy New Year,
Thank you for taking the time to write another review. We appreciate the nice comments regarding our property and staff. The snow has stopped but the cold is now upon us and look forward to your next visit. Stay Warm!

Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This hotel is not grand. It is a typical hotel similar to a Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn. It IS clean, you do get a free breakfast and the price is right (we paid only $69.00). For people like us that travel often and have stayed in some truly great hotels, this is not "grand" and I am a little surprised it has received such unbelievable reviews. Again, not bad for the price just trying to lower your expectations due to the other ballooned reviews. If size does matter to you, then this pool is not going to do it for you. It is the smallest pool I have ever seen. No joke. It does have a hottub which is only slightly smaller than the pool. It was empty, probably not worth getting suited up for. The price is good and it was clean so if you aren't looking for much more this place would be just fine. Appleton is a really fun place to visit. Cleo's is a fun kitschy bar downtown a must do sans children. This hotel is next to the Fox River Mall and has some good shopping and nearby restaurants. Lots of great restaurants downtown as well.

1 Thank Christine C
Amy S, and entire Staff at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Experienced Traveler,
We would like to Thank You for leaving us a review and the compliments about our cleanliness and reasonable rates. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations for a limited service Hotel and our Wellness Pool was not suitable for your size. I am sure a Five Diamond Hotel like the Ritz would be more Grand if that is what your accustomed to and I believe there is one in Chicago?

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My teenage son and I stayed here overnight on a Green Bay Packer weekend. We couldn't have asked for more!

First things first! They made it possible to get into the parking lot! There was heavy snow, wind and cold (perfect Packer conditions!). They had plows running through the lot and it was simple to get parked.

The interior of the hotel is warm and inviting. It had a nice festive atmosphere.

The check-in was painless. The staff was professional, friendly and helpful.

The rooms were some of the very best for the price range. The comfort level for the beds was outstanding. The room was spotless.

Okay, so we had to hit the pool and hot tub! Both were excellent. I'm more of a hot tub kind of guy (it was 15 degrees outside) and my son more of a pool sort of guy. Well, we both had a blast!

The morning breakfast was very good! Plenty of options and well maintained and staffed by attentive people who had fun bantering with the various Packer and Steeler fans preparing to drive up to Green Bay for the game.

Excellent stay here. Definitely will return on my next trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Amy S, Guest Relations Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thanks Partner,
Your review is very appreciated and a special gratitude for writing your great compliments and your wonderful write up about the hotel and staff. Were all so Happy your enjoyed your stay during your recent trip to the Packer Game. You and your son were the brave ones for enduring the cold and snow and we hope to see you again. Wishing you a "Happy New Year" from all of us at the GrandStay Hotel.