“Appleton's finest!”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I decided to take a last minute trip to the Oshkosh Air Show and figured hotels would be raising their prices to an extreme rate. Most of them within the Oshkosh area did indeed do just that, so my wife started to look elsewhere. With Appleton being so close, she started to look in the area and found the Grandstay to be rated one of the highest and was very affordable.

When we arrived, the staff were very pleasant, friendly and Jason, the Sales Manager was very helpful in helping us with some ideas for the best places to grab some delicious grub. He lead us to a place called the Stone Cellar Brew Pub and the food was awesome as was their very own brews. If you plan to visit the region, this is where I would eat and make sure you order their brew flight and sample everything they make!

Back to the hotel... As I mentioned, the staff was great, but it gets better. The rooms were clean, roomy and the beds were comfortable as well which seems to be an issue for other hotels, even those that are far to expensive. More and more places are starting to provide larger complimentary breakfasts that include; eggs, potato of some kind, bacon and/or sausage, waffles, cereals, juices, muffins, etc and the Grandstay was no exception.

We would definitely return to the Grandstay and your next trip to the Appleton Region should include a stay at the Grandstay!

Room Tip: Any room will do!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NicholasSG
Stephanie V, Public Relations Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Nicholas SG,

Thank you so much for telling us about your recent stay! It's great to hear you experienced a wonderful time at the EAA air show, and that we could be a part of it! It's also wonderful to hear that you experienced some of Appleton's numerous wonderful restaurants. There are plenty! It's wonderful that you enjoyed the beds, the breakfast, and all of your service at the hotel. We take a lot of pride in this place, and I will pass along your compliments to our entire staff! We look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future!

There are newer reviews for GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Sure it's a nice hotel for this class, but number one? I don't get it. Common areas and rooms are well maintained but outdated. Room was spacious with microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. Bed was comfortable but, as with most hotels in this class, not very quiet. Outside and inside noises were heard all night. Adequate breakfast. Overall I'd stay here again, but I'd stay at just about any of the hotels around the mall.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lungfruit

Dear Lungfruit,

Thank you for sharing about your recent experience here. It's wonderful that you found the place to be well maintained, and the room spacious. We always strive as a staff to be number one, which is decided by service, location, cleanliness, and value offered. We continue to to shine in these areas, and I'm glad you had a chance to experience us, and would once again return. We definitely hope to see you on your next trip this way! Thanks again!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel has a great location. It's located by the mall, many restaurants, and right around the corner from the eye care center I went to. Although I had a driver with me, they can shuttle people from the eye center and help them to their room. I thought this was a great service offered. We also enjoyed the breakfast. They eggs, sausage, hash browns patties, fresh waffles along with cereal and fruit. They also have a coffee bar available 24-7. The pool was a little on the small side, but we didn't get to enjoy it anyway. The three staff member's that I met were very friendly. I had a problem with my reservation but they worked through the problem quickly and got me a room for the same price during a busy week. After my experience here, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank T_BuckSconsin

Dear T_BuckSconsin,

Thank you for all your wonderful compliments about our property, and for sharing your thoughts with others. It's great to hear you had such a wonderful experience hear during your surgery stay. Hopefully your eyes are doing well! It's excellent to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, location, and our excellent staff! If you are ever coming back this way we'll see you again!!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

For the money, this is the best place I have ever stayed. Beds VERY comfortable. Clean. Wonderful breakfast. Which includes Linda. She is very nice and helpful. VERY CLEAN. Even the maids are super. Made me want to tip and I did. Next to Fox River Mall, Eating and hospitals. This was our 3rd stay there and I would not stay anywhere else in Appleton.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Virginia G

Dear Virginia G,

Thank you for all your wonderful compliments! It's great to hear that you found the place clean, and the location to be great as well. I will pass along your compliments to our wonderful staff. We definitely cannot wait to have you back!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

A recent trip to Appleton GrandStay found a facility with plenty of amenities. The staff was friendly, the rooms were well supplied & comfortable and the 'summer rate' was a pleasant surprise for the quality of the facility. Breakfast was plentiful, the business center & exercise room were very useful and the location was ideal. The only downside was that the bathroom fan sounded like a B-52 landing (maybe because of the proximity to the Oshkosh EAA).

Overall, our experience was very pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a quiet bathroom fan.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Mark S
Stephanie V, Public Relations Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Mark S,

Thanks for telling us about your recent stay! It's great to hear that you found the staff accommodating, the breakfast great, the business center useful, as well as exercise room. It's also great to hear that you found the location ideal. I did happen to love your joke about the EAA show and the fan! We do want them to be more powerful, as it creates more privacy between guests that are sharing that particular room. Again, thank you for all your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our company was hosting a meeting in Appleton with people coming from out of State for the meeting. I was able to speak to a very knowlegable gentleman, Jason Woller, who helped me coordinate rooms for the guests, as well as a conferance room for our meeting. We got rave reviews on the guest rooms: very clean and comfortable. The price for the rooms was outstanding for the ammenaties (a very nice breakfast included in the price) and the staff was very friendly. We will most definatly host another metting with the GrandStay and I will recommend it to anyone who is coming into Appleton and needs a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear E M,

Thank you so much for telling us and all the future guests about your recent experience. It's fantastic to hear that your company had a wonderful meeting and also comfortable accommodations! We will gladly welcome you back anytime, and look forward to seeing more of you in the future!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was my first 'Grandstay' and I loved it! The rooms, elevators, lobby and breakfast areas were cleaner than my house! We were greeted with smiles each time we stopped at the registration desk, too. Linda, the 'breakfast' served up a nice variety of foods and service with a smile. Coffee/tea were available 24/7...Bonus! I'm planning a return trip and might even change my next vacation reservations to GRANDSTAY from a leading chain hotel. Can't say enough good things!

Room Tip: Our choice was sight unseen and lovely. Assume they are all good!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear msgym,

It's wonderful to hear that your first stay was a Grand one! We hope to see you many more times! It's wonderful to hear that you found our breakfast to be great, and the service to be equally as great. I will pass along your compliments to our wonderful staff! We hope to see you again and again when you visit up this way! Thank you!