GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We used the hotel's "park and fly" and it was great. Our flight was very early so the hotel arranged and paid for a taxi since there was not staff available to drive us. The room was very nice and we felt the car was safe in their lot. Upon our return they very quickly came to the airport to pick us up. We left our car 16 days and are convinced the cost of the hotel park and fly was less than what we would have paid at the airport. When flying out of Appleton we will be staying again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank summertraveler12
Stephanie V, Public Relations Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Summertraveler12,

Thank you very much for telling us about your recent stay here at the GrandStay! It is awesome to hear that you had a great Park & Fly experience. It's always nice to know your car is in a safe spot when you return from your vacation. It also is a considerable deal compared to the parking arrangements the airport offers! Again, we are glad you had a positive experience and hope you had a fantastic getaway! We look forward to seeing you again next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our first stay in any GrandStay Hotel. We were impressed with the decor throughout the hotel and the cleanliness of the room, hallways and elevator. The continental breakfast was a complete breakfast with many choices and everything was fresh and neatly presented. Every employee was outstanding in providing us services and we felt very comfortable during our stay. We can't believe the high quality of the facility for such a reasonable fee. We will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Deb533
Stephanie V, Public Relations Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hi Deb!

Thank you for telling us about your recent excellent stay here at the GrandStay! It's awesome to hear that you found the hotel to be very clean, and were impressed with the breakfast spread! We always have a nice variety of hot and cold items to choose from. I will definitely pass along your compliments to our wonderful staff. They always provide the best possible experience to all our guests. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Appleton!
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My co workers and I stayed here on business a few days ago and I couldn't have been more impressed! Not only was there a horrific snow storm when we were here, but the staff (a front desk girl, and manager) helped us shovel our vehicle out, so that we could get to our training session on time. I have never seen derive like that anywhere else. It was as if we were neighbors! Anyway, about the hotel itself; the rooms were comfortable and spacious, the beds were insanely comfortable, the breakfast was more than impressive, the had a little bar that we utilized more than we expected, and the place was clean clean clean! I would like to pass along my groups thanks to Holly, Stephanie, Rosa, and David. We had a wonderful stay and will be back the time around!

Keith

• Stayed January 2013
Stephanie V, Public Relations Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear KCrown04,

It's so nice to hear your business group had such a positive stay here at the GrandStay! I definitely thank you for taking the time out of your day to tell us about it. It is so awesome to hear that our staff went out of their way to help you get your car un-buried from the snow! A shovel and some help can go a long way. Especially with how much snow we've gotten lately! Our staff is always willing to go the extra mile, and that is what makes them stand out as the best! It's great to hear you found the property clean, comfortable, and had a chance to enjoy our breakfast. I will be sure to pass along you wonderful praises to the rest of our staff. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next business trip up this way!
Marinette, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Looks pretty on outside the inside is very clean.Front dek girl Holly it was her first night alone when I checked in. So I was very forgiving if she did not have answers to my Questions...mst she did answer however. After a trip to get ice my room key did not allow me back into the room. So I had to take a hike in my PJ's back downstairs to only be greeted by two young ladies at front desk. I said my key did to work.....not sure why.....they asked if it was by a phone? I answeredIDK but I'm 51 years old and this sort of thing never happened before / by a phone or NOT. The bed is very comply....only drawback is the person in next room behind my headboard snores VERY loud.....and I thought I left my husband home. We shall see if my shuttle is ready to bring me to airport on time! That could be a deal breaker...... Kinda bummed about the experience but while it make make my day a bit exhausting due to lack of sleep...it will not ruin my vacation.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank connieH5834
Stephanie V, Guest Relations Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Connie,

I am so sorry to hear that you had anything less than an amazing stay with us. Unfortunately some cell phones erase rooms keys especially the new iphone 5 from Apple. Also Thanks for being patient with our our new employee's. We think they will be a great asset to our staff and hope you will agree. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you to see where we let you down and how we can make it better. You may reach me at stephanie@appletongrandstay.com or by calling the hotel directly at 920-993-1200. I truly hope to hear from you and Thank you for sharing your experience with us.We look forward to your next stay. Stephanie
Ellenton, Florida
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Wonderful hotel. Rate was very reasonable. Hot complimentary breakfast very good. Staff was helpful and very informative. Only thing that could be changed is allowing drinks and snacks in the pool area. Have never stayed at a hotel before where that was not allowed.
Otherwise we had a very good stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear mom9804,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. It's great to hear that you found the prices reasonable and had a chance to enjoy our wonderful breakfast! We do allow plastic cup drinks or cans in the pool area, but do not allow anything with glass as to maintain a safe pool area for everyone. We choose not to allow food in order to keep the pool area clean for all of our guests that choose to use it. It is always our policy to provide the cleanest atmosphere possible for all of our guests. Again I thank you for your review, and look forward to seeing you on your next trip this way!
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great hotel, very good rates for a sun/mon stay! The staff was very helpful, polite and informative. We felt welcome from the moment we arrived, we enjoyed the quaint lobby bar, and the breakfast bar both days. Can't say enough about the staff, customer service is not a lost art at the grandstay! Marty K.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Marty,
Thanks for telling us about your recent stay! It's great to hear that you found us to have an exceptional staff, breakfast, and lobby bar. I will pass your compliments on to our staff. They do such a great job, and it is great to hear so from our guests! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area!
Perth, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Awesome service for a very caring (and attractive!) staff. They will even even go to your room to help you remember to push the on button on the thermostat ;D I will definitely go back there. Steph you should take your staff out for dinner to show them how much you appreciate their hard work, he he.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Matt,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay here at the GrandStay. It is always so wonderful to hear that our staff is doing such a fine job, and that our guests appreciate it! I will be sure to pass along your praises to them. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to town!