“As good as ever; needs to keep up with wear and tear”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my second stay at the Grandstay, Appleton, and it was every bit as good as the first. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The service is good.

My only concern is that the hotel is starting to look a little lived in, no doubt due to its popularity. I'm marking it down to a four because the wear and tear is beginning to show. I do intend to stay at this hotel again, and would urge the hotel's owners to start making some effort to spruce the place up a bit. I refer in particular to scuffed walls, sticky floors, and stained soft furnishings.

I would also recommend to anyone staying here to book an upper level room. The hotel seems to be constantly busy and rooms around the lobby can hear a lot of comings and goings. There is surely nothing more irritating than being woken up too early by the sound of people wheeling their luggage past your room.

Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are quieter. This is a busy hotel and rooms near the lobby get a lot of noise from...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

DearJHM1964,

It was great to have you back again! Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay! We appreciate the feedback. We are and have been a busy hotel! It is wonderful that it remains still one of the quietest and best sleeps in town! Our hotel is consistently the cleanest and most modern you will find in Appleton. We are constantly updating decor as we go. We strive to be the best in all aspects and we are in the midst of planning some exciting updates! Since we are locally owned, and operated we have the opportunities to do some pretty special things that the big chains cannot, so make sure you stay tuned for what's next! Again we thank you for your continued patronage, and we look forward to seeing more of you in the future!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

My company had about 15 people staying here for several weeks in a row, and everyone has only great things to say about the GrandStay Hotel & Suites of Appleton, Wisconsin! We stayed for a total of 6 weeks.

The layout of the front-desk, lobby, and lobby bar is really well done & provides for a nice open & friendly atmosphere. The rooms are decent size, clean, and the beds are comfy. I especially like the fact that there are six pillows on my bed!

Everything else aside, the staff is what truly makes this place amazing. Stephanie, Alyssa, Katie, and Jason have all been super friendly & have gone out of their way to make us feel welcomed.
They even opened up the breakfast an hour early for us, to accommodate our work schedule.
If I ever had a question about where to dine for the evening, they were sure to have some great places in mind.
In summary, I've truly never stayed anywhere else that was this enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Broch,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the GrandStay! It's great to hear you love our new beds, and especially all the pillows! It's also awesome to hear that you enjoyed the lobby area and size and cleanliness of the rooms. I will pass along all of your wonderful compliments to the staff. They do such a fantastic job of caring for our guests. We hope you get another chance to stay with us again in the future, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel as we usually stick with the Hilton family of hotels. We were pleasantly surprised at the reasonable price, friendly & efficient service, and the location. Room was spacious. I would have given it a five star except that the walls were a touch thin.

1  Thank Stonehouseowner

Hi Stonehouseowner!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay! It's wonderful to hear that you you had given us a try, and had a good experience. Our location and service is second to none! I will pass along your compliments to our staff. The second and third floors tend to be the most quiet. You may always request those floors if they are available. Again thank you, and we hope to see you on your next business trip!

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Grandstay hotel has just become my new favorite. i will be ooking for them when i travel. they are upscale but the minimum for my tastes. great value. This is all i wish to say. Because if i dont meet 200 characters i will just give up.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank proberts5853
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear proberts5853,

Thanks for letting us know about your stay! It's great to hear you'll be keeping us in mind on your future travels. We're glad to have become one of your new favorites!! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit this way!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the Grandstay earlier this year and I drove 15 miles further to stay here again. The staff is great, the rooms clean and spacious and I especially like that they have small refrigerators in each room. Stop by the lobby bar for a drink and free snacks in the evening and say hello to Diane - she's terrific!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experiences at the GrandStay! It's great to hear that you went out of your way to stay with us again! I'm glad you found the refrigerators in the rooms convenient, and all and all the extras in the lobby great as well. Nothing makes business travel better, than some free appetizers and a relaxing drink! I will pass along your praises to Diane as well. She does a wonderful job! We hope to see you again on your next business trip! Have a great holiday season!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I am a platinum member at Marriott but I would chose the GrandStay over Marriott any day. In addition to being a clean hotel with a good breakfast the staff went out above and beyond to meet all our needs.

During my stay, which was over two weeks, I became great friends with the staff and had a very good time while outside of work.

The staff also went to great lengths to make sure we good stay, they even made coffee and packed breakfast for us at 2am before we had to go to work.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hi Joe,

Thanks for such a wonderful review of our property! It's awesome you had such a wonderful experience with the staff. They bend over backwards for all our guests. If anything is ever needed, simply ask! We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay this way!!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is my second stay loved everything about this hotel!! I enjoyed the hot tub and pool. The staff is terrific and very helpful. It is close to everything. The mall is just around the corner from the mall.

Room Tip: I don't think you would get a bad room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Hi Donna!

It was great having you back again on your recent business stay! Even with work, it's goof to hear you found a chance to enjoy the mall and the hot tub. I will definitely pass along your compliments to our staff! Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next business stay!!