“OUTSTANDING, an excellent hotel that makes HI Express & Hampton Hotels look bad!”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Not only are the rooms better, more spacious and more relaxing than any other national chain the people here are much more friendly, helpful and accommodating. They really make you feel like you're special and that you matter.
Superb breakfast and dining area, with an almost catered feel to it. Evenings are equally special with a dining sample from one of many local restaurants in the area. With the beer and wine sold at the bar area you really have no need to go anywhere. (prices are better than going out too)
Whenever I'm in the Appleton area now I am staying here! There's No Question they need to expand into other cities, and do it soon, so we all have a better place to stay!
Thanks especially to David, Jason, Mathilda, Katie, Alyssa, Dianne and the newly hired Stephanie...you all make my visits incredibly special and memorable!! :-)

Room Tip: Room 180 or 182, right by the pool They're all great rooms though
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stays! We are thrilled to hear that we have made your stays special, and were able to deliver superb service. With our lobby bar, great location, and staff we strive to provide all guests with the best hotel experience that they can possibly have! We hope to see you again soon on your next trip this way! Thanks again!!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed three weeks at the GrandStay in September 2012 while on business in the area. I found that the hotel was very comfortable and very quiet, and the staff were all very helpful and friendly. The location is very good, being at the south end of the mall, and convenient to numerous restaurants and fast food outlets.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Paul,

Thanks for all your wonderful praise of our property. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Quiet and Comfortable definitely makes for a wonderful business trip when away from home. I will pass along your praises about our staff to them. They work extra hard to please our guests and it is great to hear how fantastic they are doing. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed our location right by the mall and all the restaurants in the area! The more there is to do, the better a stay can be! We hope to see you on your next trip up this way! Cheers Mate!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have traveled a great deal over the years on business and.......blah....blah....blah.......Oh, you're still listening? I can assure you that the rooms are clean, large and the bed is wonderful.

If you'd like a quick tipple at the downstairs bar before you head out for dinner then be sure to ask for Alyssa, she's quite charming.

Regards, Skipper

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Skipper,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our bar, large rooms, new beds, and cleanliness! I will pass along your praises to our wonderful staff! We hope to see you again on your next trip this way! Cheers!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I am a married female in her 50's but was traveling alone. I felt very safe in this hotel. I was looking for a hotel close to shopping so I could bring my niece and we could go have a day of wandering the mall. This was perfect, mall across the street, restaurants you could walk to, and the beds oh my gosh, so comfortable (no backache when I woke up!). The people who checked me in were friendly and caring. When I was flying out, I stayed here again but this time by myself. I was very comfortable here. Thank you for a great stay, a great bed, and the knowledge that I can come back here and feel safe when I'm by myself.

Room Tip: Traveling by myself, I liked the first floor not far from the front desk.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Connie,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be a safe and comfortable environment. That always makes a stay more enjoyable. There is always plenty to do within walking distance of the hotel and we are glad you had a chance to take advantage of this. We are glad you loved our comfortable beds. They sure make for a great nights sleep! We would love to see you again on your next trip to the area. Take care, and see you soon!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the GrandStay Suites in Appleton,WI 9-10 Sep for the Packers season opener. I think this is an excellent hotel for the right client. The good - room was clean, beds comfortable and staff very accommodating and friendly. Overall a nice hotel. The good or bad, again depending on the person - top tub was almost as big as the pool (so not as appealing for kids), breakfast had hot waffles, but not a lot more (coffee was good though) - staff was committed to making sure everything was stocked, rooms adequate but on large, and bathrooms small. Now the interesting - business center was excellent, good computers and printers - but when I went to print boarding passes and computer doesn't clear history or cache as at other locations, so beware. Also, hotel has a center vacuum system - I've never seen this before (just an observation). So my opinion is an excellent hotel for couples or business travelers. Would I stay here again, yes. Is it worth the additional money over other hotels, it depends. Also, Appleton is only 27 miles from Green Bay and all freeway -easy access.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Travelramble,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your stay following the Packer game. We are glad to hear that you found the beds comfortable and our staff to be friendly. That is always good to hear. Our fitness pool is designed mostly for families with smaller children, or as a place for adults to cool off after enjoying our over sized whirlpool. Our computers in our business center are designed to clear all cache daily or upon reset. This is recommended following use if you would like the information cleared. I'm concerned you only had a chance to try the homemade waffles in our breakfast area. We do offer sausage, bacon, eggs, hash browns, fresh fruit, cereal, danishes, muffins, etc. every day. We hope you get a chance to stay again, and have a chance to try more! We thank you again for staying with us on your trip, and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Not only are the beds super comfortable, the bedding is fresh and soft. The rooms are extremely sound-proof too. Hotel staff was very courteous and friendly. Everything was very clean, from the floors to the ceilings - a rare find these days. The breakfast was great. An EXCELLENT value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmyUpperPeninsula_MI
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Amy,

Great bed, bedding, and sound proof rooms...sounds like you must have had a great nights sleep! That is great to hear! We are thrilled to hear you found our staff to be courteous. They are some of the best around. We are also glad you appreciated the cleanliness. It is always one of our top priorities here. I know we offer the best possible stay for the best value in town, and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of it! We hope to see you again on your next stay to the area! Thanks again!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Grandstay in Appleton during the Air convention in July this year. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Housekeeping staff extremely accommodating and I would like to mention Sherry for her friendly smile each morning at breakfast. She presented breakfast and made sure guests were looked after from the moment you arrived in the breakfast area. Reception staff very unobtrusive but always very helpful. I understand this is a business hotel and everything one would require is right on hand. Thanks to Les in maintenance for helping me out. There is a mall within walking distance and lots of places to eat within walking distance. Thanks again everyone. Would not hesitate to stay should I be visiting the States next year. Jean Mc Dowall.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Jean,

Thank you for choosing us during this past year's EAA Airshow! It is definitely an exciting time of year. We were glad you enjoyed your stay here with us, and I will pass along your compliments to our wonderful staff members! We are delighted that you found our location to be a great one during your stay, and we hope to see you the next time you make it over to the states! Cheers and thanks!