“Safe for a Single Female & Fun”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I am a married female in her 50's but was traveling alone. I felt very safe in this hotel. I was looking for a hotel close to shopping so I could bring my niece and we could go have a day of wandering the mall. This was perfect, mall across the street, restaurants you could walk to, and the beds oh my gosh, so comfortable (no backache when I woke up!). The people who checked me in were friendly and caring. When I was flying out, I stayed here again but this time by myself. I was very comfortable here. Thank you for a great stay, a great bed, and the knowledge that I can come back here and feel safe when I'm by myself.

Room Tip: Traveling by myself, I liked the first floor not far from the front desk.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Connie,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be a safe and comfortable environment. That always makes a stay more enjoyable. There is always plenty to do within walking distance of the hotel and we are glad you had a chance to take advantage of this. We are glad you loved our comfortable beds. They sure make for a great nights sleep! We would love to see you again on your next trip to the area. Take care, and see you soon!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the GrandStay Suites in Appleton,WI 9-10 Sep for the Packers season opener. I think this is an excellent hotel for the right client. The good - room was clean, beds comfortable and staff very accommodating and friendly. Overall a nice hotel. The good or bad, again depending on the person - top tub was almost as big as the pool (so not as appealing for kids), breakfast had hot waffles, but not a lot more (coffee was good though) - staff was committed to making sure everything was stocked, rooms adequate but on large, and bathrooms small. Now the interesting - business center was excellent, good computers and printers - but when I went to print boarding passes and computer doesn't clear history or cache as at other locations, so beware. Also, hotel has a center vacuum system - I've never seen this before (just an observation). So my opinion is an excellent hotel for couples or business travelers. Would I stay here again, yes. Is it worth the additional money over other hotels, it depends. Also, Appleton is only 27 miles from Green Bay and all freeway -easy access.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Travelramble,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your stay following the Packer game. We are glad to hear that you found the beds comfortable and our staff to be friendly. That is always good to hear. Our fitness pool is designed mostly for families with smaller children, or as a place for adults to cool off after enjoying our over sized whirlpool. Our computers in our business center are designed to clear all cache daily or upon reset. This is recommended following use if you would like the information cleared. I'm concerned you only had a chance to try the homemade waffles in our breakfast area. We do offer sausage, bacon, eggs, hash browns, fresh fruit, cereal, danishes, muffins, etc. every day. We hope you get a chance to stay again, and have a chance to try more! We thank you again for staying with us on your trip, and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Not only are the beds super comfortable, the bedding is fresh and soft. The rooms are extremely sound-proof too. Hotel staff was very courteous and friendly. Everything was very clean, from the floors to the ceilings - a rare find these days. The breakfast was great. An EXCELLENT value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmyUpperPeninsula_MI
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Amy,

Great bed, bedding, and sound proof rooms...sounds like you must have had a great nights sleep! That is great to hear! We are thrilled to hear you found our staff to be courteous. They are some of the best around. We are also glad you appreciated the cleanliness. It is always one of our top priorities here. I know we offer the best possible stay for the best value in town, and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of it! We hope to see you again on your next stay to the area! Thanks again!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Grandstay in Appleton during the Air convention in July this year. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Housekeeping staff extremely accommodating and I would like to mention Sherry for her friendly smile each morning at breakfast. She presented breakfast and made sure guests were looked after from the moment you arrived in the breakfast area. Reception staff very unobtrusive but always very helpful. I understand this is a business hotel and everything one would require is right on hand. Thanks to Les in maintenance for helping me out. There is a mall within walking distance and lots of places to eat within walking distance. Thanks again everyone. Would not hesitate to stay should I be visiting the States next year. Jean Mc Dowall.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Jean,

Thank you for choosing us during this past year's EAA Airshow! It is definitely an exciting time of year. We were glad you enjoyed your stay here with us, and I will pass along your compliments to our wonderful staff members! We are delighted that you found our location to be a great one during your stay, and we hope to see you the next time you make it over to the states! Cheers and thanks!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Retired to Nashville, but return toAppleton area several times a year to visit family/friends. This hotel has everything....great breakfast, savy and professional staff, location (near the mall and access to highway),very clean and comfortable beds. I'd recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Quieter away from elevator and on third floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Barbara,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay here with us! We are glad you found the location, comfortable beds, and the breakfast fantastic. Our staff strives hard for total guest satisfaction, and I will pass along your compliments to them. We hope you had a wonderful time while here visiting friends, and we hope to see you again soon! Safe Travels!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is an old Wingate Hotel converted to Grandstay suites. Right off US 41 and near the Appleton airport/fox River Mall it's in a good location. rooms are well equipped and there is a pool and small exercise room. Staff is friendly. Cash bar at nights appeals the the wisconsin tradition of beer as a vital food group. Beds must be from the previous hotel as they are not too comfortable and probably need to be replaced soon.

my only suggestion is that many folks leave very early to make 0600 flights (me included) at the airport and other competitor hotels (ie Fairfield 100 yards away) have goodie breakfast bags to go which is a very nice touch.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank WaupacaTraveller
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you Waupaca Traveler! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback about our property. The hotel definitely has a prime location to the HWY, Mall, and the Airport. We recently had new Serta Perfect Sleeper beds put in and have received raving reviews about how comfortable they are. We do start our Free Hot Breakfast nice and early for business travelers who need to be on the road. Many economy hotels like the Fairfield offer a bagged breakfast and our staff would gladly get you a to go bag with some easy to go items if you need to be on the road earlier and can't take advantage of the full breakfast. Just let the am desk attendant know. We do offer complimentary "after work" appetizers and daily drink specials, a combination everyone else in the area does not have, which many of our guests love about the hotel. Again we thank you for your stay and your review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were at the GrandStay Hotel over night on 8/19/12 for our first stay. The hotel was spotless throughout with new decor. The front office was friendly, rooms were spacious and beds were extra comfortable. Everything was new and up to date. Mini refrig/micro/and bath and body products to use in the bathroom was a bonus. The breakfast bar/buffet was outstanding....The hotel was secure and just around the corner from the mall. We will be sure to stay again on our next shopping excursion to Appleton.

The Mattson Family
Upper Peninsula MI.

Room Tip: Reasonable rates/well worth a visit
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mattson19
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you so much Mattson family for your wonderful review of our property! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure I pass along your compliments to our wonderful weekend staff that always is friendly and makes travel feel like home. We are also glad you found all of our extra amenities to be a bonus! The property is truly a great one for shopping excursions as our location to the Fox River Mall is absolutely perfect! We hope to have you travel south and see us again the next time the shopping bug hits! Thanks again!