“Clean, comfortable and convenient”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
chicago
“Clean, comfortable and convenient”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Location is great, right next to the Fox Valley mall and close to the highway. Lots of good places to eat near by. Staff was very friendly, bed was comfortable, room was clean. Free breakfast buffet was OK, convenient when you're in a hurry as I was. I was slightly disappointed that my room was right next to the lobby as it was a bit noisy, but that really was no big deal seeing how tired I was. Also, the "system was down" in the morning so I couldn't get a receipt. If this was in any other town besides Appleton I would have been worried, but I'm sure it will be fine. Great place for business travelers or even families, romantic-not so much. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thanks for all of you kind words. I will pass along your compliments to our staff. I'm glad you appreciated all of your service and cleanliness on such a busy weekend! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Green Bay, Virginia
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This is a really wonderful place to stay! The location is excellent; it is close to the Appleton airport (ATW), the Fox River Mall, and many fabulous restaurants. The room key features a 20% discount for Bennigan's, which is just across the street. We ate there before we checked in (darn) and the food was very good!

The hotel has a pool and jacuzzi. The pool is very small, but there were members of a basketball team swimming while we were there, and we still had plenty of space.

The hotel offers a full, hot breakfast. The coffee (Victor Allen) was fabulous!

Another great feature is a lobby bar complete with laptop access points. Very cool!

This is truly a wonderful place for a weekend retreat or business stay. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and spacious. In addition, the staff was courteous and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for your compliments about the hotel! It is great to hear that your family had a great stay. I will pass along your compliments to our cleaning staff and front desk staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
Kewaunee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 14, 2012

The Grandstay Hotel & Suites is an awesome hotel. It is an excellent get away for two. We were very impressed. Some of the things we enjoyed most about our stay include:
Yummy free breakfast
Comfortable beds and clean rooms
Kind and outgoing staff
Nice clean pool
Close to events and shopping
Close to restaurants
Business center to keep up on email and other work related matters
Thank you Grandstay Hotel & Suites! We will definitely visit you again soon!
Cheers!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you for your kind words! We are glad that we able to provide a romantic atmosphere for you and your significant other. I will make sure I pass along your gratitude to our entire staff and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks!
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I am a frequent buisness traveler who stays at many hotel properties. This place tops the charts. Very modern and state of the art technologies. Very clean hotel. Excellent location. Close to the airport with free shuttle. Close to mall and restaurants. All walking distance. Very safe area. Well lit in the evening. Comfy beds with great linens. Nice flat screen TV. Breakfasts are very good and again, a thumbs up. The gym is well equipped and very clean. I appreciate the great buisness center. Very friendly and accomodating staff. I just love this trendy hotel. I will stay here whenever I visit Appleton, WI Evelyn K

Room Tip: I have stayed on both floors. I like the first floor to be close to the buisness center.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We strive to provide a fantastic business atmosphere here. With the airport close by and the mall nearby for something to do, it makes it perfect for business travelers to be able to enjoy themselves. Thanks again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We live about a 5 hour drive from my parents, and Appleton is a good meeting spot for a family weekend visit. We booked two rooms - one for my parents and one for my family of 3. We love the look of this hotel, and we found the rooms to be clean, comfortable, and spacious. My son and father enjoyed the pool. I ran on a treadmill in the fitness room. The equipment was great and the temperature in the gym was just right. The location of this hotel is perfect for those who like to shop and/or eat! Fox River Mall is walking distance from this GrandStay Hotel & Suites. Several of the usual chain restaurants are located in and around the mall, but there are also great locally owned eateries in the area. Breakfast, was a welcomed treat and they had everything you could ever want to eat! We’re coming back!

Room Tip: We have stayed several times over the past year and have never had a bad room yet. As far as i can t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words and we are glad your Family enjoyed their stay! I know how important it can be to have a comfortable place to stay when away from home, and we are thrilled to hear we met your expectations! Hopefully your parents had fun visiting with you here at the hotel and enjoyed the pool! It's a good place to spend time and relax with family, while having plenty to do in the area!! Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon!
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Very Nice Property.
The rooms were the cleanest in any hotel I have ever been in.
The business center was great.
The free breakfast was a notch above the best.
A great hotel to stay for either business or shopping as the mall is only
a block away. Great Great Great Hotel

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mae J
Thanks for your wonderful response! We are glad you found the hotel to be trendy. We put a lot into the hotel in order to make it as modern and up to date as possible for our guests. We were glad you enjoyed the breakfast and business center as well. As new things come out, we will continue to adapt in order to be the trendiest hotel in Appleton! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Lena, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I traveled to Appleton for a recent business meeting. I stayed at the GrandStay while my colleagues stayed at a local competitor. My colleagues were envious when they entered the lobby to pick me up! This facility has been recently updated. The fresh decor and cleanliness is impressive. The staff is extremely friendly and will go out of their way to help make your stay a good one. This hotel is locally owned and operated. The owners are sincere when they strive to exceed your expectations. I will recommend this facility for future business events and weekend stays.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LenaGirl_Lori
GrandStayAppleton, Director of Sales at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to provide an experience that could be envious by your colleagues! We hope to see you again soon!