and 1 more site!
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
Wisconsin
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

No issues at all. We're at Far East end of hotel, little to no noise from hwy41. Perfect location for mall and restaurants. Room is clean, king bed and pillows comfortable, little kitchen very convenient. Our check in clerk was very friendly. Price was right, clean, friendly, can't ask for more. 1 little peeve, very limited tv channels.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Jill - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your positive comments regarding the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel, how comfortable you were during your stay and how great the service was that our staff provided to you. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. Nothing special but quiet enough, bed comfortable, decent pillows and friendly staff. Great walking area for my dog, with pet station. I appreciated that. I was given a handicap room which wasn't a problem but the shower had some water damage issues, but worked fine. I would stay there again. I thought the pet fee was a bit high, but typical.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Liz - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff and convenience of our pet area. As well, I am glad that you liked your clean room and comfortable bed. We are working with maintenance to resolve the shower issues you mentioned and appreciate you bringing that to our attention.

Milwaukee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stopped at the facility for a one night stay Sunday onto Monday (10/06 to 10/07) without a reservation. I had previously searched the web for information on Rates. Normal rates are listed 55.00, 65.00 per night Sunday thru Thursdays. I was expecting an increase in price due to it being a Packer Football Day. However was amazed that the price was more than DOUBLE. I was given a quote of 119.00. for the same room that is 55.00. Did not stay due to what I consider Scalping. Very Poor Business Practice.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Elaine J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Elaine - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you our rates were not in line with your expectations. Please know, our rates are subject to change and are determined based on many factors including events happening in the area. These changes are not made lightly though, and do take into account what other area hotels are charging to ensure we are offering comparable rates for special events.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at app@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Appleton hotels

Pelham, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Nothing fancy at this place, but no complaints either. I stayed here for 9 days and it was comfortable and clean. The laundry facility is easily accessible, there is coffee and granola bars for breakfast. If I return to the area, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of our property. I am pleased to hear that you had an opportunity to enjoy our grab-ad-go breakfast.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Basically this facility is hammered. I blocked out 20 rooms and filled them with families visiting Lawrence University for a football game.The corporate office and manager were very accomodating,however I was embarrassed when I got there. The front desk appears worn out and shamby, however the staff was friendly and well dressed. The hallway smells, walls are all scuffed up and the carpet is very soiled and worn out. The room is huge but uninviting, sparsely decorated and the carpet worn out. The pillows were worn out, the linens were clean, the room was clean, the bathroom was clean but the shower head was poor and the bathroom sink didn't drain. The concept is great but the building was poorly built and this needs a total renovation. In this case the staff appears to doing the best with what they have to work with, which indicates to me poor corporate management and investment in the brand. This reminds me of a motel I stayed in a mining town in northern Canada. Not a complement.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience. I am sorry we failed at that mission. We do appreciate the positive comments you made in regards to our front desk staff and the overall cleanliness of our guest rooms.

We will pass on your additional comments to our corporate office as we use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand and to improve our guest’s experience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve to you in the future. Again, thank you for choosing our hotel and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 920-830-9596.
Menasha, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just wanted to let you know that we stayed at the Extended Stay America in Appleton, WI from July 7 to July 17 and while everybody was very friendly, I especially want to thank Alexis at the front desk. She was very helpful with all of our questions and needs, and always had a beautiful smile on her face, day and night. She definitely made our stay more enjoyable and stress free. Even though this hotel is not a luxury hotel, people like Alexis make us want to stay here again the next time we are in Appleton.

Dennis Nelson

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family camped during Lifest in Oshkosh. I DON'T camp so picked the Extended Stay in Appleton. The staff was very accommodating given check in time wasn't until 3 p.m. and I showed up at 11 a.m.
My room had access to the parking lot where I had to transport quite a bit of stuff. The room was clean and did not have an odor. There were pets in the hotel but my room did not have the normal dander associated with pets and so my allergies were not triggered.
The refrigerator and stove top made things much easier since I was storing and cooking some of the food we ate during the day at the Lifest grounds.
Overall, it was a real haven from the heat and I will be back again whenever I have business in Oshkosh or Appleton.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family