“Nice, inexpensive hotel”

Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Nothing fancy at this place, but no complaints either. I stayed here for 9 days and it was comfortable and clean. The laundry facility is easily accessible, there is coffee and granola bars for breakfast. If I return to the area, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of our property. I am pleased to hear that you had an opportunity to enjoy our grab-ad-go breakfast.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Basically this facility is hammered. I blocked out 20 rooms and filled them with families visiting Lawrence University for a football game.The corporate office and manager were very accomodating,however I was embarrassed when I got there. The front desk appears worn out and shamby, however the staff was friendly and well dressed. The hallway smells, walls are all scuffed up and the carpet is very soiled and worn out. The room is huge but uninviting, sparsely decorated and the carpet worn out. The pillows were worn out, the linens were clean, the room was clean, the bathroom was clean but the shower head was poor and the bathroom sink didn't drain. The concept is great but the building was poorly built and this needs a total renovation. In this case the staff appears to doing the best with what they have to work with, which indicates to me poor corporate management and investment in the brand. This reminds me of a motel I stayed in a mining town in northern Canada. Not a complement.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience. I am sorry we failed at that mission. We do appreciate the positive comments you made in regards to our front desk staff and the overall cleanliness of our guest rooms.

We will pass on your additional comments to our corporate office as we use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand and to improve our guest’s experience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve to you in the future. Again, thank you for choosing our hotel and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 920-830-9596.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just wanted to let you know that we stayed at the Extended Stay America in Appleton, WI from July 7 to July 17 and while everybody was very friendly, I especially want to thank Alexis at the front desk. She was very helpful with all of our questions and needs, and always had a beautiful smile on her face, day and night. She definitely made our stay more enjoyable and stress free. Even though this hotel is not a luxury hotel, people like Alexis make us want to stay here again the next time we are in Appleton.

Dennis Nelson

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family camped during Lifest in Oshkosh. I DON'T camp so picked the Extended Stay in Appleton. The staff was very accommodating given check in time wasn't until 3 p.m. and I showed up at 11 a.m.
My room had access to the parking lot where I had to transport quite a bit of stuff. The room was clean and did not have an odor. There were pets in the hotel but my room did not have the normal dander associated with pets and so my allergies were not triggered.
The refrigerator and stove top made things much easier since I was storing and cooking some of the food we ate during the day at the Lifest grounds.
Overall, it was a real haven from the heat and I will be back again whenever I have business in Oshkosh or Appleton.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Best choice is another hotel. The staff is very rude, I was personally accused by one of the desk staff (Deidre) for doing god knows what, and they couldn't even explain what is was i did. It's ridiculous how they can hire people who do not do a damn thing except use the business phone for personal phone calls. WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN.

Room Tip: Third floor, It's the furthest from the desk staff.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tyler t
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Tyler - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am extremely disheartened to read that our staff was not attentive to your needs. Please know, the members of our staff are there to assist guests 24-hours a day; however, if they are receiving treatment from a guest that might seem disrespectful, they are empowered to remove themselves from the situation. Still, I will be speaking with them about your situation so that it is not repeated moving forward.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Extended Stay America in Appleton, WI. The staff were very friendly. I had called to say I would be a late check in and Rebecca said she would have it ready. It was, As soon as I walked into the door the paperwork was all done and ready to sign. I was very tired so that was a wonderful thing. The room was clean and the carpet looked new. The next morning I saw a lady from housekeeping she greeted me with a smile and ASKED if I needed anything. The was refreshing. The flowers outside the lobby were inviting and the parking lot was clean. I will call again when I go back to the area. Which I do often.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Beth - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great comments about our staff. I really love hearing how upbeat and happy our team was when greeting you. As well, I am so glad you enjoyed your clean room and the overall atmosphere of our hotel.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Yes the internet was very slow, But I had more problems listening to the dogs they allowed. Mostly during the dinner hour, as i was trying to work. The value overrides most of the complaints - they were very accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for our slow internet connection and the noise disturbances you experienced due to dogs barking. To uphold our company's high standards, we are working to improve our WiFi speed and how we handle situations with pets moving forward.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly, at APP@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.