“Very accommodating staff”

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Appleton
Somewhere, Wisconsin
“Very accommodating staff”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I checked online to see if Carlson points could be used the evening of September 21st. At that time, points redemption was available. I was a few thousand points short and went online to purchase the needed points for a nights stay. As the points were not added for a couple days after the purchase, the night became unavailable during that time for points redemption. I emailed Carlson Club and they indicated they could not help me via email but to call the next day. I contacted Customer Service and explained the situation. They took the time to contact the property manager and allowed me to redeem my points for that evening. I was very happy that they were willing to accommodate my request after having spent the extra money purchasing points. When we arrived, I inquired if they were planning on setting up any breakfast items early the next morning as there was a large marathon in town I was participating in and had to leave before the breakfast time of 7a. The front desk Associate indicated they would be setting up some things early but couldn't guarantee every thing would be set out. This was greatly appreciated as I didn't need a full breakfast, just something small to get started. We then did some shopping and came back to use the pool which was nice amenity which included a hot tub. They also have free chocolate chip cookies along with coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the lobby. The rooms are starting to show their age and could use a spruce up but beds and pillows were very comfortable compared to other hotels I have stayed at recently. Rooms have a microwave and small refrigerator. Our room was also very quiet except for some hallway traffic. Had difficulties with room key but housekeeping let us in so we didn't have to run all the way back down to the front desk. When we went downstairs the next morning, the entire breakfast buffet was set up by 6a which was a welcomed sight ahead of my race! Upon arriving back at the hotel, we missed the end of breakfast and they were cleaning up. They did unlock the juice machine for us to grab a drink and allowed us to help ourselves to anything that was left. Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CIS-Appleton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled that we were able to accommodate you during the marathon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Crandon, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Close to mall. Pool is very nice. Rooms could use an update things are starting to show wear. Breakfast was far above average! Loved the granola, berries and yogurt to make parfaits! Staff were really friendly and helpful! It's a popular hotel with lots of people around but it was quiet and we slept very well, comfy beds!

• Stayed September 2013
mrspaco, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are at the begining of a large renovation so you will see major improvements by your next stay.

Thank you again!
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I chose to stay at this Country Inn & Suites because my usual hotel choice was full. I won't make this mistake again. The room was horribly dated. The couch was so old and worn that when I sat on it, I would feel the frame hitting the back of my legs. The TV was small and dated. The toilet malfunctioned and would not flush. The breakfast was adequate, nothing to brag about. Thankfully I only spent one evening there. Unless they go through some major renos, I will not recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am very sorry that you had a bad experience at our property. We are starting a major renovation, hopefully you will try us again soon. I promise you will not be dissapointed. Please contact me so we can discuss further.
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been coming here for the last two and a half years for company business and will stay here for three or four nights every four months. The day crew here are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and neat, and seems that they going to start to refresh or update it a bit. The only thing I really dislike about this place is the night clerk Clint, he is very rude and arrogaunt that talks under his breath about you, he should not be working in a place where he has to interact with the public due to his people skills. He is not friendly not helpful at all and it has been more than a couple of times where he has also treated some of my co-workers in the same fashion. But hopfully you don't have to deal with him and other than him this place is very decent.

Room Tip: Deal with the day crew Clint the night clerk is not friendly everyone else is very attentive.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience, I sincerly apologize for the way you were treated by a member of our staff. As manager of the property I take your comments and feedback seriously, so thank you!
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I chose hotel due to its proximity to mall.

The hotel was clean, everyone friendly.

The breakfast was decent, basic continental plus a couple of hot items, which were varied each day.
Complimentary wifi was fast. Front desk had fruit and cookies.Housekeeping as good, plenty of clean towels. Mini fridge and microwave in room.

Walking distance to plenty of restaurants, chipotle, 5 guys, and also walking distance to Mall.

I had a room at back of hotel, which was quiet, but was facing west, so summer heat radiated on room and it was very hot in afternoon. AC barely kept up, but by sunset the temp was ok. Keep in mind outside it was 95 degrees.

Overall, pleasant, clean, comfortable, functional, friendly staff, great value.

Room Tip: Rooms facing rear are a lot more quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
mrspaco, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our property! We truly appreciate your compliments, and are glad to see you enjoyed your time with us!
Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The room was Great The staff Excelent, The location very nice and the rates Good. But we took our three Grandchildren to swim in the pool and when we checked in the pool was cloosed and stayed that way until the next morning. We got up in the morning ate breakfest which by the way was very nice.we then got dressed to go swimming and we were in the pool about a half hour when the pool man came and told us we had to get out because of yet another problem. And it was closed until after checkout. Thats tough when you have a 5 ,4 and1 year old wanting to swim

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim H
mrspaco, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
I am so sorry for you dissapointing stay! I know what it is like to have dissapointed grandchildren. I believe I sent you information on a return stay. Please contact me directly so we can discuss at (920)830-3240. We appreciate your feedback!
Petersburg, Illinois
Reviewed August 13, 2013

With the Green Bay Packers playing at home, it was cheaper to stay here; folks
were nice, efficient, room was CLEAN and the breakfast very GOOD; Plenty of
space for parking; well-lit. We LIKE Country Inns and a Club Carlson card does
allow for lower pricing options.

Room Tip: Plenty of seating for the free Breakfast; food good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to cheer on the Packers! We are glad you had a great experience and appreciate that you completed a review. Hopefully we will see you again on your next Packer trip!