I checked online to see if Carlson points could be used the evening of September 21st. At that time, points redemption was available. I was a few thousand points short and went online to purchase the needed points for a nights stay. As the points were not added for a couple days after the purchase, the night became unavailable during that time for points redemption. I emailed Carlson Club and they indicated they could not help me via email but to call the next day. I contacted Customer Service and explained the situation. They took the time to contact the property manager and allowed me to redeem my points for that evening. I was very happy that they were willing to accommodate my request after having spent the extra money purchasing points. When we arrived, I inquired if they were planning on setting up any breakfast items early the next morning as there was a large marathon in town I was participating in and had to leave before the breakfast time of 7a. The front desk Associate indicated they would be setting up some things early but couldn't guarantee every thing would be set out. This was greatly appreciated as I didn't need a full breakfast, just something small to get started. We then did some shopping and came back to use the pool which was nice amenity which included a hot tub. They also have free chocolate chip cookies along with coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the lobby. The rooms are starting to show their age and could use a spruce up but beds and pillows were very comfortable compared to other hotels I have stayed at recently. Rooms have a microwave and small refrigerator. Our room was also very quiet except for some hallway traffic. Had difficulties with room key but housekeeping let us in so we didn't have to run all the way back down to the front desk. When we went downstairs the next morning, the entire breakfast buffet was set up by 6a which was a welcomed sight ahead of my race! Upon arriving back at the hotel, we missed the end of breakfast and they were cleaning up. They did unlock the juice machine for us to grab a drink and allowed us to help ourselves to anything that was left. Overall, a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let us spoil you with freshly baked cookies and a free hot breakfast as well as high-speed Internet access and a team who will welcome you like family. At Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Appleton, WI we'll always make you feel right at home. Visit us and see why we'll have you saying, "I love this Country."We are conveniently located behind the Fox River Mall and within walking distance to several restuarants. The Outagamie Airport is located only 5 minutes from our property and your taxi ride is on us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Appleton
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton Hotel Appleton
- Country Inn Appleton
- Appleton Country Inn