Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We were staying here with a group for family graduation parties in town. When we got back to the hotel, we had hoped to have a quick late night bite to eat. We found the breakfast area packed with people. The girls at the front desk went out of their way to make space for our group and we had a nice time! We have stayed here and always found it nicely located and pleasant for a family, but the staff went above and beyond this time!

Room Tip: They wre accommodating with a room near the elevator for my mom so she didn't have to walk the e...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
CIS-Appleton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights during a busy summer weekend. The front desk staff were friendly and offered a free upgrade to a King size suite (we are GoldPoint members), which we accepted. The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The only two things that were concerns in the room was that 1) the cooling system seemed to struggle to keep a regular temperature in the room, and 2) the toilet did not flush very well - had very little pressure - due to the water saver feature on the toilet. At one point we had to ask a housekeeper for a plunger for a plugged toilet. We did not use the indoor pool, but it seemed nice and was busy throughout our stay. The continental breakfast was good, and they kept items stocked well throughout. The location is great as it is right by the Fox River Mall, many shopping plazas and restaurants, right off Hwy 41, and just down the street from downtown Appleton.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HuskerCob
CIS-Appleton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you were recognized as a Club Carlson member and enjoyed the upgraded room and it's comfy bed.

We do apologize for the inconvenience of the low toilet pressure and inconsistent room temperature. I will speak with the maintenance team to ensure these issues have been corrected.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

After reading other reviews I was hesitant to stay there,but since the city of Oshkosh was sold out due to very big venues in town ( RockUSA,LIFEFEST) I was left no option but to stay in Appleton and their rate was very attractive. The personnel went out of their way to help me with every aspect of my needs. I am a disabled traveler and they were always there to help. The front desk clerks went above & beyond. Kudos to Tabitha & Michelle. The room I had was spacious & very clean. The bed was comfortable. If I laid down to watch TV I'd fall asleep in a minute. I recommend the Jacuzzi Suite. It is reasonably priced and very large,plus the bathroom is HUGE! Perfect for a traveler in a wheelchair. It has a roll in shower

Room Tip: I recommend the Jacuzzi Suite. It is reasonably priced and very large,plus the bathroom is HUGE! Per...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank angelbear55

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the Whirlpool Suite and it's large bathroom. Hope you didn't miss out on anything due to the overly comfortable bed!

Thank you for your kind words about the front desk staff members, Tabitha and Michelle. I will be sure to share your comments with both of them.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Good hotel, ideal location for getting around Appleton and shopping.Pool was out of order when we were there, but things happen. (we would not have used it anyway.) Spacious room, comfy enough. Nothing extravagant. I got a discount on rate using points, but would not pay more than $80 or $90 for the room. Basically an average hotel with a great location.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kari K
CIS-Appleton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you found the room to be comfy. We do apologize for the inconvenience of the pool being closed and are working to get it up and running soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We had a lovely stay at the hotel on Christmas and a few days afterward. We found everything to be clean and attractive. No weird smells anywhere. Spacious room and most importantly: cookies at the front desk!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DC-drivin
CIS-Appleton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comments about our clean property and spacious rooms. I'm glad you found the hotel to be a comfortable place to stay over the holidays.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I got this hotel through Hotwire for $106. I think the normal price through the hotel was about $160. I would expect a pretty decent hotel for that price. This hotel was terrible. We only really needed a place to sleep for this trip, so we didn't use any of the amenities, but we did walk around to check them out.

The pool was closed because there was feces in it. I understand this can happen with little kids, but given the condition of this hotel, I wouldn't assume it was fresh.

The elevators up to our room were disgusting. Old and very dated, which is fine with me, but when you have an elevator made of old cheesy brass and glass, at least make sure it's clean because every fingerprint shows up. It looked as if it had never been cleaned.

The room again, very dated. The sink was so cracked I actually checked underneath it to see if it was leaking. We were on the 3rd floor and it took about 15-20 minutes of running the water for the hot water to get there. The coffee pot did not work. And worst of all, the terrible smell of cheap perfume was so overwhelming that it made it hard to sleep and had a terrible headache by the time we left. I was looking for an air freshener unit so I could turn it off, but didn't see anything, so I'm not sure if it's a spray or what, but it was just terrible!

The beds and pillows were comfy. That was the only good thing. I've stayed in Motel 6's that were in nicer condition that this hotel. And I'm surprised because it was lovely from the outside! I would not stay in this hotel again even at no cost simply because of the cheap perfume smell.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank westonsmom

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comments about our comfy beds and nice curb appeal. I also noticed your comments about the condition of the property and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced because of it. I will talk with my housekeeping staff about the dirty elevator and the perfume smell in the rooms.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Traveling in the area to do events around the area. This is a great place to stay. The staff is always helpful and the room service doesnt ever have to be told what needs to be done. With service being the golden key, this place has it. So if you want to get away or just on the road needing a good rest. Come on down and stay awhile at Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comments about our helpful staff. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone.