“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
Cary, Illinois
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

We were not actually at the hotel long as we were in town for a family event. However, the room was clean & pleasant & I slept well, although the bed was a bit soft. The only problem was a bad link in the shower head, but laying a washcloth over it kept it from misting the entire bathroom. The pool & breakfast were great! Thank you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
CIS-Appleton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comments about the cleanliness of the property and pleasantness of the staff. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the pool and breakfast while you were here. Also, thank you for mentioning the shower head - I will have my maintenance staff repair it ASAP.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Erica Waller
Country Inn & Suites Appleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Galena, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here on a trip to an American Legion conference in Appleton. It's a really good hotel, right off 41 and right at the Fox Valley Mall. It's only a few minutes from downtown. You can't beat the location.

We had a wake-up call that got us up exactly when we asked. The staff was friendly. The indoor pool was nice. The breakfast was great, with a solid mix of cold cereals, a yogurt-fruit bar and warm biscuits and gravy, certainly a sign of high intelligence, class and civilization wherever you go.

The only negative: the fitness center was a bit small. But the hotel was willing to give you a pass to a larger fitness center--so that's actually kind of a plus.

Overall, we'd stay here again. It was clean, and we had no negative surprises.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank McBarkerton
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments about the staff, location and hotel amenities. I'm glad you enjoyed the pool area and the large breakfast selection.

Erica Waller
Country Inn & Suites Appleton
Waukon, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

There weren't any surpirses, the room was well equipped clean and odor free. Got a good nights sleep and back on the road again after a good breakfast. No complaints at all and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dubuque, IA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

This hotel reminded me of why I almost always stick to the Hilton family exclusively. What's sad is that the staff was friendly but the building itself and the cleanliness of the rooms really set the whole place up for failure. I paid about $100 for one night on a Packer home game weekend. It was worth about $50.

Our room looked like something out of a Motel 6. The bedroom floor was wet and the bathroom floor was just plain dirty. The mattresses were bottom of the barrel. Upon checkout, no one even asked if my stay was good -- I have a feeling they probably don't ask because they are used to hearing the same complaints.

Again the staff was nice but the place needs to be bulldozed into a corner and ultimately start from scratch. It's ashame that some corporate office somewhere would let a place like this languish so bad. I would probably look at the Hampton Inn next store for the few extra bucks.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ben1233
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

This property is in a good location, just off US 41 and only a few miles from both the airport and downtown. The suburban setting means there are several restaurants within a short drive. The room wasn't as nice as those of some of the hotels that I typically stay in (such as Hyatt Price and Courtyard) but this hotel is in a different price range and the accommodations were certainly adequate. Check-in was friendly and easy and there was a computer and printer in the lobby for printing of boarding passes, etc. The free Wi-Fi was easy to connect to and offered a reasonably fast connection. The morning breakfast spread was clean and the food items were well-stocked even though the hotel was full when I was there. Demerits for the old school tube TV in the room however.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank H0lidayr0ad
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

The staff at this hotel is very friendly, and were able to answer any questions I had. I went to see Wicked, and wanted a shower before bed, but I had no hot water in my room at all. I figured they were working on it, and I would check in the morning. I went to bed, and was woken up every single time the heater kicked in. It was super noisey. In the morning I checked the hot water, and 1 of the shower heads in my room had warm water, and the second one was still cold. i let the clerk know, and was informed they were not working on the water in the building, so it may have been just my room. When I went back into my room, I found the heater was now blowing ice cold air. I was ready to check out, so I just turned it off. I would go back here, but I would make sure things worked correctly in my rooms as soon as I got there. The swimming pool was also much colder than I like.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nosilla
West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2007

I'm not a big fan of the snow and cold and frankly, I'm not a Packers fan!! When I checked in at 2:45 I was told there wasn't a room available yet. (Not a big deal, I was a few minutes early). I went to Steve and Barry's to do some Christmas shopping and when I got back, the gentleman saw that I was there earlier and offered me a free upgrade. I ended up with a suite that was like a mini-apartment with a separate bedroom and living area. I travel for work so this was great! I sometimes forget what it is like to live in a room where I don't eat in bed.

The room and amenities were great. The pillows were very comfy. The continental breakfast had a bigger variety than a lot of places I stay. At night there are warm cookies at the front desk so that was another nice touch.

I would definitely recommend it. If you love football I would DEFINITELY recommend staying in the area. If you don't like the Packers, don't go to the state of Wisconsin!! haha

Stayed November 2007