“Wonderful learning experience”

Paper Discovery Center
Ranked #9 of 38 things to do in Appleton
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great place to learn about a huge part of our local history on paper making and paper making in general. They also do programs for the scouts through the year to help them earn achievements.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"learning"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We especially enjoyed making our own paper! Adjacent to its own little coffee shop. Cute shopping both in the museum and coffee shop. Has a good history of paper in the Fox Cities.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This has got to be one of the better kept secrets in Appleton. I have gone with my children and with a school field trip. The kids enjoyed themselves and there was plenty to keep me interested too. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Finding it can be interesting. It is hidden behind Lawrence University, but it has a wonderful view of the Fox River.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have always wanted to make paper. If you go to the Paper Discovery Center you will be able to do so. You will learn all about how paper is made and something about the history of paper making. They have a very nice little gift shop related to paper. The staff are friendly and helpful. The only thing that was not good is trying to get to the place. They have great opportunities for children - school tours. we went around and around the general area before we finally landed there. If you can find yourself the way there, I highly recommend it!