“Nice atmostphere”
Review of Bella Vita - CLOSED

Bella Vita
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Rustic, authentic Italian cuisine. 17th Annual Golden Fork Award winners in 9 categories!
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nice atmostphere”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Perfect for that business dinner, tables are not too close and you are never rushed over your meal, good selection of wines on offer.

Visited September 2012

Eau Claire, WI
“Pleasant evening”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were in town on business and staying across the street at the Radisson. It was a Friday evening, and It was nice to walk to dinner. They took reservations for 2. This Italian restaurant will hopefully find its sea legs. I don't think it has been here long. The bread and dipping oil was fabulous...no more was offered. I ordered Chicken Piccata with fresh capellini. It came with broccolini and asparagus and cherry tomatoes--both the sides were delicious. The chicken was a bit thick and dry...not quite top notch. My husband had a special of the day -- mushroom and gorgonzola ravioli...I liked his better than my chicken. Both our wines by the glass were quite satisfactory. He had a white chocolate/raspberry gelato for dessert and I had tiramisu. Again his choice was better than mine. -- the tiramisu was a little odd, served in a jar with a piped topping -- it too was a bit dry and flavorless. We both had coffee. Our total bill was a very reasonable $60 plus. The atmosphere was quiet and pleasant and only slightly cramped at our rather tiny table-for-two tucked into a corner against a wall. The service was by a pleasant college student, although the woman who served the food was rather unpleasant in manner and before presenting our food barked out the usual "would you like cheese...." It is hard to know if you want cheese or how much when you are not allowed to see the dish. I wonder if the odd presentation was because of she couldn't get to the table? or ??? We were presented our plates after she completed her cheese thing. Actually, I couldn't see any cheese, so who knows. I enjoyed the evening and would come again. I would probably order something other than what I ordered.

• Visited October 2012
Appleton, WI
“First timers and probably last timers”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Four of us were seated at a semi circle half booth half table made for 6 or 8 - we had reservations for 4 - so the seating was not very intimate for a cozy place. A quarter loaf of bread was served for the four of us. Caprese salad was good but appearance was a little disturbing - I think the 3 tomatoes had sat in the balsamic vinegar too long and looked brown instead of red. My angel hair pasta was clumped together, my friend ordered the night special of ravioli and Italian sausage and the sausage looked like gyro meat and was cold, and my husbands lasagna was burnt around the edges. A manager asked how our meal was and did offer another plate of sausage, but she declined as we were on a schedule for a show at the PAC. Service was good. Atmosphere was cozy. Food was not a good value. Perhaps this restaurant is better suited for a glass of wine, a salad and an appetizer as other reviews indicated. We paid full price, this was not a Groupon deal.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank SandyFAppleton_WI
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Most things right, one thing very, very wrong”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had been to Bella Vita once before, and thought it was nice but not the equal of Carmella's a few miles west. But we decided to try it again when we got a Groupon discount. Our entrees were really good, but the pumpkin gelato we ordered for dessert was a huge disappointment and a waste of 8 bucks (for two). It was nearly solid, and with lots of ice crystals, which shows that this place does not know to make and/or store gelato. ANY gelato lover knows that gelato should have a frozen yogurt texture, and should be significantly warmer throughout the making and storing process than ice cream. Shame on an allegedly Italian restaurant for not knowing this! When we informed our waiter of the problem, he just grinned like a fool. We should not have even been charged for it. (BTW, much better gelato is available a couple of blocks away at Aspen, although I don't think it is open in the evening.)

• Visited September 2012
Eau Claire WI
“Good food, great service and atmosphere”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I liked the quiet, serene atmosphere. The food was good, the service was excellent. Servings were adequate, but not too much food. Good wine selection.

Visited September 2012