“Most things right, one thing very, very wrong”
Review of Bella Vita - CLOSED

Bella Vita
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Rustic, authentic Italian cuisine. 17th Annual Golden Fork Award winners in 9 categories!
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Most things right, one thing very, very wrong”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had been to Bella Vita once before, and thought it was nice but not the equal of Carmella's a few miles west. But we decided to try it again when we got a Groupon discount. Our entrees were really good, but the pumpkin gelato we ordered for dessert was a huge disappointment and a waste of 8 bucks (for two). It was nearly solid, and with lots of ice crystals, which shows that this place does not know to make and/or store gelato. ANY gelato lover knows that gelato should have a frozen yogurt texture, and should be significantly warmer throughout the making and storing process than ice cream. Shame on an allegedly Italian restaurant for not knowing this! When we informed our waiter of the problem, he just grinned like a fool. We should not have even been charged for it. (BTW, much better gelato is available a couple of blocks away at Aspen, although I don't think it is open in the evening.)

• Visited September 2012

Eau Claire WI
“Good food, great service and atmosphere”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I liked the quiet, serene atmosphere. The food was good, the service was excellent. Servings were adequate, but not too much food. Good wine selection.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank mcbarkr
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Italian Cuisine”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I tried this place for the first time when I stayed at the Copperleaf. The restaurant is located on the first floor of the hotel. The restaurant's layout is a liitle odd with only one window looking out, the rest is down some stairs and a little dark. The waitstaff was knowledgeable and efficient. The food was good and I couldn't complain. They have a daily ravioli special which I almost ordered - I am guessing that would showcase the chef's talents. Either way, convenient, friendly and good food. Just an odd layout - or maybe I should say "with character".

Visited August 2012
1 Thank PaulT60606
Kevin L, Manager at Bella Vita, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
PaulT60606,

Thank you for joining us at Bella Vita Ristorante for dinner and making it a point to write a review on Trip Advisor. We value your comments and feedback and consistently use all of our resources to make our restaurant better than each day moving forward. The floor-plan at Bella Vita is without a doubt unique and was designed to offer the most private dining experience possible. Please join us again soon and be sure to try our Feature Ravioli !
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Good italian food”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I wasn't too hungry, and had the fried calamari and a house salad. Both were very good.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank James S
Kevin L, Manager at Bella Vita, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
James,

Thank you very much for dining with us at Bella Vita Ristorante, and even more for taking time out of your day to review us on Trip Advisor. As a restaurant we constantly strive to impress our guests with great service and amazing food quality. We hope you will visit us again in the future and thank you for your patronage!
Sherwood, Wisconsin
“Lack of accessibility”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was a bit surprised by the lack of accessibility this restaurant offers for individuals with physical disabilities/wheelchairs. I'm referring to the steps leading into the dining room. I did notice an entrance directly into the restaurant from College Avenue that may provide a way of entering without steps, however that entrance is closed and I'm
assuming is being used as an emergency exit.

1 Thank JubeeWeinstein
Matthew V, Manager at Bella Vita, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
JubeeWeinstein,

Thank you for choosing Bella Vita Ristorante. I recently received your comment referencing your concern of “lack of accessibility”. I am sorry it took me a few days to get back to you as I was on vacation; I like to respond to guests quickly after their visits. I would like you to know that I appreciate the time you took to give me some general feedback here on Tripadvisor. Your comments are very much welcomed as we are always interested in improving. I apologize for the fact we did not meet your expectations.

I do want to let you know we do have a private elevator for our guests with physical disabilities (located next to the steps). I apologize our staff was not informative; I take this concern with high regards.

Thank you for taking the time to read my response. The next time you, a family member or business associate have an opportunity to dine with Bella Vita Ristorante, we will make sure you and all of our guests with physical needs are informed of the dining room elevator. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Kind Regards,