“Unexpected Service”

Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
“Unexpected Service”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

There was a snowstorm that dropped around 4 inches of snow overnight during our stay. When we left in the morning I noticed that all cars in the parking lot had been cleaned off while at the hotel next door not a single car was cleaned off. I thought it was very nice, very considerate, and highly unexpected to find that my car had been cleared of snow to make my ease of departure easier. Thank you for that since I still had shopping to do before a 75 mile drive home.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Cincinnati
Reviewed December 20, 2013

The rooms are really small and cramped, but good location. it's the only Hilton property close to the mall and businesses. The water in the Jacuzzi was cool, not hot. Price of room was really high in comparison to others around me.

Room Tip: The hotel was quiet for sleeping.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Beautiful and quiet....We were in town for a wedding and stayed at this Hampton Inn. Very close to a large mall and quite a few dining places but even with that and being right next to the Freeway it was "Extremely Quiet". Nice to be able to relax when we got back to our room. The night lobby person was very helpful and really made us feel welcome. We will gladly stay here next time we are in town. Keep up the great work!!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Despite an entire Hockey Team staying here the noise level inside the room was very quiet. The breakfast was adequate and the pool temperature was fairly warm. Although rooms do not come with a refrigerator I requested one ahead of time and it was waiting for me in the room. Overall this is a great hotel if you have business in the Appleton area and would definitively stay here again!

Room Tip: If you need a refrigerator request one before check-in and they will have one in your room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stay at a lot of hotels, mainly chain hotels like Holiday Inn's and Hampton Inns. Usually the rooms are all pretty much the same and the hotel has very little character. I have to say that while still keeping to the Hampton Inn standards, there was something very nice and cozy about this Hampton Inn in Appleton.
First, the hotel is located a mile or so from the Appleton Airport. I arrived and expected the hotel shuttle to pick me up but instead they told me to grab a cab outside and the hotel would reimburse the driver. Sounds good!
Check-in was very fast and friendly and the lobby appears updated and modern. There was plenty of free parking outside o the hotel as well.
The room while being totally cozy and modern, was a little on the small side. I was a solo traveler, but if you were a family of 3 or more, the room might be a little small. What I loved best about the room is the logical placement of outlets for business work. There was a great little work desk and plenty of power outlets near the bed for phones, etc. including USB chargers (nice little touch). The free wi-fi was super fast, also a nice touch.
The bed was typical Hampton Inn meaning clean, comfortable, and overall very well done.
In the morning the free breakfast buffet was about average for a Hampton Inn but all of the basics were there.
I can't specifically put my finger on what was so nice about this hotel, but it just left an overall impression of being a nice, modern, functional place to spend a night on a business trip. You can't go wrong here!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed December 2, 2013

After multiple stays at this hotel, we've simply decided that there really isn't another place we would rather stay. In search of some R&R and that's exactly what we found. Comfortable and quiet rooms, cozy lobby/lounge and the hot tub made this stay most enjoyable. The added bonus was the outstanding staff. They actually are glad that you're there and they definitely let you know that. I know where I'm staying when I'm back in the area.

Room Tip: We've stayed on every floor and have yet to have a poor room.
Sagola, United States
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Great location if you are going to the Fox River Valley Mall. The addition of cheese omelets to the breakfast menu was appreciated. The rooms are clean and quiet, the beds are comfy, and there is a thermostat for climate control.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple