Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is my favorite hotel in Appleton. It has updated decor and facilities unlike many of the others in the area. The front desk staff were nice and helpful. Free wifi. Great to be near the mall and easy on/off from highway 41.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
rkliment, General Manager at Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Hello Emily V - Thanks for taking time to write a review about us! I appreciate the compliments about our nice and helpful staff. I'm glad to hear you liked the free wifi service too! I hope you'll choose us again next time you come up from Milwaukee! Thanks, Randy Kliment

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We arrived at the Hampton Inn, Appleton, WI on Christmas Eve and were greated by Dave, who I would describe as the most positive & gracious front desk team member I have ever experienced! Dave worked Christmas Eve and was right back working Christmas morning, and enthusiastic about representing the Hampton Inn. I used to travel 4 days a week on business never experienced such a pleasant reception even from the hotels I stayed at regularly. We have friends and relatives in Appleton and will always return to this hotel on our future visits. Our room was clean and very comfortable, as well as the dining room. Dave certainly deserves that "WOW"!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bruce H

Hello Bruce - I just wanted to reach out to you to thank you for writing such a positive review about us! I will certainly pass on the compliments to Dave... he truly is amazing and a pleasure to have working for us! Thank you for choosing us over your Christmas break, and I'm glad to hear you'll choose us again the next time you are in Appleton. Thanks, Randy Kliment

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Very solid hotel choice for the area. I was here for 1 night. Easy to find from the airport and some good restaurant choices in the area. I am planning on making this my go-to hotel for any future Appleton trips.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We were in Appleton for 2 nights to visit family and thought we would give this hotel a shot. The location is great; several restaurants are within walking distance and there is gas station to get munchies and "adult beverages" right on the corner. Check in was quick and the young lady at the front desk was very nice. The hotel is a typical Hampton Inn; smaller rooms and windows but clean and well layed out. The pool and spa looked nice but we never saw anyone in them. The breakfast area was small and very popular. We were going to eat there on Saturday morning, but the hot items did not look very appealing. We did have one issue while there. The hotel is not the most quiet (especially during a Packer game weekend) and our heating/cooling unit did not allow the fan to stay on to provide white noise. I did not expect much, but when I went to the front desk to ask for a fan they actually got me one. I was impressed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WannaTravelGuy
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Let me start by saying I'm usually too much of a snob to stay at a Hampton. But boy was I wrong! This Hampton Inn in Appleton is just 5 minutes from the airport, it's super clean, the staff was very nice and went above-and-beyond, etc. There's a free aiport shuttle and when I mentioned I was leaving before the shuttle started, they offered to pay for a cab! When I mentioned I was leaving before breakfast was ready, they handed me a bagged breakfast to go! There's a restaurant next door that delivers to your room. The room was clean and finishes were nice. I really can't say enough good things about this Hampton. It's better than some Hilton grand properties I've stayed at.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor if you want to be away from pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in a king single room on a government rate. Check in was smooth. Room was slightly small, but well-furnished, clean, and comfortable. Bed was great, HDTV was fine, bathroom was updated.

Property has a small pool, hot tub, and business center (with printers) in the eating area. Breakfast was standard fare for this chain- better than most budget hotels, but your eggs were probably prepared in a microwave. There were a nice variety of choices.

I would definitely stay again if visiting Appleton.

• Stayed: October 2012
rkliment, General Manager at Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Hello terminaldegree07 - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about us! We appreciate your business while you were here on government work. I'm glad to hear you will return the next time you are in Appleton! Thanks for your business and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have stayed at the this property several times in the past couple of years. As with any other Hampton it caters to the Business traveler. This is no exception. The staff that I deal with are always willing to go above and beyond. One of the last times I checked in- upon Check in, David handed me a bottle of water just because...Upon check out Alysia goes above and beyond to see that my stay was pleasant

HOWEVER.... I had noticed one time a "rubber duckie" in the bathroom, I thought nothing of it, thought someone may have left it behind. Upon my next visit in a different room I again saw a "rubber duckie" and realized it must be part of the hotel decor.

I went to use the pool area and saw yet more rubber duckies, on the larger scale floating in the pool so I finally had to ask mgt the deal on the rubber duckies.

Every month they have a different rubber duckie that you can keep from your room. It is based on the season, ie I was there the other day and got a halloween duck, get it...So when staying here make sure to find your duck and keep it. BUT..THE POOL DUCKS are not to keep! You can play with them, but you cant take them with you! (PS they will take lots of room in the suitcase if you try to take them LOL)

So why the DUCK review? Well I travel approx 150 nights per year and every time I get home my youngster wants and expects a different duck! So I personally think its a great marketing tool it keeps me coming back cause the kids a pressuring me you know! LOL...

But think about this for a moment, I am not sure what a lil duck cost, but multiply that by every room, every day and it definitely adds to the operating costs of the hotel. They dont have to do this, but if they pay such close attention to a simple detail like a rubber duckie in the room, just think how far out of the way they will go to see that your stay is pleasant at the Appleton Comfort in.

Kudos to the staff and mgt of the Appleton Hampton! See you in a couple weeks for the thanksgiving duck!

I have tried to add photos, but it appears that Trip advisor has issues with posting pics.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David P

Hello David P - Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about us! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the ducks so much! It is a fun to hear that they brighten your stay! I'm glad your kids enjoy them. That is something we have been doing for a few years now. Thanks again for your business and we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future! Who knows what duck you'll find next time!