“Solid overall choice”

Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in a king single room on a government rate. Check in was smooth. Room was slightly small, but well-furnished, clean, and comfortable. Bed was great, HDTV was fine, bathroom was updated.

Property has a small pool, hot tub, and business center (with printers) in the eating area. Breakfast was standard fare for this chain- better than most budget hotels, but your eggs were probably prepared in a microwave. There were a nice variety of choices.

I would definitely stay again if visiting Appleton.

• Stayed: October 2012
rkliment, General Manager at Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Hello terminaldegree07 - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about us! We appreciate your business while you were here on government work. I'm glad to hear you will return the next time you are in Appleton! Thanks for your business and we hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have stayed at the this property several times in the past couple of years. As with any other Hampton it caters to the Business traveler. This is no exception. The staff that I deal with are always willing to go above and beyond. One of the last times I checked in- upon Check in, David handed me a bottle of water just because...Upon check out Alysia goes above and beyond to see that my stay was pleasant

HOWEVER.... I had noticed one time a "rubber duckie" in the bathroom, I thought nothing of it, thought someone may have left it behind. Upon my next visit in a different room I again saw a "rubber duckie" and realized it must be part of the hotel decor.

I went to use the pool area and saw yet more rubber duckies, on the larger scale floating in the pool so I finally had to ask mgt the deal on the rubber duckies.

Every month they have a different rubber duckie that you can keep from your room. It is based on the season, ie I was there the other day and got a halloween duck, get it...So when staying here make sure to find your duck and keep it. BUT..THE POOL DUCKS are not to keep! You can play with them, but you cant take them with you! (PS they will take lots of room in the suitcase if you try to take them LOL)

So why the DUCK review? Well I travel approx 150 nights per year and every time I get home my youngster wants and expects a different duck! So I personally think its a great marketing tool it keeps me coming back cause the kids a pressuring me you know! LOL...

But think about this for a moment, I am not sure what a lil duck cost, but multiply that by every room, every day and it definitely adds to the operating costs of the hotel. They dont have to do this, but if they pay such close attention to a simple detail like a rubber duckie in the room, just think how far out of the way they will go to see that your stay is pleasant at the Appleton Comfort in.

Kudos to the staff and mgt of the Appleton Hampton! See you in a couple weeks for the thanksgiving duck!

I have tried to add photos, but it appears that Trip advisor has issues with posting pics.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David P

Hello David P - Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about us! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the ducks so much! It is a fun to hear that they brighten your stay! I'm glad your kids enjoy them. That is something we have been doing for a few years now. Thanks again for your business and we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future! Who knows what duck you'll find next time!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have been to a lot of properties but returned to this one only because of the great service I had here this past summer, and once again it was outstanding!
I really cant say enough about this property and its staff they are way a head of the rest, great front desk people always so helpful and the property is so well kept its great to see how much they care about this property to keep it looking like its brand new!

Room Tip: With the new queen size beds every room is a great room you dont have to ask for a king to have all...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Hello Rick - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about us! Thank you for coming back to our hotel. I'm glad to hear the front desk offered such great service. I'm also glad to hear you enjoyed our new queen beds! Thanks again for staying and we hope you'll choose us again the next time you are in Appleton!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have stayed at this location on several occasions, and I must say each and every time has been very consistent. Quick check in process, clean and well maintained rooms, and adequately supplied with towels and coffee in the room. And each time I have used the pool area, there has always been more than enough towels there as well , no matter how busy it is. The breakfast area is inviting, and the food has never let me down. The rooms are also very quiet, amazing how they have engineered a sound barrier within in each room. Thank you Hampton Inn, and staff for a location I can count on.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Hello Flyboygunner - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about us! I'm glad to hear you had such a great experience again. It sounds like you enjoyed the room, the pool area, and the breakfast as well. Thanks again for choosing us and I hope you'll choose us the next time your travels bring you to Appleton!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The staff is terrific, the rooms are above average, and very clean. I go out of my way to stay here when I am in Appleton on business. I get disappointed when I try and book a room and it is full! You get all of the benefits of a Hampton Inn, but this team seems to take it up a notch. If you are looking for a great comfortable night's sleep with great hospitality, I recommend this Hampton.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hello dgomalley - Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review about us! I'm glad to hear you have positive experiences when you stay. You're right, it's too bad we can't have you stay with us every time! Thanks again for your business and I hope you can stay with us the next time you are back in Appleton!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Staff is friendly, lobby/public area is nicely arranged, rooms are updated and quiet, beds are comfortable, breakfast setup is clean with good variety. Fantastic value for the price. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Hello AZMary89 - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about all aspects of your stay. I appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to share your positive experience with others. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in Appleton!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Wonderful staff, great hotel, perfect location and good value....this should be your first choice for the Appleton area.

The front desk staff is second to none and they do a great job making sure your stay is top notch. They remember your name, provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere and genuinely make you feel like a friend....not just a guest.

I highly recommend this location; you will not be disappointed! And make sure you say hello to Alicia (front desk manager)!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank awrader

Hello awrader - Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about us! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and found our staff and service to not only meet but exceed your expectations. Thanks again for your business!